Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » KE Corolla dedicated thread.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 06 April 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use to own a ke30 Rolla, and have quite a collection of pics, here are a few Very Happy.

Heres the only pic i could find of my late rolla:

http://img141.exs.cx/img141/8111/camryburnout913030038oc.th.jpg

Some more pics of Rollie, she sent me:

http://img141.exs.cx/img141/8512/31sm.th.jpg

http://img141.exs.cx/img141/7805/73qc.th.jpg

http://img141.exs.cx/img141/592/94qf.th.jpg

http://img141.exs.cx/img141/3690/44oa.th.jpg

http://img141.exs.cx/img141/5016/1067178620030112ballinacarshow.th.jpg

http://img141.exs.cx/img141/6762/1067178320030112ballinacarshow.th.jpg

http://img141.exs.cx/img141/5819/1067178520030112ballinacarshow.th.jpg

Who says 4DSHOW is ugly, i love it Cool :

http://img141.exs.cx/img141/8287/090403jpm0035mn.th.jpg

ENJOY FOR NOW Cool .
  Send a private message to this user    
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 06 April 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if im patient enough to wait for it, this is the car im gona be buying, i jsut have to wait for my mate to buy a new car so he will sell me this!

http://www.fluidzone.com/liddertown/pics/ke55.jpg

mmmm flared gaurds
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 06 April 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
towe_001 wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 09:21

ke30king wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 17:36

nathos wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 16:26

hey, sorry just saw an engine on a website, its a, 18R-G 2000cc, i was wondering if this wid fit into a ke20? what sort of gearbox would suit? are there better options? coz i was lookin along the lines of a 2 ltr than runs on unleaded but carb?

easy fit

You sure about that ?

No where near as easy as a 2tg. t50 won't bolt direct. I reckon it would require some modifying to the radiator etc, just get an efi 2tg and bolt carbs on it. They run on unleaded. The 2tg can also be bored out to 1750, or a 3t bottom end then go bore that, close to 2litre.
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 06 April 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
towe_001 wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 09:21

ke30king wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 17:36

nathos wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 16:26

hey, sorry just saw an engine on a website, its a, 18R-G 2000cc, i was wondering if this wid fit into a ke20? what sort of gearbox would suit? are there better options? coz i was lookin along the lines of a 2 ltr than runs on unleaded but carb?

easy fit

You sure about that ?

yeah i rekon its not a very big engine you would be betta askin people who have it in there cars maybe thay could give u some measurements and stuph
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 06 April 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well a 4age would be alot better for a ke 20 i think the 2tg is a little big and the 18rg has a rear sump and there alot heaver than the 2tg
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 06 April 2005 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goonman86 wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 22:08

well a 4age would be alot better for a ke 20 i think the 2tg is a little big and the 18rg has a rear sump and there alot heaver than the 2tg

In Japan the ke25 levin had a 2tg in it. A ke20 shares a near identicle eng. bay to the 25. Plus it keeps the car in the era. You can buy twin carb manifolds for the 4age although all the ones I have seen are pretty dear. You will also have to modify dizzy to run carbs if you go that way. Easier to goo 2tg.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 07 April 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah putting the 2tg in there is keeping the era but atleast keeping it toyota powered.
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 07 April 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 2tg with twin carbs would sound the goods but if you look up a bit and see the setup mine has got you might find it interesting I really starting to like it. Razz
nathos
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 08 April 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been reading up on more engines, and with the 2tg in a ke20, i was reading that it is too heavy? some1 must be able to help me, and for price wise cheap conversion from engine to diff ( all work done by myself ) thinkin more along the lines of carbie coz i can tune it myself and much easier to work on?
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 09 April 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4x4 Cool :

http://www.superjamie.net/garage/4x4-corolla-ke35.jpg
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 09 April 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would love to know what chasis they are using with that. i would love to build a car like that one day. so cool. hope it has a V8 Razz

-Calvin
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 09 April 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck steve u almost put me off the coupe's for a second.

dont be pulling that shit

its dangerous for my health!
tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 09 April 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice scoop tho
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 10 April 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hokey wrote on Sat, 09 April 2005 23:06

i would love to know what chasis they are using with that. i would love to build a car like that one day. so cool. hope it has a V8 Razz

-Calvin

Suzuki Serria
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 10 April 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look what smt_007 found

WARNING: do not start looking at this late at nite, u wont go to sleep its a 23 page forum post full of KE corollas

http://ausrotary.dntinternet.com/forums/viewtopic. php?t=37913&postdays=0&postorder=asc&s tart=0

[Updated on: Sun, 10 April 2005 01:52]

nathos
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 10 April 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in that thread Shocked Surprised go the rotors
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 10 April 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did the original KE30's have Hub caps or what? if not, can anyone suggest some good alternative hubbies for a granny spec '30?
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 10 April 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want more pics of nikkis rolla and the bonnet
kehamer
Regular

