Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boofis
Regular

December 2004
icon8.gif  Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 08:57 Go to next message
Hey
Did anyone see ACA tonight? Its "Hoons" like those people who are ruining the car modifying world. What are your opinions on it? Have a good one!
Thanks
Troy
  Send a private message to this user    
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I saw it,

I don't think any of that stuff was cool, I don't like how the "hoons" couldn't care less about what they do...

I personally could never do stupid shit like that... Save it for a track, or if you really desperate, somewhere remote and away from people...
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whole heartedly agree! Its just pointless there are safe places to do it, but no. Also, did you see how stupid that guy who was on the camera was? Laughing "Its not about the car, its about the person" wtf, he wants to put himself in jail lol!
Thanks
Troy
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, fucken idiotic morons

they'll learn...

but how bout the sped up footage, evil background music and cynical comments ?! Laughing Laughing Laughing

baaaaah they deserve every fucking thing

oh - i flicked yo channel 7 straight after and they had a story on some 'hoons' going up and down this stretch of road, until the residents blocked the street off and trapped them all til the police came

bloody hilarious

'do you have the guts to come back to the station and see the basket load of photos with people that have survived the acts of which you guys are doing?'

*silence*

'no i didn't think so'

Laughing Laughing Laughing

adolescence at its finest
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, one particualr statement that pissed me off was the guy who talked about saving up for the cars...

"Why shouldn't you have your car taken off you, your commiting illegal offences"

"But I spent all my money on this car, if it gets taken, i'll just have to build a faster one"...

boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha. Thats classic, I should've switched over lol! Yeah the sped up tape was lame Rolling Eyes But thats channel 9 these days. Yeah they are truly stupid and quite clearly have to much time and money.
Thanks
Troy
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like to think that it's only a few of the modified car scene that are getting into this sort of activity...

But in actual fact its much worse.

boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'd think people who know so much about cars would know how dangerous they can be. I'd hate to see modifying of cars completely banned in the future! Shocked
Thanks
Troy
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boofis wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 19:12

You'd think people who know so much about cars would know how dangerous they can be. I'd hate to see modifying of cars completely banned in the future! Shocked
Thanks
Troy

you probably wont be banned just defected Rolling Eyes
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
While the kids were in the wrong, the amount of bias towards the residents gave me the shits. I love giving feedback Evil or Very Mad

Quote:

I am openly and unashamedly attacking the credibility of the journalist who produced this story. The term "hoon" was used more times than I was able to count on my fingers and toes. Perhaps they should research terms such as "young driver"? Or do they lack the capacity for political correctness?

I try not to watch your program due to the blinding and, at times, downright hilarious bias that it presents in the majority of it's "news" stories. The one night that I wrestled my girlfriend away from Neighbours, I was sincerely missing the soapie.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 April 2005 09:15]

boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol. Very funny, but seriously if the cops are taking their cars now and not giving them back. I'd hate to see if this doesn't work.
Thanks
Troy
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this same story was done on Today Tonight (Perth Edition) a month and a half ago..

sad to say.. there were a couple of MA61's and RA6x's in the footage.. Crying or Very Sad
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt see it Sad

oh well, probably better that i didnt or i'd be pissed off all night! Laughing
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh, taking ppls cars = high speed chase's here we come
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah grouse imagine all the cars going cheap at the auctions Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 19:23

Just what i want, a VL with a front mount.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 19:26

Don't you mean a fully sik lowered VL Calais Turbo since it's hard to find one that hasn't been wrapped around the pole or tree?
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 19:26

well what about the ones that borrowed daddys LS400 etc etc Very Happy think positively Smile
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 19:29

well what about the ones that borrowed daddys LS400 etc etc Very Happy think positively Smile

