Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
Bozza
Regular

September 2004
Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 12:49 Go to next message
just something i got off another thread. maybe should be considered as an announcement or sticky. makes for interesting reading....

Can the public rattle a massive company ???

Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP!

Apparently we are going to hit close to $1.35 a litre by the winter. If this
happens the prices will flow on down to the price of every thing we buy!
Want petrol prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united
action. Philip Hollsworth, offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain "day"
campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just
laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt ourselves"
by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it
was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with
a plan that can really work.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think
that the cost of a litre is CHEAP at .89 / .95 cents, we need to take
aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not
sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need
to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come
down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And
we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest
oil companies (which now are: BP and Mobil). If they are not selling any
petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their
prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact,
we need to reach literally millions of BP petrol buyers. It's really simple
to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how
simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to a lot
of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)
...and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so
on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will
have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (and not
buy at BP and Mobil) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this
email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION
people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet
you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together
we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 80 cents a LITRE RANGE.

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Caltex, GAS. or Gull Outlets and drive past BP and MOBIL Stations.
  Send a private message to this user  
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about all you hippies with your brilliant ideas piss off.

They also make the two best fuels on the market in BP ultimate and synergy 8000.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but BP and Mobil are the only ones with decent 98 octane fuel Wink
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the MR runs like a bucket on anything but 8000.. or at least when ever i have tried it, its been no good so i just use 8000.

anyway stop bitching compared to other goods petrol has remained at what is realistically a fairly reasnable price.

have a look here for some of the numbers... try buying petrol in europe *ouch*..

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId=au-en&a mp;FC2=/au-en/html/iwgen/leftnavs/zzz_lhn3_2_1.htm l&FC3=/au-en/html/iwgen/shell_for_motorists/pe trol_pricing//trends/long_term_trends_0116.html
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sat, 23 April 2005 22:51

but BP and Mobil are the only ones with decent 98 octane fuel Wink

What he said ^ ^ ^ hehehe

My car's meant to have 100 octane petrol: I need the best I can get!
Bozza
Regular

September 2004
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF you calling me a hippie? I just posted what i thought we could do. I dont know about anybody else but i aint paying over $1.10 for fuel.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then what are you going to power your car off?

Love?
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also buy BP and dont like to buy other fuel.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
caltex vortex is also not bad, but i have to pull about 10-15deg of timing for optimucks....

meh, i paid $1.38 the other day. petrol is cheap in australia, and historically has been cheaper int he US (land of the guzzlers).

sure there is price fixing, and sure the federal government has fixed it so that they get a disproportionate (farrrk, long word!) increase in tax (go the GST!! Confused ), but if you like to drive, pay the price.

best thing to do is to buy on the day in your suburb when the price is cheapest.. this means that the station owner is getting a rebate in order to discount from 'normal' pricve, so it still costs the petrol company in one way or another.. the servos make fuck all from petrol, and the government puts all the excise and taxes back into roads (or so they would have you think)

i say boycott shit petrol, ie optimax and all the independent servos that give shite ethanol mixes and low quality fuel..

wtf is 91 octane anyway?? it may as well be fermented orange juice for all the good it does a performance engine/.....

Cya, Stewart
Edit:, i'm going to go and drink another bottle of beer for which i paid mroe than a litre of petrol... giiit farrrrked Razz

[Updated on: Sat, 23 April 2005 13:22]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Sat, 23 April 2005 23:16

then what are you going to power your car off?

Love?

maybe fermented Love Wink .. ewwwww
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most ive ever paid was 1.08
i heard news reports it was going down again?
either way.. i like my bp
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danm queensladers.. 1.08. grrr ive been paying around the 1.30mark for weeks,. *sigh*
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bozza wrote on Sat, 23 April 2005 23:14

WTF you calling me a hippie? I just posted what i thought we could do. I dont know about anybody else but i aint paying over $1.10 for fuel.

