May 2002

Wireing diagram Sat, 14 December 2002 09:53 Go to next message
Anyone have a diagram for a 94/95 Magna Confused Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Wireing diagram Sat, 14 December 2002 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep you can find one at your nearest major library! Plus lots of other useless info for magnas! Need a hand wiring up those nifty little comet shaped indicator repeaters hey?!!!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Wireing diagram Sun, 15 December 2002 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I installed a stereo in a mates car yesterday! But I found something to be very weird! There is a fuse in the fuse marked "Radio" and when I removed this fuse there was still power at the radio! However the accessories to the radio did'nt work!
I'm just wondering if this is a direct stuff up from mischabichy or if there is a fault in the car!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Wireing diagram Sun, 15 December 2002 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Automatic aerial power, original stereo lights when headlights are on, memory power feed, ...? These days stereos have move than one power feed as they have more options! Did you wire to the original power feed for the stereo?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Wireing diagram Sun, 15 December 2002 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know they have lots of extra wires these days! And yes I did use the old power feed for the new radio! But this does not explain to me why there is still power on the main power feed when I remove the fuse!

[Updated on: Sun, 15 December 2002 07:53]

SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wireing diagram Sun, 15 December 2002 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your probably wired onto the memory backup wire as clint says. It will keep power there even when the fuse is pulled.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Wireing diagram Sun, 15 December 2002 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh!! So what you saying is that the main power feed is the one that is switched by the ignition? Confused And the other wire that is there with power all the time is just the memory backup?

Damm that sux! This means that in order to fit an aftermarket stereo I need to run another power feed!
Cause what I did was use the wire with the constant power for the main power feed to the new stereo! An the wire with the switched power I use and the accessories feed! Also there is a wire on the new stereo called illumination with I also just wired to the switched power feed! But the problem we are having is that the car keeps blowing a fuse called "Tail" which is 15amps. Now the dash lights and the indicators dont work Sad

Now if I had the that memory backup line connected to the stereo supply line why would this blow the fuse? Even when the stereo is turned off?
Now I work with auto electrics every day just about and I have never had anything like this! And i'm not going to spend $300 or more on a damm service manual!
inferno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wireing diagram Mon, 16 December 2002 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got a haynes manual for 91-96 infront of me, it shows three wires into the "typical audio system". A red/green to fuse 19(10A) which is power all times, a blue/red wire to fuse 4(10A) which is accesories switched, and another green/white to the "interior lighting"(WTF?). a lot of the time they don't use independant fuses and just wire the stereo into a common fuse, like tail lights. Is it the stereo causing the fuse to blow?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Wireing diagram Mon, 16 December 2002 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that mate! The green/white wire is the one I fucked up!! I wired this to the Gnd wire on the radio! This causes the "tail" fuse to blow when you turn the lights on!
Would you believe that means that there is no Gnd wire for the radio!
Thanks again mate.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wireing diagram Mon, 16 December 2002 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could use the case as a ground.
you never know Smiley =
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Wireing diagram Mon, 16 December 2002 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That will work but its not good enough for me so I ran a new positive and negitive directly to the battery!
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wireing diagram Mon, 16 December 2002 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
proabably should put a fuse in that positive line just incase you have a major short at some stage
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Wireing diagram Mon, 16 December 2002 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaaate i'm a professional Cool Thats the first thing I thought of!
Beleive it or not i'm qualified in auto electrics! Althought I have only really worked on Falcoons and Crummydoors Smile
absurd
Newcomer

May 2002
Re: Wireing diagram Sun, 22 December 2002 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alot of cars actually use the antenna as an earth. it had me stumped to
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Wireing diagram Sun, 22 December 2002 14:38 Go to previous message
It was using the chassis for the earth!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MX83 lowered springs