January 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 10 April 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yhe, ke30's did have hubbies. There are some ke10 hubbies on ebay at the moment...pretty neat, cheap and orginal... should fit the 30 as well, depending on the wheels u have
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 10 April 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke10's came with 12inch wheels ke30 came with 13s' standard so they probably wont fit
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 10 April 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to see some hot corolla's(Ke25x2, Ke35, Ke302door, and if you must call them corolla's, some AE86's)
Improved production racing has these cars racing with 3sgte's, and 20v's. Unbelievably hot!!
Here are some pics:
http://img115.exs.cx/img115/9907/3sgteke251copy7ol.jpg
http://img115.exs.cx/img115/9504/jagger20vke25copy4vm.jpg
http://img115.exs.cx/img115/4448/jagger20vke2521tx.jpg
I'll try and get some more up
Michael
By the way i got my T50(Thanks SEXY16) so the conversion is getting mighty close.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 10 April 2005 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone know where I can get little bolt-ons like the green one has???? Interesting the 5 stud pattern on that one to.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 10 April 2005 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not too sure wat u mean by bolt-on, what exactly are you talking about?

if you are reffering the a 5 stud pattern on the wheels most likely means the car is running with a hilux diff.

be a little bit more specific with wat ur asking its a bit hard to tell from ur post, we might be able to help u out

cheers

dom
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 10 April 2005 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bolt-on guards mate. Very Happy
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone have a repair manual for the T series engines including 2tg and 3t that i could buy?

Cheers, Calvin
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not happy ... went to the wreckers today to check out a ke55 so i checked that out and asked if we could have a look at all the wrecked cars and stuph and we found a ke26(the two door wagon) and i sed man i want that and he sed sorry but i cant give it to you because of all the YOU CANT BUY A CAR FROM A WRECKER bull sh!t it didnt have an engine or anything but i just wanted it for the body so i could have a bit of a project thingie on the go and i have spare motors and stuph so i could prob get it going but i cant have im so pissed off and sad coz i cant have it Sad Sad
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i no the one your talking about but why cant you have it? needs a lot of work and parts are not about any more
Peachey
Regular

January 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kehamer wrote on Sun, 10 April 2005 21:23

Yhe, ke30's did have hubbies. There are some ke10 hubbies on ebay at the moment...pretty neat, cheap and orginal... should fit the 30 as well, depending on the wheels u have

Well at the moment I have globes but I am looking to get stockers and hubbies for it.

Anyone know where I can get some decent stockers and hubbies for a KE30 sedan. I am also after a good condition front windscreen visor and venetion blinds, if anyone knows where I can get any of these please post up here or PM me.

Cheers,
Andrew
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Anyone know where I can get some decent stockers and hubbies for a KE30 sedan..

Cheers,
Andrew

[EMP-2TG] has some nice hubcaps Cool.

http://img68.exs.cx/img68/8151/img57148fh.jpg
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peachey wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 20:01

kehamer wrote on Sun, 10 April 2005 21:23

Well at the moment I have globes but I am looking to get stockers and hubbies for it.

Anyone know where I can get some decent stockers and hubbies for a KE30 sedan. I am also after a good condition front windscreen visor and venetion blinds, if anyone knows where I can get any of these please post up here or PM me.

Cheers,
Andrew

I'm pretty sure KE30's didn't come with hubcaps. They came with steel wheels with centre caps and dress rims. I have a couple of sets of these in the shed. PM me if you are interested.

Brad
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon granny style (wite walls blinds ect) only suits anything ke20 or older. anything about ke20 doesnt suit it as well.

ok more news im picking up my new ride on wednesday!!!!!!!!!

yyeewwww im so excited im not going to be able to sleeeeeeeeepp tonite!!!!!!!

another 2 pics.

http://www.fluidzone.com/liddertown/pics/ke55-2.jpg
http://www.fluidzone.com/liddertown/pics/flarebaby.jpg
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 20:31

Quote:

Anyone know where I can get some decent stockers and hubbies for a KE30 sedan..

Cheers,
Andrew

[EMP-2TG] has some nice hubcaps Cool.

http://img68.exs.cx/img68/8151/img57148fh.jpg

Those hubcaps are on 15" Ford steelies.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey theres my car Razz

yeah i got them from supercheap, they were the cheapest ones they had $13 or somthing
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TG wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 20:45

hey theres my car Razz

yeah i got them from supercheap, they were the cheapest ones they had $13 or somthing

very nice Smile, when looking at hubcaps number one rule is, dont get the fake studs on the hubcaps, because it looks gay when spinning Razz .
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats true also, all the ones i looked at had 5 studs and i was trying to cover the fact it was 5 stud Razz
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goonman86 wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 19:30

i no the one your talking about but why cant you have it? needs a lot of work and parts are not about any more

its the 1 at murphy street wreckers i cant have it coz its the law and the law sez i cant get it regoed becoz it has been classified as a wreck inthe servis tas computers and sh!t like that i will make him an offer for itand a datto coupe
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its to prevent vehicles from being rebirthed basically.

not much of a worry with older cars but its more applyable to newer cars but if they have a rule they gotta apply it to everything.