From what little footage there was of cars in the story.... I saw a lowered Pulsar and a stock Magna. Not in the market for either unfortunately Razz
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was listning to 2gb with alen jones (it was on the radio at work) they were on about the guys that got shot in the rocks, and all of a sudden the 'hoons' that cruise the rocks were somehow ascociated with the drive-by! now i know that there are some tools that hang around in that area so i generaly try to steer clear, but i dident see the connection between the two. it seems 'hoons' are getting more bad publicity than usual lately, but what realy shits me is when because your car looks modifided, your instatly grooped into the hoon category no matter how responsibly you drive

[Updated on: Mon, 18 April 2005 09:35]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sooooo farking ghey

its just perfect timing with the rocks/stanmore shooting incident, i hope all these ricers/greasers get the car crusher penalty Twisted Evil

death to all chrome wheeled/lamed up mods from local 'performance' parts shopped/gay fucking leathered/greased up cars at the rocks/parra road/george st

fuck i need something to calm me down
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
notice most of them were Holden drives!! they're not hoons........mate....they're bogans too. and hows 'bout the For Sale VL??? YESSSS, i want people to buy my trashed car so gimme a cal if u want to buy it! either that or its his lame attempt to pick-up chicks with his display of phone number.
They dont give us a bad name, they give themselves a bad image
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm just waiting for andra to sue the "media" for improper use of the title "drag racing" and for defamation
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just saw both of the articles, the first one on ACA showed sooo much commodore footage, some was old stuff that they have used before. Now, im really annoyed at both the young drivers they interviewed, and also the news show itself. Im SURE there would have been some young guys there with some intelligent comments, but they wouldnt include those. The young guys said some majorly stupid shit tho!

Best person in that article? He may be a commodore driver, but Brock's comments were good - "Taking the cars away is not the answer, we need to talk to these drivers to find out why they are doing these things"

The second story was about a straight line road in the hills with lots of rises and falls. apparently young ppl were going over 100km/h and getting airbourne over the crests. If you ask me this is pretty damn dangerous, hit the crest the wrong way and your gonna have a very hard time regaining control when u hit the ground. Also this street in particular was rather narrow, completely lined with trees.

Cops... if your reading this.. There ARE responsible young drivers on the road, not every young driver is a HOON, we need more track days to resist ppl from mucking around on the street, we need greater education for young drivers (read: skid pan car control days). Please dont defect a car just because it is modified, im 100% certain that my coil over suspension gives me much better control of my car, than standard suspension. Sure, defect cars with bald tyres/low brake fluid, but NOT vehicles that are modified for the better..
Skein
Regular

November 2002

Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 19:22

Sure, defect cars with bald tyres/low brake fluid, but NOT vehicles that are modified for the better..

and not brake fluid actually AT the low line Mad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and no defecting for low washer fluid while we're at it.

sincerely tho, I know people who used to go to the illegal drags regularly (disclamer: certainly not me, I'd never do that), and the majority of the people there are tossers. There were a few like my "friend" who are just tehre to watch - park a few streets away where your car is safe and walk along the designated drag strip and check out some of the more imrpessive cars... but the sort of people bought out are toold, doing all maner of dangerous things - it's these people that need to have their cars impounded - the reason they do it is almost entirely social, and there are buggerall ways to change a social situation once it has become integrated. The cops need to start with the younger generation... but that would require foresight from people in politically powerful positions. And let's face reality - all we'll get is some pretty words and a hard line stance to convince the oldies to vote for them at the next election, not somehting that will actually be effective (even though it may take, shock horror, more than one term of government)
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 19:07

I like to think that it's only a few of the modified car scene that are getting into this sort of activity...

But in actual fact its much worse.

no, we all do.. dont you see?.. and do you know how I know this?.. cause ACA told me so!
because im a person who actually has no brain and am brainwashed by the news
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I blame it on the fast and furious

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fucking funny shit who in their right mind would try to get air over hills like that. It seems neighbours are the same in qld as they are in sydney except in sydney all you need to do is have a louder car than normal drive at the speed limit in second gear down the road which is a steep hill and you will have them calling the cops on ya.

edit: if you have fun drag racing on hills like that then you obviously want to die.

