Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

1gtte clutch prices Mon, 18 April 2005 03:22 Go to next message
Hi all,

I'm in need of a new clutch for my 1ggte in my RA28. I have priced an exeedy heavy duty for $475 which I thought was a little high (Factor in postage to Toowoomba most likely from Brisbane). Just wondering what sort of price I should be looking around? or anywhere I can ring and try?
  Send a private message to this user    
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Mon, 18 April 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For the whole assembly?

Try ACS for clutches....
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Mon, 18 April 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I might aswell get the whole kit. Where are they at and you got a number? Somewhere in QLD would be better but if the price was good enough i'd go elswhere.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Mon, 18 April 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$470 was on the money for what I got.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Mon, 18 April 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I paid something around the $200-$300 mark for a heavy duty pressure plate + organic exedy clutch plate...
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Mon, 18 April 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$475ish for 5 ceramic/brass puck sprung center with 90% extra clamp force
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Mon, 18 April 2005 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just go my new clutch from Nicks Clutch Services at Archerfield (Brisbane) for 200$ that included a modified pressure plate (about 40% extra clamping force) and a brand new clutch plate (out of a 3.8ltr turbo diesel hilux)...

give him a call... they know their stuff.

3277 9403

[Updated on: Mon, 18 April 2005 22:52]

willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Mon, 18 April 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KiRK - I gave that guy a ring and he says for the 9.5" clutch (gen III 1g-gte) he uses a modded prado clutch and thats about 350+tax or 485+tax for a modded one, you sure that one you have will fit a 1g-gte gen III?

EMP-2TG / HyDrA - you guys got some contat details for those places? I'm only after a heavy duty organic, buttons are no good to my daily driven car Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 18 April 2005 23:35]

Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Tue, 19 April 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$470 is way to pricey for an HD organic item
1ggte89
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Tue, 19 April 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just paid $450 for a daiken HD clutch kit yesterday.. its going in 2day Razz btw mines a 89 ga70 supra so ur paying the right price i think

for a 86-88 i was quoted around 250 but a gen 3 1ggte i couldnt get lower then 450 Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 00:38]

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Tue, 19 April 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.xtremeclutch.com.au

Adelaide company, very good with clutches!
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Tue, 19 April 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did I say I had a HD organic clutch? Why no, I don't believe I did.
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Tue, 19 April 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA mate, they were about $460 for a heavy duty organic, you got friends there or something?

where are you guys getting your clutches so cheap? Come on, hook me up Very Happy (looks at stradlater)
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Tue, 19 April 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I got mine from Northern Brake and Clutch, But it's in Melbourne, so the freight cost might add up to something that's not worth while for you? Check yellow pages for their number to ring them if you like.
it's a Daikin clutch that I got, they stock all the daikin stuff.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Tue, 19 April 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my housemate works there. Razz
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Tue, 19 April 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hydra mate hook me up, please Very Happy just get a price for me or a name of the guy to talk to or something.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Tue, 19 April 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should really start playing with 1GGTE's again - a steel flywheel and suitable clutch for my 351 V8 comes in at $1700 - needless to say, I'm still looking around?!
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Tue, 19 April 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm positive it will fit... the HD Daiken clutch is sitting right next to my old one and it marries to the engine just fine.

We dropped of the pressure plate and old clutch and got the brand spanking new gear back along with a freshly machined pressure plate...

Maybe he didn't like you Confused

Cheers,
Kirk

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 04:34]

willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Wed, 20 April 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you sure it's for a gen III 1g-gte? You sure it's off a 3.8ltr turbo diesel hilux? The guy I spoke to wasn't sure they made a 3.8ltr turbo lux and hes not sure a 2.8 turbo one would fit. You got the name of the guy you were talking to?
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Wed, 20 April 2005 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been corrected... it was a 3.0 ltr turbo diesel ... and the other part is... my old man got it for me trade Rolling Eyes (I only found that out after I rang Nick's)

[Updated on: Wed, 20 April 2005 21:45]

willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Wed, 20 April 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah. Any chance your old man could get me one at trade too Very Happy . Not alot of dosh spare at the mo for a new clutch that I really do need.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Thu, 21 April 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make that two of us......also need clutch for 1G gen3
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Thu, 21 April 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh guys, there is some agricultural clutch that fits I think, and only costs around $30-$50? I'd have to ask around however. I have one of them in my car and it works well, along with an xtreme clutch pressure plate... extra heavy I think.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Thu, 21 April 2005 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hydra keep me in the know pls
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Thu, 21 April 2005 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm I dunno, I can ask him if he's be willing to get me a few, but it's not something he'll usually be able to do Razz

I'll ask him when I see him next.
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Wed, 27 April 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KiRK / HyDrA - any chance of a cheap clutch from one of you guys? Mines getting worse, either the Daiken one or the Hilux one. I have 2 lots of rego and this clutch I have to get, and a wedding / honeymoon in november plus trying to find a place to live. Need to save all the money I can at the mo
RG65
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Wed, 27 April 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am getting mine rebuilt at daikin in the next couple of months. if you can wait that long we have an account there.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Wed, 27 April 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need one for my 1ggte as well, love to know what u come up with Smile, you could always ask for a discount if you get 2 Smile.
RG65
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Thu, 28 April 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gave them a ring yesterday and for a heavy duty (700kg dont no what pounds that is) we are looking at about $390. i told them that i wanted it for about 200rwhp and they said this would do fine. if you want me to get one let me no.
680OST
Regular

August 2004
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Thu, 28 April 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll see what I can hook you up with one for, it will be from NPC like Kirk said, and I'm in toowoomba a fair bit so I could probably pick it up and drop it to you for $10 or something, its not too far out of my way. I'll get a price on a heavy duty organic one for ya. Give me a call on 0410 730 598 or msg me so I can call you back when I find out.

Cheers.............6BOOST
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1gtte clutch prices Wed, 01 June 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey anyone else need a clutch. I can get one at a good price but I need to buy two of them so I need someone to buy the other one. PM me if you are serious about it. It's for a HD organic.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Wed, 01 June 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drift your car and get sponsored a 5 puck extreme clutch with 1000kg pressure plate for $250 Smile

its that simple Very Happy

http://www.xtremeclutch.com.au/gallery_drift_matt. htm
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Wed, 01 June 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have always used
Direct Clutch services
Dennis Turnbull
3862 2680
Brisbane.
I have had mine for 4 years and has never slipped.
Ron
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 1gtte clutch prices Wed, 01 June 2005 09:08 Go to previous message
Delete please.
Sorry

[Updated on: Wed, 01 June 2005 09:09]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MR2 Water Pump