Toymods » General Car Talk » DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
icon11.gif  DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Tue, 19 April 2005 21:14 Go to next message
From the RTA of NSW website:

Double demerit points will be in force for all speeding, seatbelt and helmet offences for four days from Friday 22 to Monday 25 April inclusive. Other demerit point offences will attract one additional point.

"http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au"

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 21:17]

Send a private message to this user    
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Tue, 19 April 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about SA?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Tue, 19 April 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stupid NSW government...
Anzac day is a day we remember those Australians whose lives were lost or destroyed by the government... now they plan to do the same to thousands of motorists.

NSW also has the stupid 3 points for under 15 over offences... so theoretically you could lose half your license for doing 3kms over the limit!
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Wed, 20 April 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and WA as well.. (as usual)
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Wed, 20 April 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's what REALLY shits me.

if you lose concerntration on the M4, get flashed by the speed camera for 5kms over, you lose HALF your licence.

How is that fair compared to someone who loses control being a dick and wraps their car around a tree copping the same penalty?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Wed, 20 April 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 11:08

that's what REALLY shits me.

if you lose concerntration on the M4, get flashed by the speed camera for 5kms over, you lose HALF your licence.

How is that fair compared to someone who loses control being a dick and wraps their car around a tree copping the same penalty?

Thats the stupid thing... a person who does something stupid (i.e. neg driving) and crashes into someone would only get 3 points + 1 point during double demerit weekends whereas a person busted for 5km over would get 6 demerit points!
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Wed, 20 April 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep......thanx to that really inteligent law of 3 points for over but not by more than 15km' I lost my license.....was doing nothing irisponsible, just rolling down a hill in neutral cos I was almost out of petrol and didnt want to run out before reaching the servo.....(the ticket I got was for 8kms over)
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Wed, 20 April 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5kmh over and half your license!?? Shocked Mad
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Wed, 20 April 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats why ill be taking the left lane all the way to work, nice and slow

too easy to speed in the right hand lane...

86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Wed, 20 April 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get together and show how stupid the current laws are! Very Happy

http://www.roadlegaloz.com.au/phpbb/index.php
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Wed, 20 April 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
despite the fact that they advertise how many people get caught they never say how much they make in any double demerits w/e, i'd be curious to see just how much they aren't putting into fixing up the roads which are an absolute joke
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Wed, 20 April 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only reason why all these is done is to present the propaganda that we have a speeding problem in australia, this will just get more and more people killed! because they're shifting our focus away from the real problem!

[Updated on: Wed, 20 April 2005 07:36]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Wed, 20 April 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRFT - 86 wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 12:52

yep......thanx to that really inteligent law of 3 points for over but not by more than 15km' I lost my license.....was doing nothing irisponsible, just rolling down a hill in neutral cos I was almost out of petrol and didnt want to run out before reaching the servo.....(the ticket I got was for 8kms over)

Someone posted up a copy of the police handbook for radars a while ago... it said that you can't use a radar in an area where a vehicle would accelerate downhill in top gear or in area's where it could be thought of as revenue raising. (e.g. from a 100 zone down to a 60 zone or similar)
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Wed, 20 April 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 14:10

5kmh over and half your license!?? Shocked Mad

Technically they could do you for 3km over.
They have to remove 2km/h due to the accuracy of the radar (i.e. +/- 2km/h)
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Wed, 20 April 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And yes they could probably do you for 60.5km/h in a 60 zone if they wanted to.
I know someone who got busted for being 0.05BAC... funny thing is it was the coastgaurd who busted him and he was in a 5hp dinghy.
Not like you're going to do much damage in a dinghy that does maybe 10knots tops!
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Wed, 20 April 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 18:12

DRFT - 86 wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 12:52

Someone posted up a copy of the police handbook for radars a while ago... it said that you can't use a radar in an area where a vehicle would accelerate downhill in top gear or in area's where it could be thought of as revenue raising. (e.g. from a 100 zone down to a 60 zone or similar)

where's this handbook? Very Happy
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Wed, 20 April 2005 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

thats kinda how a mate got done for speeding, he was coming up to a 80 zone from a 60 zone and like most people starts accelerating up to 80 just before the 80 sign but there was a cop with a radar standing in a pitch black area to the side of the road about 15-20 metres before the 80 sign. there was another cop up the road waving the people that they caught to the side of the road to book them.
in the short time that my mate was sitting there waitin to get his fine (about 20min) they got at least 6 other people.