[Updated on: Mon, 18 April 2005 10:46]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 20:45

fucking funny shit who in their right mind would try to get air over hills like that. It seems neighbours are the same in qld as they are in sydney except in sydney all you need to do is have a louder car than normal drive at the speed limit in second gear down the road which is a steep hill and you will have them calling the cops on ya.

edit: if you have fun drag racing on hills like that then you obviously want to die.

thats so true about them calling the cops
i mean i can drive down a hill in 4th gear at 50.. and i still get the evil eye from old folks
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 20:57

4agte wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 20:45

thats so true about them calling the cops
i mean i can drive down a hill in 4th gear at 50.. and i still get the evil eye from old folks

if it sounds loud it must be going fast right?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, the guy aross the road from me used to own a peripheral port rotary - so I guess everyone thinks my car is a quiet granny car Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
l0l ive heard a bridge port 13b with a 48mm ida and you could hear that thing commin a mile away even at idle i couldnt imagine how loud a periphial port would be

i just watched the video again im so using that excuse next time i get pulled over "im sorry officer i had a testosterone moment"
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sod the commonwhore hoons, who gives a rats arse about those tards.. what about the poor girl just before them! jeez!

i WOULDNT hit that!
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I say street race in $200 rusted paddock bashes,

Lack of speed = less chance of drive fault

and more chance of developing driver skills,

get car confiscated, buy another paddock basher.

COME ON,

Think 20year old cars, that dont have enough power to spin the wheels, you could drag for 400m before reaching the speed limit...

only unmodified cars allowed.. how cool would they feel then?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol because my car IS 20 years old, and it DOESNT have power to spin the wheels, and i dont wanna lose it Crying or Very Sad hahaha
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Hoons ACA Mon, 18 April 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh so ACA as now come on in with the HOON articals.....i didn't get to see either (was at gym) butwhat state/city was it all based in...

and yeah they know when to bring it up when that ROCK's shooting happened...

isn't it amazing that they know to initview the dumbest and most smart arse of people buy the sounds of it.... and why wouldn't u hoon around in a holden i mean they cheap....parts cheap...every cunt got one so they bland in better and POS so treat them like POS..lol

I think it the coming age of sleeper to proval....

Nezza Cool
F|sh
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so everyone here is telling me that they have never dropped a burnout or gone above the speed limit? i think your halo is choking you

The ones shown on ACA and TT are usually setup and told what to say - imho.

we all do stupid shit in our cars and with mates around - part of the car culture this has to change.

I think it all comes from driver training show us kids how to drive not pass a test. even make us drive in our modded cars for our p's if were lucky enough to already have our modded car.

im a bogan so don't sterotype me. I reckon you westies are the worst Razz bogans outhere.
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still trying to work out why the 'citizens' who blockaded the road and actually took away one of the drivers car keys aren't in jail right now.

Last I heard, holding somebody without their will was against the law...
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe they considered themselves making a "citizens arrest"

but frankly I agree with you. I'm not condoning street racing but ffs, you can't just drag people out of their cars and take their keys away from them and hold them against their will.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 04:17]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you watched this ACA segment then i blame YOU for the shoddy journalism.

u encourage it by watching it end of story.

doesnt matter what they show, or if u agree/disagree with it, if u watched it you lose they win and continue to air their show.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Tue, 19 April 2005 14:37

doesnt matter what they show, or if u agree/disagree with it, if u watched it you lose they win and continue to air their show.

Lucky I didn't watch it then Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boudan wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 23:32

I say street race in $200 rusted paddock bashes,

Lack of speed = less chance of drive fault

and more chance of developing driver skills,

get car confiscated, buy another paddock basher.

