Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

6m-ge performance bits Tue, 19 April 2005 10:16 Go to next message
Anyone know if any mildly exciting 6m-ge camshafts exist in australia? and / or specs? also does anyone have pics of acl replacement 5m-ge pistons? ( ie are they the same as 6m-ge ones? )
  Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 6m-ge performance bits Tue, 19 April 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could you get someone like ivan tighe <http://www.tighecams.com.au/> to grind custom cams?

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 6m-ge performance bits Tue, 19 April 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i gave ed a scan of a 6mge cam grind that was a copy of a HKS cam

EDIT:

http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/loats/technical/7mge/images/camshafts/6mcamspecsIN.jpg

http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/loats/technical/7mge/images/camshafts/6mcamspecsEX.jpg

Copies of HKS camshafts from a guy in the states.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 10:29]

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 6m-ge performance bits Tue, 19 April 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks... see what happens if i end up mucking around with this engine
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: 6m-ge performance bits Tue, 19 April 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan,

You need to finish your 5M-E hybrid first Razz

Cheers.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 6m-ge performance bits Tue, 19 April 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZZT231 wrote on Tue, 19 April 2005 21:45

Allan,

You need to finish your 5M-E hybrid first Razz

Cheers.

not if this 6m works out better value Razz
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 6m-ge performance bits Tue, 19 April 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan,

If your actually serious about the 6M-GE project and going to shell out some $$$ the speak to Graham Wilkins from Wilkins Performance Engines in Seven Hills. He used to build the Racing 5M-GE engines for one the the MA61 Supra racing teams, Can't remember which one.

Rod

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 6m-ge performance bits Tue, 19 April 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah im not going to shell out major $$$ i have a mate at a mechine shop that spins stuff up for me for a pack of smokes and bottle of coke so stuff like adjustable cam gears etc are on the cards!

maybe stretch it get some cams ground up somewhere but other then that it will be budget performance Razz unless i get some fantastic job! so i wont go tire kicking Graham Wilkins just yet Smile thanks for the tip tho master Rod (never did see your 5m-ge on the dyno Razz ) apparently 5m-ge's in race trim pushed out ~300hp!!!

~200hp in an ma45 should be fun

still looking for confirmation 5m-ge pistions available from acl are the same as 6m-ge ones (dont want any less then 9.2:1CR )
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 6m-ge performance bits Tue, 19 April 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are two versions of 5M-GE pistons, one is the same as the 6M-GE the other is a little different. Can't remember which is which, but check on the CelicaSupra forums, it's a frequent topic of discussion so you'll find the answer somewhere.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 6m-ge performance bits Tue, 19 April 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All Aus 5MGE's are the same as the 6MGE (bar the crank, rods, pistons etc)

I'm 90% sure the MX73 Cressida was the only Aus delivered car to have the 5MGE (Supras, Crowns, Soarers were all imports or 5ME's)

There are many ways of telling early 5mge and late 5mge apart, and I've typed it at least a dozen times on this forum, so if you want to know, you know how to find it.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 6m-ge performance bits Wed, 20 April 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 00:31

There are two versions of 5M-GE pistons, one is the same as the 6M-GE the other is a little different. Can't remember which is which, but check on the CelicaSupra forums, it's a frequent topic of discussion so you'll find the answer somewhere.

CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 00:42

There are many ways of telling early 5mge and late 5mge apart, and I've typed it at least a dozen times on this forum, so if you want to know, you know how to find it.

i know theres differences im looking for someone that has got replacement pistons from ACL to tell me what ones ACL have, im guessing that the 6m-ge 9.2:1 piston is the same as lower 8.8:1 compression 5m-ge ones? (some 9.2:1 5m-ge ones could be fun Very Happy)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 6m-ge performance bits Wed, 20 April 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be using the 9.2 5MGE pistons.

Should get about 9.8:1 in the 6MGE.

But yes, the 8.8 5MGE pistons are the same as the 9.2 6MGE pistons.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 6m-ge performance bits Wed, 20 April 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 00:12

I'm 90% sure the MX73 Cressida was the only Aus delivered car to have the 5MGE (Supras, Crowns, Soarers were all imports or 5ME's)

MS123 Crowns had the 5M-GE as well didn't it ?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 6m-ge performance bits Wed, 20 April 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've never been sure as to which crowns are imports, and which crowns are aus delivered.
And which ones have had conversions, and which ones are stock.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 6m-ge performance bits Wed, 20 April 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 11:44

I'd be using the 9.2 5MGE pistons.

Should get about 9.8:1 in the 6MGE.

thats the whole idea Smile
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 6m-ge performance bits Wed, 20 April 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The series 2 MS123 Crown (1987) was sold local and had the 5M-GE as factory fitment Smile. Its the series 2 digital 5M-GE.

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 6m-ge performance bits Thu, 21 April 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman75 wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 22:58

The series 2 MS123 Crown (1987) was sold local and had the 5M-GE as factory fitment Smile. Its the series 2 digital 5M-GE.

and what compression ratio is it??? Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 6m-ge performance bits Thu, 21 April 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Series 2 digital 5MGE is just a fancy way of saying later model 5MGE.

ie, 9.2:1
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 6m-ge performance bits Thu, 21 April 2005 00:43 Go to previous message
ok rod all your pistons belong to me!!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Leaf to Coil Conversion????????
Next Topic:removing rear swaybar ae112
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 23:24:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046899318695068 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.