Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » TRD 4A-GE Camshafts SOLD

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toymax
Regular

May 2004
TRD 4A-GE Camshafts SOLD Mon, 18 April 2005 23:11 Go to next message
Genuine TRD 4A-GE camshafts for sale. 272 duration, 7.5mm lift. Hardly used, in excellent condition. TRD will charge $600 each for them, you can have them for $800 the pair. Price includes delivery in Sydney/NSW only, extra for interstate.

SOLD NOW THANKS

[Updated on: Thu, 28 April 2005 04:02]

Send a private message to this user    
nos4ag
Regular

November 2002
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Wed, 20 April 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have photos and a serial/part number for them?
Toymax
Regular

May 2004
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Wed, 20 April 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, photos... And I just wrapped them in cling wrap too. Yeah, I'll be able to take a couple of pics on the weekend for you - PM me with an email address and I'll send them to you.

As for the serial numbers:

Exhaust is 13501-AE871 (with markings 901 1 8903)
Inlet is 13502-AE871 (with markings 881 2 8801)
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Wed, 20 April 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would these cams be for a 16V 4age?

Eddie.
Toymax
Regular

May 2004
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Thu, 21 April 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, 16V. They were in a big port head.
da_snuff
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Fri, 22 April 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats kinda tempting... were you using the standard comp or aftermarket one?? think 272 is a bit big for my standard ecu... Crying or Very Sad
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Fri, 22 April 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent.
Toymax
Regular

May 2004
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Sat, 23 April 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was using an Autronic ECU (excellent Very Happy ) and had the TVIS removed.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Sat, 23 April 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toymax wrote on Sat, 23 April 2005 11:37

I was using an Autronic ECU (excellent Very Happy ) and had the TVIS removed.

Sorry for the interuption but how was low rpm power and torque with biggish size cams and no tvis.

I assume it was reasonable but im betting it was bad compaired to standard, but much better up higher in the rpm.

Cheers

Steve
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Sat, 23 April 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another pm sent.
Toymax
Regular

May 2004
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Sat, 23 April 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All is relative with power & torque...

The torque curve for the TRD cams was at all times above that of the standard ones, but it was a MUCH flatter curve, so the torque was pretty much constant throughout the rev range.

As for the power...Roughly 40HP more, and the peak was moved from 6300rpm to 7500rpm. Adjustable cam timing gave it a bit more horsepower (only a bit) and moved the peak closer to 8000rpm.

It was in a race car, so that high end power was what we were after...
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Sat, 23 April 2005 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would 272 be too big for stock ecu ? Confused i am interested, but means ill probably have to go aftermarket, did the setup u have, have cam gears ?
Toymax
Regular

May 2004
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Sat, 23 April 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I can't answer the stock ECU question - I've only ever had the aftermarket one. Maybe someone else can help?

As for the gears - I was using adjustable gears (sorry, not for sale), and the camshafts themselves actually have three holes (instead of only one) for the locating pin, so that part is adjustable too.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Sat, 23 April 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J-AE86 wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 03:16

would 272 be too big for stock ecu ? Confused i am interested, but means ill probably have to go aftermarket, did the setup u have, have cam gears ?

I remember reading that 264 degree is the max duration the stock ecu can handle. I'm pretty sure it was from a post by SLY16V if you want to chase it up.

Eddie.
Toymax
Regular

May 2004
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Sun, 24 April 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But I digress...

These camshafts are still for sale people.
rxbenny
Regular

November 2004
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Wed, 27 April 2005 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent
AE82neo
Regular

June 2002
Re: TRD 4A-GE Camshafts For Sale Wed, 27 April 2005 23:00 Go to previous message
From Bill's site

"A pair of 256° cams and the mods mentioned in the 140hp - 150hp paragraph will get you around 150hp if everything else is right, but to get much more you'll certainly need bigger cams, around the 264° mark. This size cam is the upper limit of the cam duration that you can use with the factory computer, as they need a decent inlet manifold vacuum to sense to work properly."
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ae86 Tailshaft
Next Topic:4x 440cc 3sgte injectors and fuel rail
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 05:58:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070290565490723 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.