COME ON,

Think 20year old cars, that dont have enough power to spin the wheels, you could drag for 400m before reaching the speed limit...

only unmodified cars allowed.. how cool would they feel then?

my car is 20 years old and it can spin the wheels and after 400m i'd be tipping somewhere around 130+kmph, my sis's ke70 on the other hand i tried once and thats all i'll say, big revs and clutch dump nothing, didn't wanna try anymore cos i don't wanna break the car, my car = danger in the rain.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 05:02]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Tue, 19 April 2005 14:37

Na thats not true, cause from the general atmosphere of the people on this post, regardless of watching it or not, its the fuck heads like those cunts that took the keys and held people against there whill that watch ACA and get all ghey about hoons.
But everyone knows those types, if they hear a slightly loud car, even with a stock exhaust they go nuts
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These dickheads should have penalties given to them for doing stupid shit like burnouts in the middle of an intersection with lights. I don’t agree with confiscation laws though. I don’t see how a burnout or something like that can be as dangerous as a drink driver and they get to keep their cars. Oh I remember, that is because they are shitboxes and they don’t care about them.

On the other hand, if you live where I live, the closest place you can go legally is over 2 hours away and there are about 400 000people who live here. There is obviously a lot of car enthusiasts out of that many people and there is no where to go. There is a race track that could be used that is only 40 mins away but the council bought it so they could close it down Rolling Eyes
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3S-GE_Man wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 22:15

ahhh so ACA as now come on in with the HOON articals.....i didn't get to see either (was at gym) butwhat state/city was it all based in...

and yeah they know when to bring it up when that ROCK's shooting happened...

isn't it amazing that they know to initview the dumbest and most smart arse of people buy the sounds of it.... and why wouldn't u hoon around in a holden i mean they cheap....parts cheap...every cunt got one so they bland in better and POS so treat them like POS..lol

I think it the coming age of sleeper to proval....

Nezza Cool

can somebody translate this for me?

Eldar.O.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ralph says: Me fail engrish thats unpossible...
Honest i can kinda understand what he getting at but it is very hard to understand.
Yes this is the net but for christs sakes didn't they teach you how to construct a sentence in primary school.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there some way u can contact ACA and tell them how fucked they are for speeding up footage!
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey
In reply to some of the posts - I guess everyone has dropped a burnout but thats a totally different thing, these people are getting together and doing burnouts and doughnuts in the middle of the interseection with people passing by in their cars. Thats pretty stupid if you ask me. Have a good one all.
Thanks
Troy
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is very dumb, its obvious cops will drive past and fuck u up, or people will complain. Not only that is slows down traffic and other road users will most likely come over to u and either put a foot mark in one or more of the panels of the car or they will receive a fist in the face
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah go to the nine website click on the link for ACA then the feedback section/ we don't really give a fuck button but please leave your message and we'll politely ignore.
Honest you aren't going to get anywhere bitching and moaning to the media about this, cos guess what its what the old farts wanna see so until stop watching they'll keep on playing the midless drivel.
No matter how the stats are portrayed to them and the government they will still be on their head hunting mission to take away the rights of the youth. But by the sounds of it the guys on the show were a bunch of fuck tards anyway, but thats the problem they aren't gonna show thegood side of modifying, maybe toymods should invite them to our next show and shine etc lol.
Put it this way street racing is a real problem, almost every Friday, Saturday or Sunday night in our area, there will be races on especially at Ingleburn industrial area. The servo makes a killing.
Put it this way until another Pope dies/ tsunami happens etc once again the news will focus on P-platers and more and more ways to make them lose their licenses.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 05:47]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Tue, 19 April 2005 15:10

On the other hand, if you live where I live, the closest place you can go legally is over 2 hours away and there are about 400 000people who live here. There is obviously a lot of car enthusiasts out of that many people and there is no where to go. There is a race track that could be used that is only 40 mins away but the council bought it so they could close it down Rolling Eyes

1st: the government doesnt owe you or your 399,999 neighbours anything.

