Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Wed, 20 April 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you make the UZ - top half of mount up yourself? I cant tell if its just tacked or fully welded. Also what are the mounts from?
  Send a private message to this user    
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Thu, 21 April 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats gunna crack Shocked see the blower kit bullet make ?

I think theres one in a ute in the last street machine
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Thu, 21 April 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 07:58

Did you make the UZ - top half of mount up yourself? I cant tell if its just tacked or fully welded. Also what are the mounts from?

Its a modified version of the mounts I made for the Cressida.
Its only tacked as we weren't sure if they were final.
Turns out they still need some mods to fit more comfortably.

Lower mounts are stock MA61.
FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Thu, 21 April 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are such a tease crUZsida Very Happy
By the way don't move it back, were you have it will give you 52% of the weight over front wheels Cool (as tested by the engineer who certified the ones we have done).
MATT.

P.S must say 2.5 hrs is a fair effort want a job?
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Thu, 21 April 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I knew you'd show up here eventually Matt Very Happy If, say, he got the job done in a couple of hours, would you still charge the customer for, say, a weeks work? Razz (furthering this arvo's discussion...)
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Thu, 21 April 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
remote oil filter is your friend! isnt there alternitive 1uz oil filter mounts anyway?
FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Thu, 21 April 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 23:41

I knew you'd show up here eventually Matt Very Happy If, say, he got the job done in a couple of hours, would you still charge the customer for, say, a weeks work? Razz (furthering this arvo's discussion...)

Just so people don't get the wrong idea I was saying I don't know how some places can charge the way they do! and how I just charged a bloke a LOT less than quoted for a job because it cost me a lot less to do the job than first expected.
Having said that any V8 conversion would have to be worth at least a weeks labour and I would be making sh#$ loads out of crUZ working for me.
Of course if he is reading this his wages might be a bit high not to mention flying him to and from Perth each day to get to work Razz
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Thu, 21 April 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From Frontline episode 'smaller fish to fry' - 'and he reaches into the fridge, changes the light globe. Time taken? less than a minute. The charge for this? $78 plus parts!'

Don't worry Matt, you employ CrUZsida, and I'll get ACA's Martin King onto you right away, for a hidden camera special - 'he walks over to the forklift, and lowers the engine into the car. Tightens a few bolts and hoses, and a little over two hours later, the job is done. Yet he bills the customer for 40 hours - when we asked Matt to comment, he simply said that his workers were not human, but machines. And that machines cost a lot to run.'
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Fri, 22 April 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, you couldn't afford me FASTFOO!

But the motor will come forward 6mm or so, otherwise the oilfilter will foul.
Yes, the UZS131 Crown has a remote filter, but I think the rest are all front mount. The UZS131 remote filter fouled on the crossmember on my Cressida anyway. Its made for the midsump motor, so it goes below the line of the block.

6mm will also make thinks like the tranny tunnel and gearbox mount a bit better too.
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Fri, 22 April 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simply awwesum, its as if the motor was meant to be for this car!

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Fri, 22 April 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 10:14

6mm will also make thinks like the tranny tunnel and gearbox mount a bit better too.

looking over the pics that should also allow you to run the tailshaft unmodifyed ?

looks good only the wireing to go eh Smile
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Fri, 22 April 2005 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 19:33

CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 10:14

looking over the pics that should also allow you to run the tailshaft unmodifyed ?

looks good only the wireing to go eh Smile

Tailshaft is for a W58.
If it fits an A340E, it will be a miracle...
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Fri, 22 April 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its a serviceable uni i think you can swap the yoke over to the auto one and you maybe suprised
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Sun, 01 May 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just thought I'd show some pics of me removing the motor.

http://conceptual.net.au/~peewee/uza61/640/39.jpg

http://conceptual.net.au/~peewee/uza61/640/40.jpg

http://conceptual.net.au/~peewee/uza61/640/41.jpg
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Sun, 01 May 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nifty !!!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Mon, 02 May 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LMAO

I love your style!
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Mon, 02 May 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you sit on the transmission and drive that 2 wheeled machine?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Mon, 02 May 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like this?

http://www.norbie.net/Project2JZ/Aristo/Aristo21.jpg

Very Happy
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Mon, 02 May 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 09:42

Just fit a decent sized castor wheel and off you go !!!
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Mon, 02 May 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL!

