Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SeptemberSquallIndustries
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance Mon, 16 August 2004 16:18 Go to next message
http://www.caraudioaustralia.com/forums/viewtopic. php?t=32610
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance Tue, 17 August 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great idea.
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance Tue, 17 August 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Front page wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 17:36

We have 6684 registered user(s).

Yes, 6684 registered members, only (example) 3000 of whom have posted, only 1500 of whom have posted more than a dozen times, and 95% of the remainder are posting in the Outhouse about wanking 20 times a week and posting only 'Pics please to timewasting_tosser@im_really.notinterested.toss' to every AE86 related thread in the For Sale forums, etc. etc. etc.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance Tue, 17 August 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SeptemberSquallIndustries wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 18:31

Front page wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 17:36

We have 6684 registered user(s).

Yes, 6684 registered members, only (example) 3000 of whom have posted, only 1500 of whom have posted more than a dozen times, and 95% of the remainder are posting in the Outhouse about wanking 20 times a week and posting only 'Pics please to timewasting_tosser@im_really.notinterested.toss' to every AE86 related thread in the For Sale forums, etc. etc. etc.

exactly.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance Tue, 17 August 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love this thread so far. I personally love the outhouse, it helps to keep the shit in a place I don't need to look. Notice I said helps.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 August 2004 12:04]

Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance Tue, 17 August 2004 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a suggestion more to maintain a more accurate record of active members really. The cleanup may be able to be governed by a set decision rule and automated by a script executed periodically.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance Wed, 18 August 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe the list of rule could also include not deleting accounts that logon but don't post ... named lurkers should also be considered part of the community/forum.
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance Wed, 18 August 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree. This is a part of the CAA script.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance Sun, 17 April 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed - trim the deadwood no posts or less than 10 users!

free up the forum again!
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance Sun, 17 April 2005 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
send a confirmation email to all users, give a month or two to confirm status, purge all who havent replied...

Eldar.O.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance Mon, 18 April 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By removing a user, you remove the name beside every post they made.

Now what if you are searching through some posts, and you see a bit of tech advice or see something and you wonder how its done, and you go to see who posted it and all it says is 'Unregistered User'

So you have no idea who posted it.

Now if the person who posted it was still registered (albeit they haven't posted/viewed in a few years), then you might be able to get an email address or some form of contact off their profile.
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance Mon, 18 April 2005 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair point. I wonder how many users have a post count of zero?
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance Mon, 18 April 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just answered my own question.

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance Mon, 18 April 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
September_Squall wrote on Tue, 19 April 2005 01:46

Just answered my own question.

I'd rather have 2504 people who join and lurk, just reading, rather than 2504 extra retards who post random rubbish.

I really don't see the point in removing people who don't post from the forum. If anyone has a good reason to do it feel free to explain the reasoning.
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Suggestion Box: Forum Member Maintenance Mon, 18 April 2005 23:28 Go to previous message
SeptemberSquallIndustries wrote on Tue, 17 August 2004 23:43

Just a suggestion more to maintain a more accurate record of active members really.

Not really concerned at all; actually just first posted as a discussion/consideration piece after observing the referenced CAA post.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toymods White Stickers in Stock!!!
Next Topic:Change Of Car
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 09:39:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046391487121582 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.