2nd: its your choice to be a car enthusiast, therefore you have to put up with what it takes to be one, and if that means 2 hours worth of driving/towing then so be it.

3rd: facilities wont stop idiots being idiots.

changing peoples attitudes and mindsets is what will helps these problems. Your arguments underlying tone is that of your immediate wants (ie u want a drag strip). rationally it will not solve the problem.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe not THE problem, but it will solve mine Smile

What was the solution to getting skateboard kids off the street?

I am saying that, if there is a legal alternative then throw the book at these organized drag events but if there is nowhere to go then what the fuck are you supposed to do?

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 06:20]

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fact: everyone is sick of hearing about young drivers dying/crashing every week in the papers.

young drivers = problem............FACT!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah lack of facilities does make it annoying for the genuine enthusiast, interms of NSW at the moment it ain't too bad but by them time i have a decent car oran park will be closed leaving wakefield and eastern creek as the other options.

Now lets just say i would like to do drifting wakefield is one a bit bumpy and two, two hours plus from my house now should something go wrong thats an expenisve tow, secondly the drift track at Eastern creek is just a figure eight.

Now lets assume i just wanna do a track day, eastern creek is out for the next year and a bit cos i'm on my p's, and wakefield becomes hard onec again should anything go wrong.
Wazaaaa
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reading through all of this has made me realise that when your young all you want to do is get there in a hurry, or show off etc, when your older all you want to do is get there - ie avoid deadshits doing circle work in the middle of an intersection. I'm not suggesting for one second that every young driver is a hoon or speeds - god know there are plenty of 30+, 40+, 50+ drivers who have never grown up when it comes to driving a car. When I got my licence at 17 and the instructor told me that it takes 8 years to be a competent driver I thought he was full of shit - on reflection, at age 29 he was right. Now I have a far greater respect for other road users.

Where is all this coming from.... a few years back I was driving behind my best mate on the way into the city and, dare I say it, a P plate driver in a big hurry decided to overtake but misjudged the oncoming traffic and had to cut in on my mate driving the car in front, their cars clipped and my mate ended up slamming into the back of a parked semi on the side of the road. He didn’t have a chance. I threw out the anchors and pulled up - ran back to see my mate - he was a mess. I looked back to see that the other driver had pulled up as had about 10 other cars. In a blind fury I ran up to the other car, put my boot through the drivers window and dragged him out in a headlock back to see what had happened. The sight of Ben with half his face missing and skull busted open made him throw up and then start crying like a baby. All I wanted to do is kick the shit out of him but the bystanders kept us apart. We buried my mate 4 days later. Apparently this driver had dangerously overtaken several other cars before he got to us which was reported in court, where he was charged for reckless driving causing death. I got a caution from the police for my action.

All I can say is, slow the fuck down. SERIOUSLY. You wont get home any faster - unlike Ben, who never made it home.

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big power means big responsibilty, aswell as a larger chance of something stupid happening,

whats happening lately is that these people arent responsible. Therefore the end up in trees and the like.

When will you guys realise, that lots of power in young hands means trouble..

id rather the cops be more strict, and keep the MAJORITY of the fuckers under control, even if it means that the minority of responsible drivers have to suffer...

my cars getting a turbo... yes, although i can afford to do so now, i wont, simple because im on my P's, and i couldnt handle it.

as soon as i feel confident, ill put it on.

Eldar.O.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i was proof the other day that u can and do get stopped for absolutely no reason and abused(in a way) by the police
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=65929&rid=821&S=135aedf56a1d8b35e9822584 fcac5f6d&pl_view=&start=0#msg_612032
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not JUST the speed though that causes horrific incidents like the one mentioned above... it is predominantly the risk calculation that factors.
It is not necessarily true that P-Plater's drive any faster than someone who has been driving 30 years it is just that with age comes maturity and better judgement.
It seems that I see all kinds of people driving fast often it is just the younger ones who will take the bigger risks thus bringing themselves and unfortunately others to grief.
Call it youthful stupidity if you like. I know when I was on my P's I drove MORE carefully cause I was aware of my inexperience. It's just comes down to if the P-plater is a dickhead or not... and usually they will still be a dickhead when the get their blacks.

