Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » KE70: rack and pinion or steering box?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
the dayo
Regular

April 2003
KE70: rack and pinion or steering box? Fri, 15 April 2005 05:42 Go to next message
as the post says , just need to know what type of steering.
cheers
dave
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE70: rack and pinion or steering box? Fri, 15 April 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all the ke70's i've seen are r&p Smile
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: KE70: rack and pinion or steering box? Fri, 15 April 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
r&p. no you can't bolt the crossmember into any earlier corolla

te71 (aka t18) and every other corolla earlier than ke70 has a recirculating ball steering box
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE70: rack and pinion or steering box? Fri, 15 April 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesse on these forums has proved you can put a KE70 xmember with r&P into a T18! Appears to be bolt in conversion..

Makes me wonder why every t18 isn't running a R&P setup now Shocked

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 06:43]

the dayo
Regular

April 2003
Re: KE70: rack and pinion or steering box? Fri, 15 April 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet, i'm picking up a KE70 on the weekend, and am going to put an AE71 crossmember in it so i can can put an A series motoer in it, and i was just making sure
cheers
dave
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: KE70: rack and pinion or steering box? Fri, 15 April 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen a large number of KE70's with steering boxes, all were wagons though. They were all NZ new, not sure on what was sold in Oz.

Callum
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: KE70: rack and pinion or steering box? Fri, 15 April 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jap spec and wagons are generally wierd

ke70 wagons still had leaves

once i saw a jap ke70 sedan at the wreckers around here. twin headlights, a wierd radiator support panel, aircon and thermofans. it also had jap running gear: little ke30 brakes on the front and a 6" jap diff with 3.909 ratio. that must have been one crappy ke70 to drive
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: KE70: rack and pinion or steering box? Fri, 15 April 2005 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 16:42

Jesse on these forums has proved you can put a KE70 xmember with r&P into a T18! Appears to be bolt in conversion..

Makes me wonder why every t18 isn't running a R&P setup now Shocked

It's because the driver side engine-to-bellhousing elbow brace would foul on the knuckle where the steering shaft meets the rack in T engine applications.

I'm running 2T-G in KE70 on a TE71 rack fitted with KE70 steering rack; it's all sweet escept for that brace, which I'm running without without problems.
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: KE70: rack and pinion or steering box? Fri, 15 April 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the dayo wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 17:43

sweet, i'm picking up a KE70 on the weekend, and am going to put an AE71 crossmember in it so i can can put an A series motoer in it, and i was just making sure
cheers
dave

KE70 rack will fit the AE71 crossmember. They may be the same part.
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: KE70: rack and pinion or steering box? Fri, 15 April 2005 15:51 Go to previous message
Purple_Beasty wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 21:55

I have seen a large number of KE70's with steering boxes, all were wagons though. They were all NZ new, not sure on what was sold in Oz.

Callum

KE70s in some markets are sold with recirculating ball steering. Not sure why, pretty sure they'd be the earliest production runs and mostly Japanese production (as I believe NZ cars would be, no local production plant as with AMI in Australia). Pretty sure no AMI-manufactured KE70s were ever fitted with steering boxes.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA61 Camber Adjustable Rear Cross-member
Next Topic:ae86 heater core replacement
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 16:57:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045249462127686 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.