there are so many good KE shells at pick n payless in blacktown in sydney, one was a PERFECT ke35 shell that had been completely stripped and all rust removed and everything would have been perfect for a project casue every pannel was straight as. such a shame to see it there casue we all know itll end up as a cube Sad
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 22:07

its to prevent vehicles from being rebirthed basically.

not much of a worry with older cars but its more applyable to newer cars but if they have a rule they gotta apply it to everything.

there are so many good KE shells at pick n payless in blacktown in sydney, one was a PERFECT ke35 shell that had been completely stripped and all rust removed and everything would have been perfect for a project casue every pannel was straight as. such a shame to see it there casue we all know itll end up as a cube Sad

Shit, is that still there? They must keep them a while, yea it's a shame allright.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep them till they cant make any more money off them is about it
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 11 April 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats the one what guy did u talk to? was it the bald fat guy? he has a skyline old wagon one i think r31 or somthing with a rb20det in it his not a bad bloke has helped me out a fair bit. have you seen my car intown yet mate?
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 12 April 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am trying to get bolt-ons to. There is a guy on here who sells them i think. Got to parts wanted and go back a few pages and some guy has asked where he can get them and another guy replied that he sells them.
Anyway the aqua Ke25 with the bolt ons has a 3sgte(Bloody awesome) it races in the over 2Ls. The yellow one has a 20v in it. I looked in the engine bay and it was so clean!!
I'll put up a few more pictures if i can find them.
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 12 April 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is a ke30 2 door. I didn't get a chance to get any better photos as my battery went dead:
http://img216.echo.cx/img216/9126/ke30copy0in.jpg
http://img216.echo.cx/img216/8711/3sgteke252copy4fe.jpg
http://img216.echo.cx/img216/6495/ae86scopy7ds.jpg
(Yes i know they are not KE corollas haha)
Go to this website if you want to see some better pictures:
JPM Photo's
Michael

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2005 00:46]

ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 12 April 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i am goin back tonite to have another look around and yeah i saw ya car at the drags i think i have also seen it at tint a car oh and i think ur boss hit my dog about 6 months ago
kehamer
Regular

January 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 12 April 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey domasik,
did that ke55 used to be yellow or similar? i used to see it getting around castle hill/dural. Seen it parked at the towers a couple times too, but havent seen it for a few months now. wats been done to it??
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 12 April 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea it used to be a kinda greyish greeny yellow colour. it didnt have the flares b4 it was in primer but the grill was fucked casue it got stolen by some homo at school and get ripped off the grill. im converting it to round light style grill soon anyways as i prefer them over the square.

oh and guess wat!

ITS SITTING IN MY DRIVEWAY NOW!

hehehehe

i bought it today. its got swift GTI buckets inside it too i found out today and the carperts are all in really good condition too. so stoked on the buy its got october rego too.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 12 April 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good work getting the 55.
I'll have to see it sometime.
My struts should be in this week all i need now is some sigma control arms then they should go in
Then the conversion should start!!
Michael
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 12 April 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are the sigma the same as scorpian? if so there are 2 different types and one of them has a bit u need to shave off the end to make it fit properly.

few things about the ride basically just needs a new diff and pretty soon casue its pretty rooted i think ill get defected cause the exhasut is pretty loud!

anwyays im off to bed

maaannn headache hahahahh
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 13 April 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my boss ran over your dog???? wtf are you sure. what was hr driveing
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 13 April 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the evo i dunno if he ran over it but he was there
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 13 April 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmon lets keep this on topic, if wana talk about it start a "YOUR BOSS HIT MY DOG" thread in the outhouse

now back to the KE's

mmmmmm im in looooorrrveeeeee

but i need a new diff center Sad
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 14 April 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How bad is your one?
I just want my struts in.... And some neg camber!!
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 16 April 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought i may as well put it up here to incase people don't read the Cruise Page
Ke Corolla Cruise link here - - FREE BEER FOR SYDNEY KExx COROLLA OWNERS

Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 16 April 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Question?
What type of seat belts do you pre 1975 KE's have(i.e ke10,15,20,25)?
I got the crappy non retractable ones which piss me off!! Anyone else kept these or have you changed to newer ones which retract?
Cheers
Michael
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 16 April 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my 20 has very crappy non retacting type and they are different types in the front not that I care it will end up with harnesses and race seats no doubt ,I have 1 OMP seat to go in and a 4 point harness just waiting in the shed Very Happy
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 April 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is now some before pics of my 20 in members rides I will add so progress pics as soon as I get them sorted
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 April 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i hate those crappy seat belts. They piss me off cause when you close the door they always get stuck in the door.
Yeah i think i may go harnesses too,
Michael
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 April 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

the difference between the ta22 t50 and the te72-t18 t50 gear box

[img=http://img64.echo.cx/img64/1238/10022517ov.th .jpg]

[Updated on: Sun, 17 April 2005 11:08]

domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 17 April 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aahhh the shifter... i take it the left one is ta22 being closer to the bellhousing?
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 18 April 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep the clean one is the ta22 box the dirty one is from a t-18
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 18 April 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hey lenny did u buy your car from a bloke called chad
Pages (22): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms
Next Topic:starlet GT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 12:14:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014023065567017 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.