Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Matt M
Regular

January 2005
1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Wed, 20 April 2005 23:49 Go to next message
Hi everyone... this is my first post in the tech area of these forums...
ok i have spun the main bearing in my 1GGTE and therefore it is probably the best opportunity i will have to fit a 1jz, i have read a lot in this thread about other 1j conversions and there seems to be a phenomenal knowledge base as it finds its way into all sorts of cars!!!
i realise that this is not going to be a walk in the park as i cannot afford a half cut so i was wondering if anyone could help me out with what else i will need to get this thing in and running, please any tips or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So far i have in my possesion or at least with a deposit on them

1jz motor running gear but no loom
have a W58 gearbox
Bellhousing to suit including clutch pressure plate etc
Jza70 crossmember... needs new mounts
jza 70 front brake assembly
Man 1jz ecu
i need a wiring loom... anyone???
any help would be great.
allready have front mount and all that in gz so do i also need fuel pump mods? anything else i need?
Cheers Matt
  Send a private message to this user    
Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Thu, 21 April 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone?
FASTFOO
Regular

February 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Thu, 21 April 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Igniter?
Boost/map sensor?

MATT.

P.S we can build a custom loom if you want.
b/h (03)9720-3177
Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Thu, 21 April 2005 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i thought that i was going to be still missing an igniter... what is a boost map sensor? and also an rough estimates on the cost of building a custom loom? i would love to do it but i have the feeling it is going to be expensive.
cheers
matt
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Thu, 21 April 2005 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just fix the 1g
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Thu, 21 April 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jackel wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 05:13

just fix the 1g

is there an explanation for this?

Why would you want to discourage someone going 1J? Laughing
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Thu, 21 April 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have an igniter. If you want to buy it PM me Smile
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Thu, 21 April 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A freshly rebuilt engine is always better than a "low km import" engine Wink

Better = more reliable, not always more powerful
Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Fri, 22 April 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but i wanted to put a 1J in it anyways... so why not now?

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Fri, 22 April 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be warned, the wiring can be a pig. Due to the lack of wiring diagrams for the GZ20 or GA70s.
But all is not impossible

--takai from Mr1G's login
Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Fri, 22 April 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank you for the warning... extra care will now be taken before everything is pulled apart... so OK anyone know where i can get my hands on a loom and also wiring diagrams... got an igniter now pending reply to pm Very Happy
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Fri, 22 April 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you can find 1J diagrams in the tech docs.
Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Fri, 22 April 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks man Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Fri, 22 April 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.1jzgte.us I think it is for heaps of 1jz diagrams. If you are after a chaser wiring diagram they seem to be quite difficult to find. I would think that you would be after a jza70 one though. No idea about gz20 wiring though. Speak to Danish as he has done it and I suppose someone must be wiring Mr 1ggte's soon as well.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Fri, 22 April 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, im wiring MR1Gs, its a royal pain in the arse. Especially if you ahve a cut loom :S And a digidash to deal with :S

Let me repeat it again, wiring these things up is arse on a monumental scale.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Fri, 22 April 2005 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stop whinging and get back to wiring that car!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Fri, 22 April 2005 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Sat, 23 April 2005 00:50

Stop whinging and get back to wiring that car!

yeah chris stop lazing about Razz

j/k man Wink
Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Fri, 22 April 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok will look into that site when i have a little more time... thank you very much for all the suggestions guys and i am waiting for danish to come online as i rudely just added him to msn. Anyone else with any info they want to impart or just talk some sh1t feel free to add ME on nitnat79@msn.com
cheers everyone
Matt
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sat, 23 April 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Fri, 22 April 2005 20:07

www.1jzgte.us I think it is for heaps of 1jz diagrams. .

the URL is infact <http://www.1jzgte.com/> but great find chris - we can use it to confuse wilbo even further with his attempts to identify the auto-g/box stuff in his engine loom Laughing
Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sat, 23 April 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome.. thanks so much Very Happy that is going to definitely help.. thank you again Very Happy
acmtt
Regular

March 2003
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sun, 24 April 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SO on the list is..

Two cam gears ( free to you , but no guarantees Smile )
Crossmember
brakes
1JZ
Flywheel
Clutch
Slave cyl
Bellhousing
Igniter
ecu?

Need list is
Loom
Sump?
?
? there must be more

[Updated on: Sun, 24 April 2005 02:42]

Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sun, 24 April 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ECU. why does that have a question mark behind it bb?
as for the sump? have we found out if it is front sump? that is what i need yeah?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sun, 24 April 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rear sump will botl straight into a GZ20 as long as you modify the engine mounts or get custom urethane ones Smile

Gbox X member will line right up too Smile
Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sun, 24 April 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome news.... Very Happy thanks mate
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sun, 24 April 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I was well chuffed when i found out it fit too Smile

you will need a custom tailshaft tho, the measurements for mine were 1295mm from the start of the output spline seal on the gearbox to the start of the yoke of the diff, fit like a glove too Smile
Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sun, 24 April 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm... i am keeping the W58 till it dies a horribly silvery grinding noisy death mate Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sun, 24 April 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh ok, then i dont know if the GB X member will line up correctly, I know it did with my R154, the W58 might be another story tho Confused

might need a custom mount or some more holes Smile
Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sun, 24 April 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah ok... well that is something to bear in mind and allow cash for then :S
acmtt
Regular