And as far as journalism goes or the poor excuse that Channel nine refers to as Current Affairs... I totally agree with some of the above comments. I work in TV and it is simple fact that no-one wants to show the good stuff. The camera crew could have interviewed 100 sensible enthusiasts but no way would that get past the news director. The idea of shows like ACA is to create a doom and gloom environment... so all the sorry simple-minded people that turn it on each night feel better about their own crappy lives. Just don't watch it... the less people that pay attention to the crap that these sensationalist Journolism shows put out the better off we are.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Hoons ACA Tue, 19 April 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wazaaaa wrote on Tue, 19 April 2005 18:13

Reading through all of this has made me realise that when your young all you want to do is get there in a hurry, or show off etc, when your older all you want to do is get there - ie avoid deadshits doing circle work in the middle of an intersection. I'm not suggesting for one second that every young driver is a hoon or speeds - god know there are plenty of 30+, 40+, 50+ drivers who have never grown up when it comes to driving a car. When I got my licence at 17 and the instructor told me that it takes 8 years to be a competent driver I thought he was full of shit - on reflection, at age 29 he was right. Now I have a far greater respect for other road users.

Where is all this coming from.... a few years back I was driving behind my best mate on the way into the city and, dare I say it, a P plate driver in a big hurry decided to overtake but misjudged the oncoming traffic and had to cut in on my mate driving the car in front, their cars clipped and my mate ended up slamming into the back of a parked semi on the side of the road. He didn’t have a chance. I threw out the anchors and pulled up - ran back to see my mate - he was a mess. I looked back to see that the other driver had pulled up as had about 10 other cars. In a blind fury I ran up to the other car, put my boot through the drivers window and dragged him out in a headlock back to see what had happened. The sight of Ben with half his face missing and skull busted open made him throw up and then start crying like a baby. All I wanted to do is kick the shit out of him but the bystanders kept us apart. We buried my mate 4 days later. Apparently this driver had dangerously overtaken several other cars before he got to us which was reported in court, where he was charged for reckless driving causing death. I got a caution from the police for my action.

All I can say is, slow the fuck down. SERIOUSLY. You wont get home any faster - unlike Ben, who never made it home.

That's terrible mate.

I can definitely see your point. I think the problem is there is so much ambiguity in the word "hoon". Some people would say that the fella who crashed into Wazaaa's mate was a hoon, but I think I would just say he is shit driver full stop.

I had the same thing happen to me on the way home today. I was doing 105 in a 100 zone (which should probably be 80 zone) and this guy who looked about 18 years old overtakes me in his shitty hyandai. As he went past me I gave him a death stare that sort of said "what the F8*%K are you doing?" I mean it was so pointless as there were about 15 cars in front of me doing 80 anyway Rolling Eyes Point is this dude isn't a hoon he is just a dickhead.

A hoon to me is burnouts, street racing, drifting in stupid places like busy road, residential areas etc. I personally can't see the point in doing burnouts anyway unless you are just wanting to heat up your tyres to race. And this doesn't do much for street tyres anyway IMO Razz

Also, on the program they talk about hooning and then show nice looking cars parked on the side of the road??? In fact, my old soarer was used as hoon footage for the local channel 7 for about 6 months until I finally rang them up and told them not to use it. I was just parked, standing next to my car, talking on my phone. That made me a hoon Rolling Eyes

I am sick of this subject, I don't think we can do shit.
Live and let live.

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/feedback/feedback_form.a sp
where to put your feedback.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 09:03]

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My Stolen SX Hatch - if u see it, please call the police
Next Topic:what toyota is this?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:45:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010235071182251 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.