Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 03:48 Go to next message
So i have gone to pick up lunch from kfc and on the drive home I have pulled out of kfc and driven about 30 metres and I was in 3rd already, got pulled over for originally a license check, then get asked why i was making so much noise(I didnt even hit boost nor go over 2k rpm). I said, I dont beleive I was, if so.. its just the car.

Mr policeman asks me to pop my bonnet and tries to defect me.. He 1st tries to defect me for an ATMO BOV which i dont have(factory plumb back) so that didnt work, next he looks over my engine bay and tries to defect me for Battery not totally secured down, Brake fluid(was on the low line) heater not working(which it does work). Old auto transmission wires which are held up in the back right of the engine bay incase I want to install an auto transmission wires and then finally a brace thats holding up the hood clip(which i replaced the old one with a newer stronger one so I could fit the intercooler, AND its engineered)
I showed the guy my mod plate which was onthe engine bay, he didnt care.
We then had an argument about the heater not working, I offerred him to get in the car and try it.. but he just said "i can see it doesent work"
He kept insisting that I had an atmo bov and external wastegates..
I showed him where it plumbed back, so then he argued I must have done more than change the exhaust from cat back and put an intercooler on...
So he sais he is going to write up the defect notice, sits over there for 5 minutes or more in which a million cars louder than mine go past, 1 got booked and then sped off making a crap load of noise.. and they didnt do anything even though he was basically wreckless right infront of their faces.

After all that time, he comes back and goes.. Your lucky, i cant find my defect book so here I have just written you up a fine for modified silencing device, 45 and 1 point.
I argued with him a bit about the fine and he said to me "if its any louder at all than it came out of mr toyota factory, we can defect you".

This is a load of shit
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you show him the engineers report?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like I said dude, you haven't shown him that your exhaust has been checked to be legal.
So he was in his right to suspect that it wasn't.

Go get the exhaust checked, and if its legal, go contest the fine.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think there are a few things you can do...but that sounds rather stupid....!

Also find out what the legal noise limit in QLD is....I would have thought you'd have to do that with ur mod plate?

1) Lodge an official written complaint against the officer, stating his apparent ignorance.
2) Contest the fine.

EDIT:
3) get a cressida and you'll never be bothered again Razz (note: vague generalisation, which holds true in almost all circumstances Smile)

Cheers
Wilbo

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 04:02]

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you own a car that looks modifyed its your choice to attract those kind of police officers!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
His car doesn't exactly look over the top though, theres no reason for a police officer to be such a prick, especially when you are one of the few who actually have done the right thing.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's why at all times I will carry engineer's report, exhaust noise test, and the RTA document stating the legal noise limit
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img211.echo.cx/img211/2373/goggles.jpg

thats how a cop sees that car, we live in times where performance car's are the devils transport Razz unfortunate but thats how it is
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edited: My bad
Changed tone: I think u have been wrong done and hopefully u can rectify the problem without much inconveniance Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 06:09]

ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Allan,

That's great Laughing Thanks for the insight of the "otherside of the fence" Razz

Cheers.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah.. but its not like i have a big drift king sticker down the side of my car
I cant find my engineers report.. shit.. but I am writing a letter to the cops head officer in order to try and get it abolished
Hopefully its going to work, its over a page and a half of writing haha
My car doesent look low either, cause the sides are sorta high, fair enough it has dark tint, wheels and an intercooler poking out
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lets hope it doesn't sound anything like your last letter.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that last letter was full out abuse of their incompetence, where i hadnt been fined, this one is pointing out their wrong doing
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's no good, but you will probably get the same response I got.

"Thank you for your correspondence, we have reviewed your traffic infringement notice and have decided that you can either pay the fine or take it to court"

That's the way it goes I guess. I'd recommend paying the fine and moving on Confused

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 05:55]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PLEASE REMEMBER PEOPLE: The Police have the internet too.

Dont let this sort of carrying on be a reason for the police to direct attention to these forums and in particular the Toymods Car Club.

I would please request that all comments of such nature be removed and the tone of this thread be changed such that it is more of an informative discussion about the laws surrounding your particular circustances, rather than a "F**K DA POLICE" style thread.

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 15:50

PLEASE REMEMBER PEOPLE: The Police have the internet too.

Dont let this sort of carrying on be a reason for the police to direct attention to these forums and in particular the Toymods Car Club.