would that be in the hand book?

cheers
chris

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Wed, 20 April 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the handbook was for radar - which is most commonly used in vehicles in nsw. Lidar is most commonly used by the cops at the side of the road
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Thu, 21 April 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where can we find out more about radar and lidar? Razz
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Thu, 21 April 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Take anything sketchy like that to court.
So long as your honest most judges will realise you weren't out hooning and that the cops were just out revenue raising.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Thu, 21 April 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toobs - couldn't agree more. the problem is cops know most people are too scared/lazy to take anything to court, we just pay the fine and move on. It's amazing how nice the magistrates usually are to the defendant (me). The cops wanted an extention on their case because the senior attending officer was off on maternity leave. The magistrate basically told them bad luck, have their case ready by the next court appearance.
*then* the police prosecutor saw the evidence, knew he couldn't win the case, and dropped the charges.
just remember when you choose to contest it, select "not guilty" and just send the form in. I made the mistake of thinking I had to attend court, which meant waiting 40 minutes to be called, and saying "not guilty" into a microphone, and writing down the ajournemnt date.
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Thu, 21 April 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wouldnt the rules for radar and lidar be the same or pretty close to having the same rules?

it mostly was revenue raising but they got a few dickheads too, i beleave someone got done 45 over the limit 105 in 60 zone even though they would have been in the 80 zone by the time they got waved over

cheers
chris
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Thu, 21 April 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am so glad i have a qld license now, its so much better. owning modifoed car is better too... kinda Razz
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Thu, 21 April 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

here's the radar handbook...

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?sh owtopic=683

DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Thu, 21 April 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was a while ago when that happened and I have served that license suspension already,

but I bet they could argue that radar law in my case as the the hill decended like this:

{I did a diagram but it didnt turn out}

but yeh....it went down then flat for a bit then down again.

(and I was on the flat/less steap part in the middle)

Got done by a undercover going the opposite direction and he highbeamed me. {I should have taken the next turn and bailed - took em ages to turn around, I would have got away}

anywayz, I will drive more cautious now with teloscopic bacon vision at all times.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 April 2005 05:43]

86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Thu, 21 April 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is getting funny, all attention of the drivers are now diverted to the speedometer and looking to see if there's police around the places... Very Happy
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Thu, 21 April 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yay, just the weekend i decide to pull my car off the road to do more mods Very Happy no (more) lost points for me http://forums.toymods.org.au/images/message_icons/icon14.gif
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Thu, 21 April 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are focusing on Pacific highway
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Thu, 21 April 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so over it (the double demerit scheme and new license penalties)

I am going to drive 30 all weekend.

if they road toll lowers, it will be thanks to a regime of fear.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Thu, 21 April 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuckity fuck fuck... there goes my chances of making alot of money as a pizza boy.
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Tue, 03 May 2005 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 19:18

so over it (the double demerit scheme and new license penalties)

I am going to drive 30 all weekend.

if you drive 3km/h over, you will get booked for half ur license and to effectively combat that, you will have to drive at least 5-10km/h below the limit (you know how easy it is to go over the limit by 5-10km/h while going down hill or while being heavy footed) so we should ALL get together and drive 45-50km/h in peak hours in a main 60km/h posted main road/highway in peak hours! Wink check out http://www.roadlegaloz.com.au/phpbb/viewtopic.php? t=3&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15 how's that for the next toyota morning cruise??? Very Happy
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: DOUBLE DEMERIT POINTS IN NSW THIS WEEKEND Tue, 03 May 2005 17:02 Go to previous message
RobST162 wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 19:18

the road toll won't lower, as it will just move speeding to the suburban streets, and force people to take more chances at give way signs and traffic lights driving in front of other vehicles because they're running late etc.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ke10 on ebay
Next Topic:Anyone in SA do vynals or graphics for vehicles?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 21:11:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062179565429688 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.