Because like all the other spammer hippies out there you copied and pasted an email that i have recieved 1000 times for some poor excuse of a cause.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah.. we dont value money.. in fact we hate it........... why do you think we spend so much money on old dinger toyota's that after we finished are worth 1/30th of what we have spent....
haha
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy petrol on tuesday or wednesday nites - is cheapest time of weak.

if you think petrol prices suck, try buying desiel - it's fuken expensive every goddam day of the week.

fwiw, i was in NZ in 2000 and their unleaded was over $1 in rural spots back then, they've been averaging $1.15 since mid-late last year. At the time they didn't charge gst on desiel - making it very worthwhile for the swarms of people movers roving the countryside
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's not that long ago that diesel was HALF the price of petrol.. trucking companies must be fucken pissed!!!
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its time for a gas conversion Sad
any one ever ran a 4age on gas? or sr20det on gas? i know some of dem 3cyl euro cars run on gas Confused
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
F'ck it... just drop your compression ratio down to about 6:1 and run Nitro Razz
As a bonus Nitro is almost not flammable so you don't have the worry of your car blowing up in an accident that you would have on LPG.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sat, 23 April 2005 23:56

it's not that long ago that diesel was HALF the price of petrol.. trucking companies must be fucken pissed!!!

That was before every soccer mum had to drive the biggest 4wd on the market Rolling Eyes

Even if this campaign was succesful, what with the Government taking over 50c/l in taxes do you think the oil companies would accept 20-30c/l? Hell no!

If you want to make a difference try pressuring the Government to reduce the fuel excise. After all, of an estimated $14 billion in revenue last year the State & Federal Governments put less than $2 billion back into the roads.

Forgot to add i'll pay $2 a litre if I have to, it still beats the public transport around Sydney.

[Updated on: Sat, 23 April 2005 16:10]

jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you CLOWN!!
they have Not considered 1 thing.
If Mobil and say, Caltex had stores next to each other. Caltex offered 90c/L, Mobil 95c/L.
Mobil pulls down to 90c/L to match!
But do you think Caltex is going to fall to 89c/L just to compete?
This price matching will only delay the inevitable, and that is a rise on ALL accounts. Keep this in mind with..
a) Mobil and BP have the best fuels in the country (for those that care)
b) Rarely are there 2 competing stores so close, that people give a toss where they went
c) People rarely care how much petrol is (I know this coz i work in a servo)(Mobil to be exact)
d) Mobil are biggest for a lot of reasons!! among them, we have most company fleets fuel account. among them Telstra and the Police force...Yes alll patrol cars go thru us!

People, in general go to servos that are
1. closest
2. are open 24hrs
3. have the nicest and best service

To back my reasons! Mobil IS often more expensive and despite being some 5c more expensive than down the road, we are still flat-out

Dont get me wrong, i want cheaper petrol too! but I am pretty sure that this isnt going to work! I'm sure neither Mobil or BP wants to have high prices, but consider the fact that their profits are very low, and most costs (49%) are taken-up by State and Federal excise, the rest by transportation and the likes with a mere 2% profit for my store! also, if you want 10% ethanol in YOUR tank!! by all means go for your life, pray for your engine while ypur at it!

[Updated on: Sat, 23 April 2005 16:50]

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sat, 23 April 2005 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
40 litres is a full tank...

if petrol is 1.00 i pay $40...

if petrol is 1.10 i pay $44...

i really dont care... as long as there is fuel around!

Eldar.O.
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG OMG OMG! you mean i can save $2 a week on my petrol ($104 a year!!!), by putting in lesser quality fuel that will make my engine make less power and detonate and eventually blow up and have to spend another 2 grand rebuilding it!? WELL, SIGN ME RIGHT UP!!!

http://forums.toymods.org.au/images/message_icons/icon13.gif

how about you realise the reason petrol is so expensive has little to do with the petrol companies, and lots to do with the moronic american government's handling of the middle east
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 01:12

F'ck it... just drop your compression ratio down to about 6:1 and run Nitro Razz
As a bonus Nitro is almost not flammable so you don't have the worry of your car blowing up in an accident that you would have on LPG.

BTW LPG is proven safer then petrol, you hear about one or two dodgy gas installs by joe former taxi owner blowing up but how many car fires are there that dont make the news!

Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah this protest idea is BS. do you seriously expect people to boycot Mobil and Bp because that would requrie effort. And even if you do exceed do you expect those companies to DROP their prices. Heck if anything they will put their prices up to maintain their profit margin. Im sorry but this is just annother pipe dream, i'll keep paying though the nose for petrol while public transport is the pits.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The price we pay for petrol is totally insanely cheap when you consider how much the stuff screws the world up. The pollution, the pillaging of natural resources etc etc etc. Also look to the rest of the world (apart from the US) and their petrol prices.