I would please request that all comments of such nature be removed and the tone of this thread be changed such that it is more of an informative discussion about the laws surrounding your particular circustances, rather than a "F**K DA POLICE" style thread.

I dont beleive anything I have said is of a bashful nature, other than saying they are incompetent.. which is a fair accusation when you look at some of the stuff which is going on. Fair enough a lot of them are good cops and actually do their job in a reasonable manner. but a lot dont.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The letter
Written by me, and fixed up a lot in punctuation and sarcastic remarks etc by JCMF, Thanks Smile

To the Supervising Officer.

Earlier today I received a fine which I feel was inappropriate and I am writing you to question its validity. The fine in question was “Driving with modified silencing device that reduces the effectiveness” No. A 2197440 3 and was issued by Officer Herburg, Reg #10692 of the station BWDTB.

The incident in question happened as follows. I had just left the car park of the KFC store in Everton Park. I turned right onto Griffiths St and about 30m down the road as I was about to make a right hand turn the police stationed on the corner waved me in.

The officer in question asked to see my license and asked if the car was mine as per usual questioning. He then queried as to why the car was making so much noise. At this point he claimed he could hear my “blow-off valve”. I refuted this on two grounds, firstly that I hadn’t left the car park fast thus not bringing the car onto boost, and secondly as the car does not have a venting blow off valve, just the factory re-circulating air bypass valve.

He then motioned to the front of my car and asked me to open the bonnet which I did. Upon inspection of the engine he then proceeded to point out items on which he was going to defect my car. They are as follows:
- He claimed the car had a venting blow off valve, although as mentioned above, the factory issue air bypass valve is retained.
- He pointed out the fluid level in my clutch master cylinder and claimed it was too low although the level still read above the lower marker.
- He claimed the heater does not work. I offered for him to have a seat in my car to show him it indeed does. At this point, he told me he knew it was not working because he could see the disconnected lines in the engine bay. The lines in question are actually for the air conditioning system, which was never connected upon completing the conversion.
- He then pointed out wiring in the top right of my engine bay that was disconnected when the automatic transmission was removed for a manual. The wires in question are taped up and secured so they cannot move. These were retained in case I wanted to convert the car back to automatic.
- He pointed out the battery, which can move slightly in its clamp although it cannot actually come out. I explained to him that it has always been like this and once the bonnet is closed the battery cannot move at all.
- The last item he pointed out was a modified bracket, which is used to hold up the bottom of the three bonnet latch mounts. It was replaced with a stronger design when the intercooler was fitted as part of the conversion. Its inclusion was noted on the documentation for my modification plate.
The officer then proceeded to go back to his car to write up the defects listed above. This was after I had explained all the information about each one, as described above also. Shortly after he came back over and said he was unable to locate his defect booklet, and instead was going to issue me the fine in question.

Here is a bit of background on my car to help explain things a little better. It is a 1983 Toyota Soarer that has been retrofitted with the engine out of a later model Toyota Soarer. The conversion was completed by a workshop under the supervision of an engineer and once finished the engineer was responsible for writing out the engineering certificate and authorized the modification plate affixed to my car. The car was presented in its current form to the engineer when the report was written and everything mechanical has remained the same, including the exhaust for which I was fined. I have consulted with the modification guides on the QLD Transport website and my exhaust meets the requirements specified and as such this is why the engineer was satisfied when he wrote the report.

The modification plate was issued under the following information if you wish to look it up:
A/Officer 2227
Date 11-5-04
Code LAI

The purpose of me writing this letter is to attempt to have this fine revoked because it should not have been issued in the first place. I feel I am responsible in the fact that I completed the modifications to my car under the supervision of the law and to the requirements specified. Therefore, these are the grounds on which I think it should be revoked.

Your consideration on this matter is most appreciated.

Regards,
Johal Gow
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good.
z|gen
Regular

June 2004
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry about this - slight offtopic..
but can you guys get defected for not having a working heater over in there in aussie ? Shocked
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
z|gen wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 15:28

sorry about this - slight offtopic..
but can you guys get defected for not having a working heater over in there in aussie ? Shocked

Yes, because you need them to do things like defrosting windows etc.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FYI ppls, its authoriSe, not authoriZe.

We live in Australia here.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 18:15

FYI ppls, its authoriSe, not authoriZe.

