Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » N2O is bad mmmmmkay!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Wed, 20 April 2005 03:23 Go to next message
 http://home.cwru.edu/~jqt/fire/IMG_4767.JPG

http://home.cwru.edu/~jqt/fire/IMG_4786.JPG

Full thread http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t= 275651
  Send a private message to this user    
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Wed, 20 April 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smoke show!

Not a member of supraforums though Sad
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Wed, 20 April 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks crispy
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Wed, 20 April 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah reminds me of a video ive seen of a honda with n2o n is tryn to drag race a banshie or something (a hotted up atv with longer wheel base n lots n lots of powah!!!) and the thing just ignits when he launchs from the line ooo and it was a street drag.... n there like 100ppl standing round haha classic
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Wed, 20 April 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol

its only a DSM...
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Thu, 21 April 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw this car once it was drag racing and it his NOS and it was goin so hard there was a danger to the manifold and then the floot checkplating broke off the bottom of the car!!
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Thu, 21 April 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COOOOOOOOL......... maybe not for the owner though

a bit of a tech Q here, would anyone know if that is wet or dry NOS??? and whats the difference between the 2?
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Thu, 21 April 2005 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sileighty got FUCKED UP....

damn, thats an sr20... bet they're at a premium a week before race wars huh?

wait... i need to stop watching that movie... i dont have a clue why i bought it on DVD!

Eldar.O.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Thu, 21 April 2005 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fade-e wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 00:24

a bit of a tech Q here, would anyone know if that is wet or dry NOS??? and whats the difference between the 2?

wet = injects mix of extra fuel and N2O
dry = gas only via nozzles, ECU has to provide extra fuel via existing fuel system

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Thu, 21 April 2005 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hang on, in an earlier thread, a onevia (180sx front, silvia rear) was crushed by a tree, and now a sileighty (silvia front, 180 back, duh) has blown up...

does this mean its even?

Eldar.O.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Thu, 21 April 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't think NAWS was flamable but only provides more oxygen for combustion when it is mixed with a flammable material i.e. fuel... although I guess if you had a little fire going and then supplied it with NAWS the fire would pick up considerably... but the material itself is not flammable right? Doesnt say it on the bottle...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Fri, 22 April 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Major Clod wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 00:13

I saw this car once it was drag racing and it his NOS and it was goin so hard there was a danger to the manifold and then the floot checkplating broke off the bottom of the car!!

ROFLMAO Laughing Laughing good one Smile
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Fri, 22 April 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 09:30

I didn't think NAWS was flamable but only provides more oxygen for combustion when it is mixed with a flammable material i.e. fuel... although I guess if you had a little fire going and then supplied it with NAWS the fire would pick up considerably... but the material itself is not flammable right? Doesnt say it on the bottle...

true, under normal conditions it is not flammable. And even having a little fire going and adding N2O to it wouldnt do shit. It needs above 300 degrees Celcius to break down into nitrogen and oxygen, at which time it will assist in adding more fuel to the fire.
*i think anyway, willing to stand corrected*
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Fri, 22 April 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
h3ff44 wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 16:05

hahah reminds me of a video ive seen of a honda with n2o n is tryn to drag race a banshie or something (a hotted up atv with longer wheel base n lots n lots of powah!!!) and the thing just ignits when he launchs from the line ooo and it was a street drag.... n there like 100ppl standing round haha classic

It was mischief i belive i've got the whole set i think it's "miscief invasion"

It's pretty funny tho who hits the nos that early in a FWD
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Fri, 22 April 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisellis wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 10:56

true, under normal conditions it is not flammable. And even having a little fire going and adding N2O to it wouldnt do shit. It needs above 300 degrees Celcius to break down into nitrogen and oxygen, at which time it will assist in adding more fuel to the fire.

this is true.

