Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
lsd for RA celica Wed, 20 April 2005 15:43 Go to next message
hey guys,

i know a guy who has got a disc to disc rear end for sale from one of those imported RA celica/supras and he says that it should bolt into a sprinter.

only difference is that they have slightly wider track and the diff is different.

i was wondering if there are lsd's available for these rears.

the difference between the diffs is that this one has 26 splines and the shaft diameter is about 28mm. This is a good thing because that means that they would be stronger than a ae86 one because ae86 one has 24 or so splines (i think).

basically, im wondering if it would be worth getting this instead of a t-18 rear? because i know we can get lsd's for t18 from wei.

are aftermarket lsd's easy or hard to find for these RA diffs?
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lsd for RA celica Wed, 20 April 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this MA45 diff wont bolt in to your sprinter you will have to get the suspension and panhard mounts cut and moved or swapped over from your existing diff

this will add to your cost by about $500 - 600

the trouble and cost of putting this ma45 diff in u may as well find a jap spec AE68 diff, or upgrade to a F or G series.

the ma45 diff really is only worth bolting into an RA40 when you weigh up your options

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lsd for RA celica Wed, 20 April 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftae86 - mate probably best to stick to what the rest of us ae86 owners are doing..

put a t18 diff in (maybe ra40? i have one at home have to confirm it fits), st141 disc brakes if you wish.. then you can get a jap spec ae86 lsd centre. all bolts together Smile

Cheers
Joel
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: lsd for RA celica Thu, 21 April 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry but would that bolt into a RA23 ?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lsd for RA celica Thu, 21 April 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It doesn't bolt in, and its also quite a bit wider.. the ra23/8 has a narrower diff than the ra40 and t18.

but the centres are interchangeable.. so you can put a jap spec ae86 lsd centre in the ra28 housing.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: lsd for RA celica Thu, 21 April 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,
Forgive a silly question asked a million times before, but what is the rough price, availability and usual final drive ratio's of a jap spec AE86 lsd centre ?
And am I right (memory) that the number of splines this centre needs differ from the std RA23/28 axle ?
Thanks,
Mitch.
Problematic 1G-GZE in a RA23
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lsd for RA celica Thu, 21 April 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see them vary in price from $500 up to $800 for the centre. Also depends sometimes you can get just the lsd carrier or sometimes its the whole centre with ring, pinion etc.

I think most are 4.3:1 .. But you could use different ring/pinion from another T series centre.

If you get the zenki centre (23 spline) i'm sure thats the same as the ra28/3 axle. The kouki later model ones had 24 splined axles.

Someone please correct me if im wrong there.. (a celica boy playing in the ae86 field) ...
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: lsd for RA celica Thu, 21 April 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate, I feel like I should have know about this ages ago.
Anyway, I think I have some spare RA23 axles in the back of the shed so I might go and count some splines one day soon.
Cheers,
Mitch.
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: lsd for RA celica Thu, 21 April 2005 05:48 Go to previous message
ok guys, thanks for the info.

i think ill just go for a t-18. less hassle, plus i wont have to look for celica parts for my ae86.

cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age short sump
Next Topic:'05 Tacoma 6spd manual transmission.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 13:32:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051259994506836 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.