We live in Australia here.

stupid american version of microsoft word
z|gen
Regular

June 2004
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol..
sorry, i find that very funny (heater part), iv never heard of that happening over in NZ, and i hope they dont bring it in.

best of luck with your letter Smile
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i was gettin the roadworthy certificate for my celica, i asked him about the noise (typical 18rg noise - loud as).
he said that before 1977 (and including i think) cars are like exempt from the noise restrictions (to an extent).
my car being a 79 model is "supposidly" supposed to have the origional exhaust system fitted.

i am a bit worried at the moment.
in townsville (QLD) they have given all the cops Db measuring devices Sad .
they are fining anyone that exceeds the noise specified by the factory.
they have a book with all the noise levels of all vehicles....it is fukin thick too.

they fine $75 and no demerit points as a standard breech....then if you exceed a certain amount, it is $X.xx for every amout over.

i have been past about 7 cop cars in the last 4 days and have been waitin for them to pull me up about the noise....when i see them i just sit on 1000 - 1500 rpm in every gear Embarassed

though in your case being engineered and all.....it means that the engineer recoagnises that the exhaust was modified to suit the engine.

sounds like the cop was having a bad day

brett
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
know what you need to do
call today tonight and aca and contest the fine based on it was nothing more than harrasment and he had to fien you to justify that it wasnt
call his station and report him for harrasment and intimidation
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And become even more of a target, I wouldn't.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*whats that over there officer?*

*officer looks away*

FOOT IN CORNHOLE

Easy.

Eldar.O.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sucks johal...what can I say...I dont really like them, I know its the principle of the matter, but honestly its $45 and one point, pay it and live with it, dont worry his time will come becuase one day some little punk at KFC or Hungry Jacks or Krispy Creme will spit in his coffee and add his own "filling" to his donut/burger becuase he gave him the shits one night too.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sat, 16 April 2005 01:29

that sucks johal...what can I say...I dont really like them, I know its the principle of the matter, but honestly its $45 and one point, pay it and live with it, dont worry his time will come becuase one day some little punk at KFC or Hungry Jacks or Krispy Creme will spit in his coffee and add his own "filling" to his donut/burger becuase he gave him the shits one night too.

bah
i know its the principal of the matter eyt bend over and take it liek a man is NOT the aussie way

fight it even if it costs you twice as much to the stage that they fuckers consider ever dong it again when every single person does it
remember people the only thign these c01nts know is statistics so give them oen they cant ignore
100% dissatisfaction in the current system
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 15 April 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4DaDrift wrote on Sat, 16 April 2005 02:11

MR 1GGTE wrote on Sat, 16 April 2005 01:29

bah
i know its the principal of the matter eyt bend over and take it liek a man is NOT the aussie way

fight it even if it costs you twice as much to the stage that they fuckers consider ever dong it again when every single person does it
remember people the only thign these c01nts know is statistics so give them oen they cant ignore

exactly.
like, what happens next time i get pulled over for the exact same thing.. and the next... and the next.. if i fuck it off once, i can basically not get fined for it again
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Sat, 16 April 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that sucks johal....hope you get the fine revoked Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Sat, 16 April 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me too.. its not the money, 50 bucks is nothing.. BUT its the principle of the thing.. its bullshit
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Sat, 16 April 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have to watch exhaust fines. There are strict guidelines for testing which no cop seems to abide by.

A) the exhaust can only be tested at idle.

B) the DB meter needs to be x from the outlet pipe and y above

c) a test does not consist of sticking the DB meter up the pipe and revving the shite out of the car!!!!

It is good to see you got the officer number though. cause that will help
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Sat, 16 April 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Sat, 16 April 2005 09:11

You have to watch exhaust fines. There are strict guidelines for testing which no cop seems to abide by.

c) a test does not consist of sticking the DB meter up the pipe and revving the shite out of the car!!!!