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Fri, 22 April 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 11:16

DSM's are awd I thought.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Fri, 22 April 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisellis wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 10:56

no, it's an oxidiser, but any flame is well above 300deg. anyone with a whipped crem thingy will have probably fanned flames with it at some stage and know that it greatly increases the rate of combustion and temp... it is not as good an oxidiser as oxygen (ie "oxygen lance" ), but will still make a small fire very bad very quickly. the amount of N2O in a car is small compared to the amount of fuel, but it could certainly get a fire started quick Very Happy..
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Sat, 23 April 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optushome.com.au/dbhebuild/naws.jpg
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Sat, 23 April 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^ Laughing
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Sat, 23 April 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha classic, u gotta show Ben...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Sat, 23 April 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dayum...

What car was it to start off with??? 180SX, old 300ZX or something???

Love the last pic too lmao...
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Sat, 23 April 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Sat, 23 April 2005 12:28

What car was it to start off with??? 180SX, old 300ZX or something???

EldarO wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 02:38

now a sileighty (silvia front, 180 back, duh) has blown up

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Sat, 23 April 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
see sig for how cool glen is, even before that pic.

slightly OT: I never got onevias - it's like double ugly.. who actually wants the silvia arse on their car?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Sat, 23 April 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 16:59

Mookie wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 11:16

DSM's are awd I thought.

CRX's are FWD aren't they ?
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Sat, 23 April 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That guys crazy, standing next to a burning car, does he realise cars have fuel onboard Rolling Eyes.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Sun, 24 April 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car is a Mitsubishi DSM as named in america. AFAIK they are similar to evo's.

Don't know where this onevia talk came about Razz
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Sun, 24 April 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 09:20

The car is a Mitsubishi DSM as named in america. AFAIK they are similar to evo's.

dude, thats a silvia front.. i know it is...

and its not a silvia back, SO, through good detective work we come to the conclusion that it is, infact, a onevia.

unless you have more pictures to prove otherwise? i seriously would like to see, because youve got me guessing Razz

Eldar.O.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Sun, 24 April 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That doesnt look to be a silvia front to me... And by the look of those tyres, big sidewalls all round, I'd say that car had some decent power and that it was AWD...
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Sun, 24 April 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 15:01

Chris Davey wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 09:20

dude, thats a silvia front.. i know it is...

and its not a silvia back, SO, through good detective work we come to the conclusion that it is, infact, a onevia.

unless you have more pictures to prove otherwise? i seriously would like to see, because youve got me guessing Razz

Eldar.O.

Did you look at the supraforums link? Here are a couple of quotes which lead me to believe that it is a DSM. Plus the fact that it had slicks on all 4 tyres and they said it had already run a low 9 second pass.

Quote:

Reminds me of just this past August when Jeff Hill's car caught on fire for a bit. Must be something with those 1G DSMs.

Quote:

the fire of the NOS fed vetter at GLD was a bit better... just cuz i hate vettes more then i hate DSMs...

Quote:

The pics looks horrible. I thought the z06 fire was already pretty bad but this Talon is done...

DSM is also known as Eagle Talon.

Quote:

their shop car caught on fire though because a part failed, a part that wasn't built or designed by them. a part that is used on many many fast ass DSM's.

Quote:

The fat man in the video is usually pretty good. Every year during the DSM shootout, he's busting his ass running up and down cleaning up oil spills and nitrous backfires on these damn DSMs.

Quote:

the solution to this thread: DONT BUY A DSM.

Is that enough? Razz

and one that I just thought was funny Smile

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXR SUPRA
Why would they sue the drag strip? That shit pisses me off. Its on you to have the proper equipment for your car.

It's America. It'd be unpatriotic to not blame someone else for your misfortune.

skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: N2O is bad mmmmmkay! Sun, 24 April 2005 08:15 Go to previous message
Chris Davey wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 16:53

It's America. It'd be unpatriotic to not blame someone else for your misfortune.

Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cressida to keep or not to keep
Next Topic:HELP SUPPORT ME CAR!!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 17:18:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073258876800537 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.