Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Motorkhana Tue, 19 April 2005 05:44 Go to next message
Hey
Can anyone tell me anything bout Motorkhanas i.e. how to get into them? Do you have to be a certain age? Belong to a club? Any info appreciated. And I was reading in a magazine about "Time Attack" in Japan and was wondering what it was.
Thanks
Troy
  Send a private message to this user    
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Motorkhana Tue, 19 April 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.cams.com.au/Content.asp?PageID=GettingS tarted

Very Happy

basic rundown...

- cant remeber the exact min age but i think its 15 or 16
- have to be part of a cams affliated club, find one here http://www.cams.com.au/content.asp?PageID=Clubs
- need a cams licence, only need a L2NS (level 2 non-speed) for motorkanas
- car need to pass scrutineering, but not much is needed for motorkanas

cheers
ehendrikd

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 06:54]

boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Motorkhana Tue, 19 April 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks so much man! I really appreciate that!
THanks
Troy
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Motorkhana Tue, 19 April 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
age 14
scrutenering u need a tail shaft strap fire extinguisher batery cover and strap a sturdey seat that doeznt wobble and seat belts brakes must b good they check ya stearing to make sure ur wheels dont fall off umm i think thats about it
ps thats my motorkhana / khanacross car in the avatar

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 10:55]

boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Motorkhana Tue, 19 April 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet. So should you use a crappy car or a good one? Do they have bitumen/tarmac motorkhanas? I'd love to get my KE55 in there! Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
Thanks
Troy
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Motorkhana Tue, 19 April 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it depends mines got a welded diff so i cant get it regoed it only cost 350 but there are people in my club that drive their road car and yes their are bitumen ones i havnt competed in 1 because im in an off road car club but i would recomend haveing an old dinged up car coz if u brake it u dont have to try and drive it home u can just chuck it on the trailer and fix it the next day
Redwarf
Regular

February 2005
Re: Motorkhana Tue, 19 April 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
12 is the minimum age. (Page 13.2, item 10.8, 2004 CAMS Manual.)

A tailshaft loop is not required per the CAMS manual, but Supplimentry Regulations may require them on an unregistered vehicle, but usually don't.

Generally, if your car made it there under it's own power, it should pass scrut. (Within reason.)

If you have a KE55, and you're in Melbourne, get in contact with the Toyota Car Club down there. They hold a heap of motorkhana's and khanacross'. They usually hold their's on gravel, but rounds of the state series are held on bitumen.

Crappy car or good? Just take whatever you own. It's very unlikely to break doing a motorkhana, but if it does, some kind soul will help you out. Motorsport people are like that.

Most of all, have fun doing it. I started doing them 14 odd years ago, and still do the odd one to keep my hand in. For $25 it's the most fun you'll have sitting down.

Cheers

R

P.S: KE30King, your punctuation keys seem to be broken....,,,???!!!

boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Motorkhana Tue, 19 April 2005 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Redwarf wrote on Tue, 19 April 2005 22:12

12 is the minimum age. (Page 13.2, item 10.8, 2004 CAMS Manual.)

If you have a KE55, and you're in Melbourne, get in contact with the Toyota Car Club down there. They hold a heap of motorkhana's and khanacross'. They usually hold their's on gravel, but rounds of the state series are held on bitumen.

Crappy car or good? Just take whatever you own. It's very unlikely to break doing a motorkhana, but if it does, some kind soul will help you out. Motorsport people are like that.

P.S: KE30King, your punctuation keys seem to be broken....,,,???!!!

Hey
well I turn 15 tomorrow so this sounds like a good thing. My KE55 is my good/project car. See the problem is I'm in The real eastern suburbs and its in Frankston which is quite a while away. So yeah, looking through the list of clubs the only one thats suitable is this one-
http://www.cams.com.au/content.asp?PageID=Clubs&am p;ObjectID=6713914
But is that even what I'm after?
Thanks
Troy
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Motorkhana Tue, 19 April 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only one way to find out! get in contact with them and see if they hold events that you want to race. all car clubs ive dealt with ppl are more than happy to help you out.
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Motorkhana Wed, 20 April 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet as! I'll givethem a call
thanks
Troy
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Motorkhana Wed, 20 April 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it depends i use a crappy un rego'ed car but other people use their street cars but usualy a motorkhana club will do khanacross as well and u dont use a road car in that coz their is more trees and tyres around that u can hit so yeahits betta off getting an old cheep bomb that u can give a thrashing and it dont matta coz u dont have to drive it home
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Motorkhana Wed, 20 April 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it depends i use a crappy un rego'ed car but other people use their street cars but usualy a motorkhana club will do khanacross as well and u dont use a road car in that coz their is more trees and tyres around that u can hit so yeahits betta off getting an old cheep bomb that u can give a thrashing and it dont matta coz u dont have to drive it home
Redwarf
Regular

February 2005
Re: Motorkhana Wed, 20 April 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh, I disagree. I used to drive to and from events for years. Motorkhanas, khanacross, hillclimbs, whatever. If you rego it it means you don't have to worry about a tow car, trailer, tie downs, etc. I will however always tow to a rally.

The secret to trees and tyres is you don't hit them. If you do hit them, you're doing something wrong.

Boofis, you're young. Rego it and play with it. Do the work yourself and learn about both mechanics and good car control. Hands on is the best way to get educated.

As I said earlier, if something breaks, someone will still get you home.

Cheers

R

ke30king, punctuation is your friend. It makes posts a lot easier to read.
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Motorkhana Wed, 20 April 2005 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Redwarf wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 22:40

Boofis, you're young. Rego it and play with it. Do the work yourself and learn about both mechanics and good car control. Hands on is the best way to get educated.

Cheers

R

ke30king, punctuation is your friend. It makes posts a lot easier to read.

Hey dude
Yeah tis what I'm doing! Smile Thanks for the reassurance! Very Happy lol! Its a great experience and learning curve considering I didn't know what a piston was 5 weeks ago! LOL! Still searching for clubs Crying or Very Sad lol! Thanks to all!
Thanks
Troy
P.S. My punctuation = ! at end of most sentences hahaha.
Redwarf
Regular

February 2005
Re: Motorkhana Thu, 21 April 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seriously, give Toyota Car Club a call.
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: Motorkhana Thu, 21 April 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Troy, good to hear your willing to give motorsport a go, its a very enjoyable sport to be involved in.

Another car club to look into joining would be the pakenham auto club, we arent to far away from frankston and we have motorkhanas organised once every month or so.
Unfortunately VicRoads have taken over our land due to the pakenham bypass. We are in the middle of major negotiations with the local council to provide us with another site.

If you have any further questions about any of this stuff just ask

cheers
Shtock

boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Motorkhana Fri, 22 April 2005 22:58 Go to previous message
StockAE86 wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 23:53

Hey Troy, good to hear your willing to give motorsport a go, its a very enjoyable sport to be involved in.

Another car club to look into joining would be the pakenham auto club, we arent to far away from frankston and we have motorkhanas organised once every month or so.
Unfortunately VicRoads have taken over our land due to the pakenham bypass. We are in the middle of major negotiations with the local council to provide us with another site.

If you have any further questions about any of this stuff just ask

cheers
Shtock

Pakenham Crying or Very Sad Thats ages away from where I am! Oh that sucks hope you find better land! lol!
Thanks
Troy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cheap tuner in ACT?
Next Topic:Modifying 7MGTE Internals
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:34:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006181001663208 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.