Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » campbelltown people be ware.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
campbelltown people be ware. Tue, 19 April 2005 23:31 Go to next message
just a quick one for everybody that lives anywhere near the campbelltown area. i was on my way to work (narellan) this morning and noticed an unusual police car with a pulled over S14. the police car in question was a hothouse green highly modded (body kit rims and superior dark tint) toyota camry (why with a holden colour). From the look of it police are now trying to trick us car enthusiasts by posing to be one. The officer also had a very arrogant walk, but unfortunately i didnt get to read the number plate as i was doing a fair speed along camden valley way as i was running late Very Happy

just thought i would let everybody know.
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Tue, 19 April 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing new mate they have a couple of modded wrx's and some new AWD magna's too, who'd race a camry anyway.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: campbelltown people be ware. Tue, 19 April 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on the M4 an undercover is using a dark-tinted ute!

from what I can tell, most undercover cars have dark tint. Cops in unmarked cars without dark tint tend to be detectives.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: campbelltown people be ware. Wed, 20 April 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I always look for suspension mods.

Cop cars seem to be lowered a little and sit very nicely over bumps. Most dickheads that try and race you from the lights in late model cars have not spent a cent on their suspension.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Wed, 20 April 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know it might be hard to beleive but, cops are normal people and they have modified cars, i know of a cop in queensland with a vt ss with a us impoted 7.0L v8 engine in it, and plates are IH8WRX Laughing, hes on the boost cruising forums.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Wed, 20 April 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A fully modded camry eh, so they make a big bust once, then thats it, cover blown, money well spent boys. Also watch out for a Toyota Prado (current model) i saw one with lights lit up speeding down Appin Rd, why have an undercover prado i don't know.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Wed, 20 April 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camry_omega wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 21:42

A fully modded camry eh, so they make a big bust once, then thats it, cover blown, money well spent boys. Also watch out for a Toyota Prado (current model) i saw one with lights lit up speeding down Appin Rd, why have an undercover prado i don't know.

Ive seen an undercover tarago flooring in the opposite direction from me. Down near liverpool.
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Wed, 20 April 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could the fully modded Camry be just a 2.6L V6 Sportivo Camry? Razz
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Wed, 20 April 2005 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres also a silver starlet with huge foggies on the front, lowered aprox an inch, huge monster tacho which is a under cover car. oh and it has a lil nudge bar at the front.

seen it pull some one over today Very Happy
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Wed, 20 April 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 09:49

on the M4 an undercover is using a dark-tinted ute!

from what I can tell, most undercover cars have dark tint. Cops in unmarked cars without dark tint tend to be detectives.

This ute... What colour? Model?

Sorry for wanting more details just i use the M4 twice a day... Something for me to keep an eye out for...
AaronST185
Regular

December 2004
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Wed, 20 April 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope all these modded undercover cars are street legal Laughing
86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Thu, 21 April 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ask to see their engineering reports when u get pulled over next time... Laughing
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: campbelltown people be ware. Sat, 23 April 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres three unmarked nissan pathfinders in wollongong.

How much do they want to find a parth??
white86
Regular

May 2004
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Sat, 23 April 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in qld some of unmarked police cars have personalised number plates starting with "TRI" then two numbers. for instance, TRI 24 is ba xr6 turbo falcon, mostly hangs out on the m1 and places like milton maccas. beware the "TRI"
alanha21
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Sat, 23 April 2005 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually...is there have any police car or undercover at the M2??i never seen that b4...
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Sun, 24 April 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nightdevil wrote on Sat, 23 April 2005 21:14

and a prado,and there are some tohers but i forget what sort of cars they are atm. the cops come and sit in my street in the undercover cars and keep a watchful eye on everyone going up bourke st, so take it easy coming out of the lights people
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Sun, 24 April 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps the easiest way to spot undercover cars is yellow number plates... Simple... Who goes and buys an SS then doesnt bother to get white plates...

And yeah, dark tint is a giveaway...
Flogbag
Regular

December 2003
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Wed, 27 April 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there lil cop radio ariels on the back window and brand new commodores with chasers whod buy a brand new car with crappy silver steelies...?
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Thu, 28 April 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Wed, 20 April 2005 10:17

I always look for suspension mods.

Cop cars seem to be lowered a little and sit very nicely over bumps. Most dickheads that try and race you from the lights in late model cars have not spent a cent on their suspension.

All police commodore execs are fitted with ss suspension at pre-delivery. Razz
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Thu, 28 April 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flogbag wrote on Wed, 27 April 2005 20:56

there lil cop radio ariels on the back window and brand new commodores with chasers whod buy a brand new car with crappy silver steelies...?

they are JUST steelies, they're PURSUIT "rims" Razz

they dont look all to bad, better than some of the shit people stick on their cars, although thats just my opinion.

ive never seen any of these undercover rice cars.

maybe its just off duty cops pulling people over for shitty/dangerous driving?

Eldar.O.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Thu, 28 April 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not that you can see it but they also have vented and slotted DBA front rotors on most commodores
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Fri, 29 April 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WiLo wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 23:24

nightdevil wrote on Sat, 23 April 2005 21:14

and a prado,and there are some tohers but i forget what sort of cars they are atm. the cops come and sit in my street in the undercover cars and keep a watchful eye on everyone going up bourke st, so take it easy coming out of the lights people

And a BA Falcon ute unmarked, with 16" alloys and super dark tint. Saw him pull over someone in Woonona a while ago.

And a VZ Acclaim wagon, but that one's pretty obvious.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: campbelltown people be ware. Fri, 29 April 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a blue WRX in the Wethrill Park area,not unmarked thou.
But very easy to miss the police signage.
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Fri, 29 April 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in this situation the police wouldnt have a leg to stand on if they were enciting you to race or whatever by egging you on because thats entrapment.

however, if they lined up next to you at the lights, and you try to 'smoke em' or whatever cause their car screams rice then your fucked.

I would have to assume however that the majority of these cars are owned by cops themselves and although they are not owned for the sole purpose of pulling ppl up on the sly, they would still have the authority to do so i.e. driving to and from krispy kremes and spotting an idiot in a crapcell doing 30 over.

simple rule, keep the race off the road and let the idiots drive whatever they want....
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: campbelltown people be ware. Fri, 29 April 2005 22:22 Go to previous message
[quote title=SilverGhost wrote on Fri, 29 April 2005 19:29]in this situation the police wouldnt have a leg to stand on if they were enciting you to race or whatever by egging you on because thats entrapment. quote]

not entrapment exactly there not holding a gun to your head sayin race me. in the end its self control that will make you stop.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:You reckon this will fit into a TA22? :P
Next Topic:what these rims worth?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:29:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075180530548096 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.