Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Sony Ericsson - Infrared Vs Bluetooth Vs cable (edited)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Sony Ericsson - Infrared Vs Bluetooth Vs cable (edited) Mon, 18 April 2005 10:04 Go to next message
Hi How do you guys download stuff off the net ? do you do it via a i/r port, BT port or trusty data cable ?

Which do you recommend ? If you have either of these contraptions, can you plz tell me how much it cost u and where u got it from ??
Thanks !!
Les

Prev Post

Hi who has a sony ericsson t630 or similar phone ?

i wanna download some new tones for it .. any good WAP sites that u can offer ?

Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 20 April 2005 23:17]

Send a private message to this user    
meeves
Regular

July 2004
Re: Sony Ericsson downloads Mon, 18 April 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a t610 and i go on t610.com theres a similar site around where u get free stuff for all sony ericsson phones look on google its there.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Sony Ericsson downloads Mon, 18 April 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get yourself a usb bluetooth connector.

itll let you drag and drop pics on the phone from pc, aswell as any .midi as a ring tone Wink
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Sony Ericsson downloads Mon, 18 April 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sony ericssons are teh p00 Razz

ringtone nation's good Very Happy
http://www.ringtonenation.com
ae80
Regular

August 2004
Re: Sony Ericsson downloads Mon, 18 April 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am considering buyin a T630?!

Are they any good?

Sorry for the Hijack! Smile
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sony Ericsson downloads Mon, 18 April 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae80 wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 21:27

I am considering buyin a T630?!

Are they any good?

Sorry for the Hijack! Smile

If you're going to buy from eBay... make sure you don't get into a bidding war with "fat_sim"... it'll mean one of us spends more on the phone than we have to. Wink

I'm looking at a T630 also.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sony Ericsson downloads Tue, 19 April 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get k700i fellas

my mates got one .. nice !

can u send games from one phone to another ?
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: Sony Ericsson downloads Tue, 19 April 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes via infra-red or bluetooth, i have a t610, has heaps of cool sites on it will post them up later when i get home Smile, oh and its 4 sale Razz
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Edited Topic Wed, 20 April 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi How do you guys download stuff off the net ? do you do it via a i/r port, BT port or trusty data cable ?

Which do you recommend ? If you have either of these contraptions, can you plz tell me how much it cost u and where u got it from ??
Thanks !!
Les
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Sony Ericsson - Infrared Vs Bluetooth Vs cable (edited) Thu, 21 April 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nokia 6230 all the way dudes - right price, all the features you can use - it's ACE !

Don't get an infrared dongle like I did - it's way slow as. Bluetooth is over twice as fast. I can't vouch for the cables, I s'pose it varies between cables and phones anyway.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sony Ericsson - Infrared Vs Bluetooth Vs cable (edited) Thu, 21 April 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Thu, 21 April 2005 13:31

Nokia 6230 all the way dudes - right price, all the features you can use - it's ACE !

Don't get an infrared dongle like I did - it's way slow as. Bluetooth is over twice as fast. I can't vouch for the cables, I s'pose it varies between cables and phones anyway.

ur bad taste in car has affected your choice in phones too !! SoneyErricson all the way !!

(jokin bout that car Razz )

i think the BT costs a shiiitload ... might just get a cable from ebay and try it out .. if it sux then so be it ..
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Sony Ericsson - Infrared Vs Bluetooth Vs cable (edited) Thu, 21 April 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it's a serial cable, there's a good chance it won't be any quicker than my pooohey infrared dongle (115kbit/sec). If it's USB then it could be any speed.

$40->60 for a USB/Bluetooth dongle. I'd get one if I had my time again - saves pointing the phone at the computer, or plugging stuff in.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Sony Ericsson - Infrared Vs Bluetooth Vs cable (edited) Thu, 21 April 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, I recently bought myself a wireless internet card for my pc (DWL-G520) and am also awaiting the delivery of my new Sony Ericsson T630.

Can the DWL-G520 be used to connect to bluetooth capable phones or is it a different type of wireless communication?

The two purchases were unrelated but i would be super stoked if i could do that drag and drop thing with ringtones etc without having to buy another piece of hardware.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Sony Ericsson - Infrared Vs Bluetooth Vs cable (edited) Sat, 23 April 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
generally, the usb cable will be the fastest. ive used a usb cable, serial cable, bluetooth dongle, bluetooth between phones, and infra-red between phones, and the cables have always been fastest.

it took about 1 hour(!) to transfer a 4 meg mp3 from my mates nokia 6230 to my motorola v600. and the file didnt work on my phone anyway! crappy motorola.

it took about 3 minutes to put a 4 meg mp3 on my phone using a bluetooth dongle. the usb cable is the shit, way faster.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Sony Ericsson - Infrared Vs Bluetooth Vs cable (edited) Sat, 23 April 2005 06:40 Go to previous message
beware my 6230 took up smoken and would not switch on... thankfully just got it back under warrenty
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:If anyone knows how to get in contact with "Jag65"
Next Topic:FHM are airbrushing wunderkinds (Nikki webster B4 & After)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:50:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055229663848877 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.