Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Speed LIMIT Sun, 17 April 2005 06:28 Go to next message
Hey
YOu know that whole thing about people doing 65 in an 80 zone and getting hassled (Mostly old people getting hassled, don't know how to spell that sorry) Just wondering what your thoughts are on this - 1. Its a speed LIMIT not a dead set speed at which you have to travel 2. If the person wants to save fuel you'd do 65 not 80, so it makes sense if you don't want to be driving interestingly. Alright, just wondering and sorry bout my explanatory skills. Have a good one all!
Thanks
Troy
  Send a private message to this user    
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Speed LIMIT Sun, 17 April 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its unacceptable if...
it is a single lane road, and
if they are in the middle lane.

thats for me anyways.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Speed LIMIT Sun, 17 April 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
disagree mate technically you'll use less fuel at 80 cos you can slot it in to 5th instead of 4th and in my car that would be at a slightly lower rpm thus using less fuel. Put it this way if it aren't comfortable doing omg 80kmph you and or your car shouldn't be on the road.
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Speed LIMIT Sun, 17 April 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol! Thanks for sharing your opinion guys. Bit of a problem if they aint got 5th though ey lol! I agree that its annoying but I wouldn't ever show anger or something of the likes towards them, over something that petty. BUt yeah if its one lane yeah it would be extremely annoying lol! Thanks guys!
Thanks
Troy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Speed LIMIT Sun, 17 April 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you don't want to do the speed limit of a given road, then you talk an alternative route that allows you to do a slower speed.

Its as simple as that.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Speed LIMIT Sun, 17 April 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh I've been stuck behind some dick in a camry doing 75 on the freeway ... in the right lane. He seemed oblivious to someone being behind him high-beaming ...

I reckon people like that shouldnt be on the road.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Speed LIMIT Sun, 17 April 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got no problem with people driving according to conditions - I've done 40 in a 70 zone and still felt like I was pushing it torrential rain.

But people who do any more than 5km below the speed limit need to get the hell out of my way, especially when it's on the m4, 3 lanes wide, and the person in the right lane is getting undertaken by trucks and volvos. (yes, that happens regularly - 'tards)
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Speed LIMIT Sun, 17 April 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have no issues with slow drivers at all

JUST STAY OUT OF THE FUCKING RIGHT HAND LANE YOU PURPLE VITARA DRIVING FUCKSTAINS!

[Updated on: Sun, 17 April 2005 07:17]

flyinwall
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Speed LIMIT Sun, 17 April 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is actually a law against it, its called "obstruction of traffic"
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Speed LIMIT Sun, 17 April 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
going slower than the speed limit, causes traffic to be backed up, which a) increases the risk of having an accident because people do stupid shit when they want to do something but cant (i.e. get there quickly) and b) it can cause miscommunication between drivers, i.e. someone thinks their letting you in, but not really, and you merge, they dont stop, crash bang splat beeeeeeep.

not cool.

do as close to speed limit as you can, or, judge it for yourself if there are special conditions, (wet, oily, sandy etc.)

Eldar.O.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Speed LIMIT Sun, 17 April 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flyinwall wrote on Sun, 17 April 2005 16:48

yeah and how often do you see police enforcing that Rolling Eyes
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Speed LIMIT Sun, 17 April 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahhaha.
Thanks
Troy
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Speed LIMIT Sun, 17 April 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in w.a. it's illegal to go under 10km of the speed limit. People need to learn how to stick to the road limit unless they have a reason for it eg raining.

I've been stuck behind people doing 50 in a 70 zone and it pisses me off.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Speed LIMIT Sun, 17 April 2005 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 17 April 2005 18:16

If my memory serves me correctly (no guarantees) you have to be down to about 25kph to be braking the law.
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Speed LIMIT Sun, 17 April 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 17 April 2005 18:16

I HAVE actually been pulled over for going to slow!
Late evening, Harry in the car and I was trying to get home with a miagrain, pulled over for doing 30 in a 50 zone, told it is dangerious going to slow, explained that i was limping home that that was as fast as my brain could travel. ended up with the female copper driving me and Harry home in my car and her parterner following to get her.
Coppers are not always bad but the do inforce the to slow rule.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Speed LIMIT Mon, 18 April 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was travelling along the M5 a few months ago, and every time i drive along it, it always pisses down with rain... Anyway, in a 110 zone, i was surprised everyone had slowed down to 50 (myself included). Visibility was deadset about 5metres, had the high beams, hazards and everything on just so no-one would hit me....first time ive ever slowed down that much. I was even considering pulling over and waiting for it to pass Shocked

As for the driving 'too slow', i havent heard of anyone ever getting done for it, but itd make great sense if you're doing 1/2 the posted speed limit and in the right lane Twisted Evil
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Speed LIMIT Mon, 18 April 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unless the conditions are rooted (monsoon, fog, etc) I like to think of most speed limits as a LOWER limit, not to go under if it's a good situation (i.e. not infront of a school at 3:25pm). The upper limit is entirely up to each individual driver, and how lucky he/she is feeling about speed cameras/radars . . Cool

Most cars return their best economy between 70->90km/h, depending on gearing and aerodynamics.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Speed LIMIT Mon, 18 April 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No one should have a problem with anyone going slower than the speed limit. It's when they won't GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY that I have a problem.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Speed LIMIT Mon, 18 April 2005 05:41 Go to previous message
During a license test I was on a busy road with heaps of people crossing (like 100's, no shit), and I slowed to 40 and failed for not doing the speed limit. Apprently I was supposed to sit on 70 and mow the people down. Confused

I rang up the registrar of motor vehicles and complained, but some got some shit like he was only acting in the position and couldn't over turn a tester. My next test I drove him to the shops to get a packet of smokes and back, passed in about 10 minutes.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Its two wheel action you've gotta watch
Next Topic:Hate Eternal
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 02:32:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056979656219482 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.