Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

car vibrations Thu, 21 April 2005 18:38 Go to next message
howdy, from last week my cars been making a bad vibration under the car. I've checked the engine/gearbox mounts, I've searched around the forum and found some things.

Symtons are:

vibrates in 1st and 2nd the most when accelerating hard, quite little vibrations when driving very smoothly.

Doesn't vibrate in netural or when clutch is in.

Doesn't vibrate when in reverse or above 70km+.

Main thing i'm guessing is the center bearing in the tailshaft. Otherwise uni-joints or diff.

Hoping it isn't the diff. Still got a spare tailshaft, diff and uni-joint Very Happy

Also the vibrations were extremly bad before i changed my fuel filter and topped up my oil(was hella empty for some reason)

Any advise or points you can give me. I don't want to pull anything apart until i can some information.

thanks. Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: car vibrations Thu, 21 April 2005 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds to me that i may be possibly crank/fly/clutch needs balance, if your pressing the clutch and releasing it from the rest of the drive shaft/train then its more than likely that
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: car vibrations Thu, 21 April 2005 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but why does it only vibrate at low speeds
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: car vibrations Thu, 21 April 2005 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basically at low speeds the crank isnt spinning fast enough and therefore all the vibration is released out, at higher speeds its spinning fast enough that the vibrations are not noticeable. im not the best at explaining this but i know why myself Confused

maybve someone else can explain this better but im sure that is the issue as stated above
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: car vibrations Thu, 21 April 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would think its the centre baring if you got a spare tailshaft thats in good nick put it in it wont cost you anything and if it doesent stop then you have just eliminated something Smile
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: car vibrations Thu, 21 April 2005 23:55 Go to previous message
well from the job i'm in i've come across problems very simmilar to this the problem list as follows most likly to least likly (1) tail shaft out of balance check to see if you lost any weights (2) is it a 2 piece tail shaft if so center bearing might be worn (3) uni joints worn (4) tyres out of round (5) engine and trans miss aligment. try these out
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:timing on 4agze's
Next Topic:body kit question for 1991 corolla sedan
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:33:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053400993347168 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.