Are you sure?
Most states are done at 75% of peak power, ie, around 3500rpm.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Sat, 16 April 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Sat, 16 April 2005 11:40

ndgcpr wrote on Sat, 16 April 2005 09:11

Are you sure?
Most states are done at 75% of peak power, ie, around 3500rpm.

really?that seems a bit silly.. cause like some cars can be quiet as a mouse when not driving under power..but as soon as you plant the foot are heaps loud.. that just seems silly
I got his number anyway
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Sat, 16 April 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silly, yes.
False, no.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Sat, 16 April 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it was like this (from APS website) :

Exhaust Noise Testing
Many statutory bodies around the world currently mandate that vehicles comply with stationary exhaust noise tests specifications - Generally based upon the "SAE J1169 Measurement of Light Vehicle Exhaust Sound Level under Stationary Conditions"

For example, California and various other states in the US mandate J1169 SAE stationary noise tests. In Australia the test requirements are ADR 28/01 stationary noise test and it too is based upon SAE J1169. In fact, the above tests have identical test procedures and only the required limit varies:

USA . . . . . . 95 dB
Australia . . . 90 dB

The test involves positioning a type 1, SIA compliant ANSI S1.4 - 1983 noise level meter, specifically as illustrated in the diagram below. No other positioning is relevant! Noise tests are extremely specific in their scope and must be conducted very carefully!

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/us_spec/subaru/exhausts/noise_test.gif
Diagram from SAEJ1169 Testing Procedures

Engine RPM must be held steady at 75% of rated peak horsepower RPM.

Given the latter figure is 6,000 RPM for the US spec. WRX/STI, the test speed is 4,500 RPM for these vehicles.

Again, it must be emphasised, all facets of a noise test must be specifically followed for the test to have any meaning.
F|sh
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Wed, 20 April 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm that ADR sounds wrong

My one tunna will be defected as soon as i hit 100km/h in top gear. my tunna has to be under 96db
no under 90.

Cars after 83 or 85? need to be about 86db was my understanding.
1g-gte-ra28
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Wed, 20 April 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

totally agree if everybody stood up and said this is bullshit the system would be so overwhelmed it would be awsome. I have been fortunate enough to only have ever been caught a couple of times - generally pulled up and have to contend with arsewipe attitude trying to get me to bite thus playing into their hands esculating the situation if I was to, but its a pitty the general aussie attitude is as long as its not me getting kicked in the nuts give em one more, ill stand by over here siently and wait my turn for you to kick me in the nuts. Current system is bullshit and the brown nose, couldnt catch a real crim if he was nocking something off infront of him type cop love the ego trip. Atleast make it as difficult as possible by writing letters of complaint to his superiors etc, unfortunately untill enough drongos wake up (at which point there will probably be anarchy real inteligence is rare in Australia) not much is going to change the average idiot will still vote labour or liberal - same thing different puppet and another 4 years of Australia being sold off to forign interests, we have the resourses in the ground, being sold for what they are worth revinue rasing is totally unneeded.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Wed, 20 April 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

fight it even if it costs you twice as much

Theres some great logic for you Rolling Eyes

Quote:

if everybody stood up and said this is bullshit the system would be so overwhelmed it would be awsome.

But over 95% of the people would agree that the system is good, and that it works.

Quote:

unfortunately untill enough drongos wake up (at which point there will probably be anarchy real inteligence is rare in Australia) not much is going to change the average idiot will still vote labour or liberal - same thing different puppet and another 4 years of Australia being sold off to forign interests, we have the resourses in the ground, being sold for what they are worth revinue rasing is totally unneeded.

What makes you think Australia is any different to any other large country on the planet?
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Wed, 20 April 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate,

sounds like you have been singled out by the police, who would've imagined! Rolling Eyes

I had a similar incident happen to me down in sydney, i have a stock S13 silvia, i was pulled over randomly one night after a cop pulled a u-turn at a set of lights. He then proceeded to try and tell me i was speeding down a road which i didn't even drive down, and that i was lucky he didn't lock onto me with his radar. He then began looking inside the car for gauges, asked if my licence was disqualified (?) then let me go.

Sometimes it just feels like it's not worth driving cars that you have a passion for! let's all conform and drive commodores!
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Wed, 20 April 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
F|sh wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 15:49

hmm that ADR sounds wrong

My one tunna will be defected as soon as i hit 100km/h in top gear. my tunna has to be under 96db
no under 90.

Cars after 83 or 85? need to be about 86db was my understanding.