Yeah sort of but you are missing the wheels!!!!
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Mon, 02 May 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone needs to photochop him onto CrUZida's 2 wheeled machine!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Mon, 02 May 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 08:27

Just put a propeler on the output shaft of the gearbox and a rudder and off I go hey?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Mon, 02 May 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 10:36

bbaacchhyy wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 08:27

Just put a propeler on the output shaft of the gearbox and a rudder and off I go hey?

Don't forget the cap that has an inbuilt petrol tank - gravity feed should be OK.
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Mon, 02 May 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i have to ask.
your engine crane is set to 250 kg's and you lifted the chassis with it while leaving the engine stationary.
surely the chassis would have weighed more than 250KG?
but if you can do that to get an engine out, i am definately doing it the hard way with my engine crane, that makes it look damn easy.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Mon, 02 May 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you pick up the chassis without any of the suspension and the engine etc. attached to it, it weighs stuff all. The last time we did this, we didn't have an engine crane at all, we just got a couple of guys and picked it up, then even turned it around Razz
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Mon, 02 May 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I may have been stretching the friendship on the 250kg mark, but it was already in the air when I realised, so I couldn't be bothered changing it.

But there was no suspension, no guards, bonnet, bumper, radiator, doors, interior etc on the car.
It was complete from the B-pillar backwards.

But to get the motor out like this, you have to undo 8 K-frame bolts, 4 crossmember bolts, 6 strut top bolts, 2 brake lines, steering shaft, and a few other small things.
Its not the easiest if you intend to drive the car again soon.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Tue, 03 May 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoops!

http://conceptual.net.au/~peewee/uza61/640/42.jpg
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Tue, 03 May 2005 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked

SHIT !

Still selling inside bits and pieces Cruzsida

im after the ctr console ! and front windscreen+seals if they are in tact ?

[Updated on: Tue, 03 May 2005 16:30]

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Tue, 03 May 2005 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Wed, 04 May 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much do you want for that frontcut? Laughing
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Wed, 04 May 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH! Shocked Am i seeing things right? She simply snapped apart! Crazy. Spose its better happenin in the garage than on the road. Thats bad luck...

What you doing with the car and all the pieces now?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Wed, 04 May 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummmm, no. Mr MA61 met Mr Angle Grinder.

And, wrecking it.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Wed, 04 May 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill give you $20 for the frotn cut with the UZ.
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Wed, 04 May 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh, gunna say. Its late and after a long day you dont think so straight Confused

Hope the conversion into your donor car goes well
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Sun, 08 May 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just cleaning up, we'll just file this over here:
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/front.jpg
20valve88hatch
Newcomer

August 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Mon, 09 May 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any one wouldn't happen to have the factory wiring diagram for the 1uz-fe vvt-i? It is apparently the same computer as the 2uz-fe in the land cruiser! Any one pleeeeeeeease pm me.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Mon, 09 May 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It wouldn't be the same computer, but it would be similar setup, just different maps.

But since you asked so nicely, try
http://www.lextreme.com/2uzemanage.htm
20valve88hatch
Newcomer

August 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Tue, 10 May 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that, but that is for an aftermarket greddy computer! let me know if ya come across anything else? cheers mick
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics) Tue, 10 May 2005 08:20 Go to previous message
20valve88hatch wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 16:13

Thanks for that, but that is for an aftermarket greddy computer! let me know if ya come across anything else? cheers mick

Yes, but it gives you some pin outs.

Otherwise, go see Toyota or Lexus.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGE------> 4AGZE???
Next Topic:20V silvertop oxygen sensors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 15:17:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080780982971191 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.