While I know this is a car forum and people have a vested interest in petrol, look at the situation with a bit of a bigger perspective, stop whinging and just be glad that you can buy petrol at all. And if that doesn't work then stop driving and ride your bike or get public transport.

Hen

PS, why is it that people are more than willing to waste money on plenty of other things, but if petrol goes up 10c (less than $5 a week for most people) then it is as if the world is going to end?
go_the_datt
Regular

February 2005
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i may just be tired but,
you could offset the $4 dollars extra your paying each week cause the fuel is 10c too high by filling your drinking bottle up at home instead of buying a bottle of h20 at upwards of $4 a litre. ha
just a thought..
cheers ben
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Caltex have 98 Octane, it seems better than Syndergy and the Mobil equivalent...

Well I know my car doesnt run like shit on it...

Im up for this challenge... There needs to be a formal website made up for it... So that everyone is not buying from the same companies...

Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with henn. personalised plates attract a yearly fee, the price of smokes keeps going up, the price of houses keeps going up, and people are buying all of these more than ever. petrol costs you and extra 50-100 dollars a year and suddenly it's a world crisis. get a grip

that caltex/ampol 98 octane is absolute dog's balls. i once went out with a girl who had an ae92. from near-empty, we filled up on caltex "vortex" and drove about 300km, and had 1/4 tank left. we drove around for a week to use it up (we were on holiday) then filled up with shell optimax and drove back the exact same way. and arrived home with 3/4 tank of petrol left

mobil synergy is the best, but not available everywhere. i did some research a while ago, called petrol companies and the like, and decided bp ulitmate was better than shell optimax. those are the only 3 i'd consider, no other fuel is even worth putting in your car
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thats the best marketing ploy by Shell Petrol Stations EVER...

Wonder if Hungry Jacks will make chain e-mails to boycott McDonalds ....

Stupid people, it doesnt matter who you buy the oil from.. your still gonna get screwed.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What people forget when they start this sort of crap email is that these petrol stations are franchises. If you stop going and buying your petrol there, you also stop buying your sundries there and in the end Mr and Mrs Service Station can't put food on the table.
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone noticed that BP and SHELL fuels come from the same refinary at clyde
so if your not going to buy BP don't buy SHELL either
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill continue to buy bp ultimate until i start regularly paying $1.50 for it

when it goes over $1.50 on a regular basis ill be buying a Honda VTR250 motorbike and driving my car on a 'sunday' basis.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, although I need my car everyday, I'll still pay up to like $2 a litre because the necessity of driving will always be more important... fuck imagine $2/L though...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes they do indeed my uncle worked for the clyde refinery as an electriacl engineer and we went to an open day there once, BP shell ampol etc all had tankers there, i think each produce their own 98 ron fuels though as that is there signature the rest they couldn't give a rats, put it this way i know that optimax and ultimate are two different fuels cos of the way my car runs on them
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i payed a 1.25 a L for BP ultimate yesterday Sad
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 13:26

What people forget when they start this sort of crap email is that these petrol stations are franchises. If you stop going and buying your petrol there, you also stop buying your sundries there and in the end Mr and Mrs Service Station can't put food on the table.

full marks to davedave for being a top aussie bloke and not minding a tiny little bit more out of his pocket to keep his fellow citizens with food on the table. i'd vote for you hey http://forums.toymods.org.au/images/message_icons/icon14.gif
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i lived in darwin (last year) standard unleaded fuel was around the 1.20 L most of the time but when we moved down here i couldn't beleive how cheap it was, some part of the N.T its around 1.30 + for standard unleaded, but really we all need fuel so we may as well pay for it.

just my 2c
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its $1.13-ish for regular unleaded around here atm Confused

remember when we were all dreading petrol going over $1/L only like a year ago? Rolling Eyes
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Super Jamie wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 16:39

full marks to davedave for being a top aussie bloke and not minding a tiny little bit more out of his pocket to keep his fellow citizens with food on the table. i'd vote for you hey http://forums.toymods.org.au/images/message_icons/icon14.gif

What you might also want to realise is that they are'nt really making money out of the petrol its just there to get ppl into the store. My uncle works as a tradesman repairing and pulling down shell and a few other servos, and the operators will regularly admit that up to 95% of profity comes from sellingpies chocalates magazine etc etc. These things cost them fuck all to buy and the mark up is huge however they may make 5-10c a litre in petrol due to the margins at which the oil suppliers operate then taxation.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 21:43

