Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » where to get exhaust noise properly tested at?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

where to get exhaust noise properly tested at? Thu, 21 April 2005 01:45 Go to next message
well, after wasting $60 on an exhaust noise test that was essentially completely useless I'd like to know where other people get theirs done at. close to epping/ryde/hills district would be a good thing, but I'm willing to travel a bit to get someone who knows what they're doing. (for example, what DB the car needs to have to be legal would be a REALLY good start Mad )
  Send a private message to this user    
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: where to get exhaust noise properly tested at? Thu, 21 April 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 11:45

well, after wasting $60 on an exhaust noise test that was essentially completely useless I'd like to know where other people get theirs done at. close to epping/ryde/hills district would be a good thing, but I'm willing to travel a bit to get someone who knows what they're doing. (for example, what DB the car needs to have to be legal would be a REALLY good start Mad )

There are two levels depending on the year of you car. If it was pre 1983 (i think it is that year) then the level is 95dB
post 83 is 91dB

I am not 100% sure that those figures are correct but they are very close to that. I will try and find the site I got them from...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: where to get exhaust noise properly tested at? Thu, 21 April 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know what the figures are (post '82 is 90db), but the place I took it to didn't, and just revved it till it hit 93db and typed me a form saying it passed (rather than filling out a normal one, using external tacho, etc). someone who is friendly would also be good.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: where to get exhaust noise properly tested at? Thu, 21 April 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 11:55

I know what the figures are (post '82 is 90db), but the place I took it to didn't, and just revved it till it hit 93db and typed me a form saying it passed (rather than filling out a normal one, using external tacho, etc). someone who is friendly would also be good.

well my figures are way wrong. But i did find the page. Motorbikes can be 94.

Here is a link for anyone else interested
http://www.epa.nsw.gov.au/noise/vehiclenoise.htm
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: where to get exhaust noise properly tested at? Thu, 21 April 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my engineer did mine when i was getting it complianced. measured the distances and everything before doing it. checked calibration before and after testing.

didnt use an external tach but used the internal factory tach, which is noted on his test report.

pm me is you want his contact but he is located in Wyong. so central coast might be a bit far for you...
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: where to get exhaust noise properly tested at? Thu, 21 April 2005 04:04 Go to previous message
benj dont start talking about motorcycles, there is never going to be a definate answer, just read some of the parliamentary 'debates' on it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Number Plates PLEASE HELP
Next Topic:http://ww9.tiki.ne.jp/~susu/te71sc.htm
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 19:48:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063750743865967 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.