Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GAZZAke25
Regular

May 2002
Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Sun, 17 April 2005 01:25 Go to next message
I am trying to find someone who has or can make up fibre glass panels to suit my KE15 sprinter. It would be great if someone already the moulds as it costs a fortune if I have to pay for the moulds as well. I am after what ever I can get ie: guards, bonnet, boot. Thanks for your help.

From Garreth
  Send a private message to this user    
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Sun, 17 April 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
location??? well anyway theres a place in logan qld that does
panels out of fibreglass for corollas, streeter by streeter
GAZZAke25
Regular

May 2002
Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Sun, 17 April 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that Styler, Do you know the name or number of the bussines. I Will give them a call and see what they can do.
GAZZAke25
Regular

May 2002
Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Mon, 18 April 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP................................
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Mon, 18 April 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im after some ke25 front gaurds, if you find some info ect coulda let me know maybe? thanks Smile
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Mon, 18 April 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do you need the fibreglass panels for? normaly to have them as strong as the metal ones they will not be any lighter.
bassy
Regular

July 2004
Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Mon, 18 April 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there alot lighter, ive felt the weight of a ke10 f/glass bonnet. If you contact a boat builder, u can give them one of your bonnets/ guard etc. and they can make a mold. Then u can buy the sheets of f/glass and make as many as you want. good profit if you find people who want them
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Mon, 18 April 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the main problem is that you CANNOT got remanufactured panels for KE10/15's, which is a pain in the ass.

having glass panels measn you can bend/break them and get new ones.

i know of a few ppl that 'intend' to make them, but none have so far, and no workshops were interested in picking it up.
Redwarf
Regular

February 2005
Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Mon, 18 April 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FRP (Fibreglass Replacement Panels) in Redcliffe might look at it, but they mainly deal in 4WD stuff. Can't hurt to try.
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Mon, 18 April 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
streeter will do the work for you, but fibreglass panels would cost heaps, at least a few hundred a guard. he does me mates rates and it's still well expensive!

his details are on rollaclub.com forums, search on there
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Mon, 18 April 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the other thing is that most KE1x owners are cheap arses who will not fork out a few hundred per panel even if it was the only option....

such is the dilemma of owning old shit cars Wink
rollin_stock
Regular

February 2005
Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Mon, 18 April 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i wouldnt mind some glass panels, so why dont we see how many ppl we can get together and get a good deal happening. Stewart does your red sprinter in your photo have glass panels? Is that on an indy track?
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Mon, 18 April 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you should ask "is that your corolla or a random car pic you found on the internet?" Wink
rollin_stock
Regular

February 2005
Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Mon, 18 April 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh ok, well sweet corolla (you and i both wish we owned Very Happy )
SO anyone want any panels??
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Tue, 19 April 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes for KE55 though lol! A bonnet and a boot. Both screwed lol! Depends on costs!
Thanks
Troy
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Tue, 19 April 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bassy wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 21:43

there alot lighter, ive felt the weight of a ke10 f/glass bonnet. If you contact a boat builder, u can give them one of your bonnets/ guard etc. and they can make a mold. Then u can buy the sheets of f/glass and make as many as you want. good profit if you find people who want them

I cant see the FRP ones being much lighter at all, maybe even heavier.. The metal in the ke1x guards and bonnet is almost paper thin

I see oldcorollas point though, my ke15 needs pretty much all the front panels and there probably isnt much good panels around anymore Sad
ke1500
Regular

October 2002
Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Tue, 19 April 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A little off the subject, But does anyone have a KE10 Front apron they wanna sell me, preferably made out of steel? PM me if so.. Cheers dudes.
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Tue, 19 April 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah just sold a ke11 apron!

boofis i have two ke30 bonnets, they're not in bad condition, you're welcome to just have one if you organise and pay for a courier from me up here in northern nsw (aus post won't take something that big)
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Tue, 19 April 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tempting, but I'll save my money for a fibreglass/carbon fibre one man! Thanks HEAPS for the offer though!
Thanks
Troy
rotorace
Regular

August 2003
Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Wed, 20 April 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fibreglass panels for the ke10-15 would be excellent.
i would also love some for the early ke20, that has the different gaurds, bonnet and boot lid to the more common later series.
boofis, i think you'll find that after market panels are still available for ke30-55.
they are the taiwanese type which are usually a bit lighter anyway...
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Wed, 20 April 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rotorace wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 12:17

boofis, i think you'll find that after market panels are still available for ke30-55.
they are the taiwanese type which are usually a bit lighter anyway...

Serious? Sweet, where do you think I could track some of these down?
Thansk
Troy
nathos
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Wed, 20 April 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does toyota still remake ne front quarter pannels? for like a ke20? and can u get the taiwanese type for a ke20? ne help be great
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Wed, 20 April 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyota don't. you can get only a select few panels for a ke1x/2x. i've looked through a panelbeater catalog but i can't remember what's available. give someone in the phonebook a ring, but be prepared to pay many hundreds of dollars for something you could probably pick up for under $100 on a forum or at the wreckers
GAZZAke25
Regular

May 2002
Re: Fibre glass panels to suit KE15 sprinter. Thu, 21 April 2005 12:07 Go to previous message
Thanks guys. I will do some more hunting around and see what I can find. My front guards are pretty average and I cant find new standard replacements so I though I would see If any one had any of the moulds already made up. If I can find anything out I will get back to you guys.

From Garreth
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:freak of nature 1GGZE
Next Topic:1990 surf hand brake light?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 19:40:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068659782409668 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.