Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » KE55 steering setup.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

KE55 steering setup. Sat, 16 April 2005 06:22 Go to next message
Would a celica TA22 boss kit fit onto a KE55 corolla setup?

Cheers simon.

[Updated on: Sat, 16 April 2005 06:23]

Send a private message to this user    
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: KE55 steering setup. Sat, 16 April 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes. just about all toyota splines are the same
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: KE55 steering setup. Sat, 16 April 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, well the celica boss kit is pretty long and if i add it to the ke55 it will make steering come to close to me and to high, is there any way to get around that?

[Updated on: Sat, 16 April 2005 07:15]

domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE55 steering setup. Sat, 16 April 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Super Jamie wrote on Sat, 16 April 2005 16:56

yes. just about all toyota splines are the same

wat about AE82 on ke55?
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: KE55 steering setup. Sun, 17 April 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are two different types of boss kits; one's a longer collapsible boss, used for flat wheels; one's a shorter solid boss, used for dished wheels

i personally have a flat wheel, and prefer the dished boss, as the flat boss makes the wheel stick out too far

mine's Saas part number BK41. "suits ke30-55-70. corona, celica, hilux, landcruiser, cressida" i can also tell you it suits ke10 and ke20, and starlet
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: KE55 steering setup. Sun, 17 April 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm thanks for the info jamie, where would i be able to pick up a dished boss kit for the ke55?
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE55 steering setup. Sun, 17 April 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most toyota steering splines are the same, but the spacing you need will be different. Look up the book to see which one you need, and if its wrong just trick the parts shop into swaping it with another.

With the steering wheel in the stock position, you can fit 2-1/2 - 3 fingers between the wheel and the indicator stalk in the low beam position, and a extra finger in the high beam position. This is what I like to use to check the spacing as I like the steering wheel in the stock position.
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: KE55 steering setup. Sun, 17 April 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supercheap? autobarn? repco?

i can fit about 1.5 fingers at low beam
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: KE55 steering setup. Sun, 17 April 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah ok, my last question whats the exact name of the product im gunna ask for? "dished boss kit"?
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: KE55 steering setup. Sun, 17 April 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"boss kit, to suit a dished wheel, for ke55 corolla", though if you're dealing with an idiot (plentiful in supercheap stores) that may not mean much either. explain to the counter person that there are two types, one tall, one short, you want the short one. quote my part number if you like, i got my saas from supercheap

i just measured, the short one i have on my car is about 36mm tall, the larger collapsible one is about 84mm tall
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: KE55 steering setup. Sun, 17 April 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for all the info dude, i really appreciate it.

cheers simon.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: KE55 steering setup. Sun, 17 April 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would be uncomfortable with only 1-1/2 fingers. There is no reason not to have it perfect. On one of my cars I have made a aluminum spacer to correct this.
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: KE55 steering setup. Sun, 17 April 2005 14:34 Go to previous message
no worries man Smile

yeah it's a bit tight on a ke25, i did bend the indicator stork back a little bit when i put this wheel on. if i flick high beams (to pass or signal cops ahead or whatever) it can hit the steering wheel. if you're really working at the wheel (ie: on the racetrack) you can hit it and flick the indicators on mid corner, making you look stupid Razz i race during the day, so i just turn it to high beams (headlights off) when i come out of scroutineering. it's not a problem in normal day-to-day driving
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:engine differences
Next Topic:AFM Guts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:16:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050251483917236 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.