Super Jamie wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 16:39

What you might also want to realise is that they are'nt really making money out of the petrol its just there to get ppl into the store. My uncle works as a tradesman repairing and pulling down shell and a few other servos, and the operators will regularly admit that up to 95% of profity comes from sellingpies chocalates magazine etc etc. These things cost them fuck all to buy and the mark up is huge however they may make 5-10c a litre in petrol due to the margins at which the oil suppliers operate then taxation.

with that frame of mind, wouldnt they discount the fuel to get the ppl in the door buying snacks
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you still wanna make some money from the petty,
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is $1.01 / litre in townsville (cheap servo) Very Happy Twisted Evil
at the moment it is in a "dear period"

usually much cheaper than that

i pitty those people payin <$1.15

brett
Fr3aK
Regular

January 2005
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not gonna happen mate. Only when it runs out will people not go to Mobil or BP (except maybe for their excellent range of pies and porno's Very Happy ).

What about smokes then? They used to be 50c a packet. Now look at them. I know, let's not buy smokes, and force the price down!

Together we stand, divided we fall people. Let's make it happen.
sleepermx83
Regular

November 2004
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do you know you're getting what you paid for?

i filed up a 20ltr jerry can that wasn't quite empty at a shell servo and still managed to put 23ltrs in it as far as the pump was concerned.

so how do you know wtf going in your tank?

unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Sun, 24 April 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bozza wrote on Sat, 23 April 2005 14:49

just something i got off another thread. maybe should be considered as an announcement or sticky. makes for interesting reading....

Can the public rattle a massive company ???

Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP!

Apparently we are going to hit close to $1.35 a litre by the winter. If this
happens the prices will flow on down to the price of every thing we buy!
Want petrol prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united
action. Philip Hollsworth, offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain "day"
campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just
laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt ourselves"
by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it
was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with
a plan that can really work.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think
that the cost of a litre is CHEAP at .89 / .95 cents, we need to take
aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not
sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need
to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come
down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And
we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest
oil companies (which now are: BP and Mobil). If they are not selling any
petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their
prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact,
we need to reach literally millions of BP petrol buyers. It's really simple
to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how
simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to a lot
of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)
...and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so
on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will
have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (and not
buy at BP and Mobil) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this
email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION
people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet
you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together
we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 80 cents a LITRE RANGE.

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Caltex, GAS. or Gull Outlets and drive past BP and MOBIL Stations.

And what the hell do you think there gunna do once we start buying there petrol again?
FWDCelica
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Mon, 25 April 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Siktoy ra23 wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 14:21

Has anyone noticed that BP and SHELL fuels come from the same refinary at clyde
so if your not going to buy BP don't buy SHELL either

there are only 2 refineries in Sydney

Shell @ Clyde

Caltex @ Kurnell

I am sure BP import a lot of petrol from Singapore and Mobil probably do the same. Though Mobil have a refinery in Melbourne.
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Mon, 25 April 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i work at the shell refinery at clyde

i get 25% off my petrol when i buy from shell

i buy optimax

my car runs fine
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Mon, 25 April 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 15:26

ill continue to buy bp ultimate until i start regularly paying $1.50 for it

when it goes over $1.50 on a regular basis ill be buying a Honda VTR250 motorbike and driving my car on a 'sunday' basis.

Buy an old GPX or ZZR 250
400+km's from 15L is pretty good Wink

Better than the 200ish i get from 13L with my FZR250
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Mon, 25 April 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke35 - 4AGZE wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 17:38

i work at the shell refinery at clyde

i get 25% off my petrol when i buy from shell

i buy optimax

my car runs fine

lucky you....i bet your mates hate you

PS: wow im a forums junkie Twisted Evil

brett
Jayem
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Tue, 26 April 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I pay +2$(AUD) per litre. Shut up!
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Tue, 26 April 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
picked up a "Ultimate" hose on the weekend. "ARRRRRRGH 1.30...... oh fuckit car needs it"

Jayem: well said!
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP! Tue, 26 April 2005 08:36 Go to previous message
Bozza wrote on Sat, 23 April 2005 22:49

Strangely enough we aren't in the business of spamming and wouldn't even contemplate making this rubbish a sticky.

Luckily the replies from the other guys has been more about their fuel buying experience than making comment on you posting this.

This thread will now be locked.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic: Crown + GT42 almost there....(pics)
Next Topic:Do you get picked on by the cops?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:52:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085749626159668 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.