Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » camry V6 manual box (E153 i think) into a st162?? HELP!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
camry V6 manual box (E153 i think) into a st162?? HELP!! Tue, 19 April 2005 13:35
Ok i just lost 2nd and 4th and reverse and the box had been not likeing most getting into most gears and reverse was just a POS and grinding!!!

and so yeha she just lost them all of a sudden when i took it out of 4th into 5th then had to go back into 4th...this in the s53 celica 3s-ge box...mated to a st185 3s-gte...hehehe..

Any ways i've been told the cmary V6 box manual E153 is a fair bit stronger a than the 's' serise shit...and blots stright up to teh 3s-gte block....i remember reading off the sv21 camry boys with the 3s-gte conversion and using this box that the passenger side mount (under the stock air box location) need to be a gt-4 one or what not 4 bolts not the 3 bolt of the s serise and that!

i want to know that will the other mounts bolt stright up too???... i'm using this info cause the engine mount and shit of sv21 is identical to the st162...

any other help/info is greatly appreciated!!!

will the selctor cables bolt up or do i use gt-4 ones (the bit that they sit on the box on the gt-4 is thiner (where the clip goes) and about the electronic speedo and my cable driven one...been told the electric sender unsrews and u unblot something else on top of it and swap them over form the old box or something (same as the st165 to st185 box swap!

cheers people

Nezza Cool
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA61 Diff Swap?
Next Topic:T18 diff into a sprinter wow
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:21:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036931037902832 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.