I think 85db is the limit for one of the driveby tests. There are many noise tests, conducted in different ways with diffeent limits - Wide-open throttle tests, steady RPM & throttle tests, constant speed driveby, etc. etc.. .
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Wed, 20 April 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its weird.. when my car was stock, they used to pull me up ALL THE TIME.. now that its heavily modified, ive only been pulled up like 3 times over 8 months, one was justified... but they were following me for ages trying to get anythin on me.. (got done for driving a manual car with auto license)
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Thu, 21 April 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm curious to know how much more often I get pulled over now with my super-sexy wheels. Before, with the stockies, even when I was driving normally (read: not always according to the laws) I only got pulled over a couple of times, and never booked. I'm willing to bet they'll see my bling, hear my exhaust and pull me over for a reaming now.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Thu, 21 April 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pack ze anal lube, will make it SO much less harsh
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Thu, 21 April 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sat, 16 April 2005 10:44

me too.. its not the money, 50 bucks is nothing.. BUT its the principle of the thing.. its bullshit

and the principle is this copper will be out to rape you every chance he gets cause you kicked up a stink about a $50 ticket.

go get an exhaust test and keep it in the car.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Thu, 21 April 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh you have a modified car, get used to it.
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Thu, 21 April 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the cops in that area are bad i used to work in arana hills at the shell servo
i got booked for doing a burnout when i did a uturn, what actualy happened was that i did a u turn and my lsd went doot doot doot and that was it.
they followed us another night from there to aspley at 12:30 at night with no headlights on
and used to pull me over all the time till i sold my skyline shilloute (standard aus spec) and brought a monaro (go figure)
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Thu, 21 April 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the majority that have pulled me over have been reasonably nice.. the one who got me for auto license driving a man car was a real prick about it, i wasnt angry.. and i was as nice as pie to him.. i could see the fact that it wasnt getting to me made him even more angry...
this one was just a total fuckwit
No news back on the letter yet, hopefully before too long.. i leave for the UK in 1 week
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Thu, 21 April 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just dont like getting treated like i raped a small child every time i get pulled over..
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Thu, 21 April 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 15:15

I just dont like getting treated like i raped a small child every time i get pulled over..

Laughing
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Thu, 21 April 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugman wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 14:16

meh you have a modified car, get used to it.

Since when should owning a modified car mean you deserve to get persecuted?

I own a completely bone stock soarer, so if I get the same treatment, does that mean I have a right to complain and he doesn't?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Thu, 21 April 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let's get physical, physical
I wanna get physical
Let's get into physical
Let me hear your body talk, your body talk
Let me hear your body talk
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Thu, 21 April 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 18:20

I wanna get physical
Let's get into physical

Heart
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Thu, 21 April 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 18:20

I wanna get physical
Let's get into physical

i was gonna post that, but i thought better of it, for obvious reasons Razz
white86
Regular

May 2004
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Thu, 21 April 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok... no offence cruzida, but your first post is a load of crap.

the police DON'T have the right to heap as much shit as they can at you, legal/illegal, rule/no rule, then see what sticks.

i try time and time again to take a positive attitude towards to the police, but stories such as this, and various incidents i have witnessed first hand have completely 100% destroyed my faith in a system that is meant to ensure the safety of road users.

please stand up for yourself jag7799. some people here know what needs to be done.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Thu, 21 April 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
white86 wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 22:57

ok... no offence cruzida, but your first post is a load of crap.

the police DON'T have the right to heap as much shit as they can at you, legal/illegal, rule/no rule, then see what sticks.

i try time and time again to take a positive attitude towards to the police, but stories such as this, and various incidents i have witnessed first hand have completely 100% destroyed my faith in a system that is meant to ensure the safety of road users.

please stand up for yourself jag7799. some people here know what needs to be done.

if they fuck me around.. and dont let me off with that letter, when i get back from the UK ill take it to court or something.. see how i go
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Tue, 26 April 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im glad in EPA situations i have a tunable rev limiter on my car
hehehe

"yes officer im flooring it..."

murrrrrr @ 5000 rpm
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 29 April 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
half of success
"Dear Mr Gow,
I acknowledge receipt of your correspondence concerning the issue of the above traffic infringement notice, and I advice that investigations will be conducted into this matter.

No action need be taken to pay the penalty associated with this notice, until you receive further advice.

Yours faithfully" woo
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again! Fri, 29 April 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gs mate glad to hear they r at least considering it Very Happy
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cheap paint job
Next Topic:In-car video of GT40 at Sandown
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:27:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091168880462646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.