March 2003
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sun, 24 April 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ECU is dependent on loom that you get
The ecu you have available is from a JZZ30, if you get a JZA loom you will need a JZA ecu. HTey have different pinout configurations AFAIK.
Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sun, 24 April 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah ok with ya now Very Happy
that makes a lot of sense Very Happy
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sun, 24 April 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh, this is a bolt in conversion. I watched the wiring on my car get done. It took 3.5 hours. and everything worked. Modifying engine mounts? whats that crap about.... Am I the only one that realized before my conversion, that you take a JZA 70 cut, unbolt the crossmember with everything attached (engine,gearbox, steering rack etc) wheel it over to your gutted mz21 and bolt it all up BECAUSE IT ALL FITS AND EVERY BOLT BOLTS UP
Rolling Eyes
The only part of Matts conversion that is not bolt up is the gearbox crossmember which possibly may even fit with the original tailshaft as R154 and W58 are relatively similar in length.

If anyone feels like doubting what i say, pm mz21shiznac on these forums and ask if his car is good or crap.

I have organized to give matt the correct information on this conversion via private means. why dont people do thier research before wasting time and money with pointless modifications...

[Updated on: Sun, 24 April 2005 14:31]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sun, 24 April 2005 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine bolted in using a GZ20 X member Smile

I had to modify the mounts becuase the angles on them were a bit too extreme, now they sit just nicely Smile

so BEFORE YOU FLAME OTHERS MAYBE FIND OUT ALL THE DETAILS...why spend the extra $1000 on a front cut if you dont need it Smile
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sun, 24 April 2005 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not flaming man, and the comments arent personal, I have been pmed/emailed by many people who are halfway through the conversion having issues and have had custom everything made and have wasted countless dollars. not sure what your sitch was.
my half cut cost me 1500 dollars all up after I paid for it and then sold all the bits I didnt need. and im am continually surprised by the amount of people that attempt this conversion before finding out the basic fact that the MZ and MA/JZA chassis are identical and that a JZA70 halfcut makes for a bolt in job.

Itt may be a little cheaper not to buy a halfcut but jacking the car and halfcut up and wheeling crossmeber out of one and into another then lowering the body onto it and bolting it all up is alot easier than the alternative methodsthat can be had. ( and for those that whinge of not having a hoist, this was done with stands and trolley jacks.
Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Mon, 25 April 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome news. and yes i had already gone out and got the JZA70 crossmember as i had heard that this made things a LOT easier. but thank you for all your tips and suggestions everyone as i DID ask for anyone and everyone to tell me what they new that would help. thanks again. and JAZE... when are you on msn man?
cheers
Matt
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Mon, 25 April 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry for getting all arky about it, its just i got the impression you were reffering to my posts as crap, as I have just finished the installation and unbelivably it all fits with only some minor modifcations to the stock JZA70 engine mounts Smile
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Mon, 25 April 2005 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate
im doin the same conversion and yeh the 1j slips str8 in cause it uses the same engine mounts which means u dont even have 2 engineer the new engine!!!
the only hard part is the wiring and the newer soarers which have the 1j stock have the same size dash as the gz's etc so if u also swap the dash's it will b easier 4 wiring
Nathan
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sat, 07 May 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it doesn't have to be engineered??!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sat, 07 May 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it does have to be engineered becuase the car never came with that engine from the factory
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sat, 07 May 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 19:04

it does have to be engineered becuase the car never came with that engine from the factory

That's what I thought
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sat, 07 May 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont try to get soemone to make u a loom it might cost u more than the engine

i dont know why people buy things incomplete but i dont know the reasons for this one so ill let u off

most of th etime i find buying a complete set is cheaper if u look at the time wasted and the price of parts seperately

anyway a 2nd hand loom might be worth anyhting around 300 dollars to 400 dollars

especially if theres not many around

if u are looking for a loom to be made then i could possibly make u one but u might be looking at around 700 to 800 to get one made and that does not include wiring it to yr car
and u would need all the plugs for injectors tps ignitor etc

so i hope u slowly start to see why not to buy seprate

unless u are goin aftermarket ecu
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Sat, 07 May 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TT_50AR wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 01:47

hey mate
im doin the same conversion and yeh the 1j slips str8 in cause it uses the same engine mounts which means u dont even have 2 engineer the new engine!!!
the only hard part is the wiring and the newer soarers which have the 1j stock have the same size dash as the gz's etc so if u also swap the dash's it will b easier 4 wiring
Nathan

yes i think some1 has misinformed you on that one my n/a aw11 now has a gze in it and uses the n/a mounts (cause they were in better nic) that means i dont have to get it engineered officer truly i tell you.

[Updated on: Sat, 07 May 2005 11:18]

Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Tue, 17 May 2005 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, well i got the motor cheap from friends of my bro's and also the loom has come in as not too expensive either! really i have managed by whining whinging and crying/begging to get some half decent deals from the internet and if this conversion is ever done one day i will post up a complete break down of the price for people on here that are thinking of going the same route!
so changing the dash as well? i wondered about this! now do i need to get the dash to suit the Loom? ie JZA70 dash to suit JZA loom? or can a JZZ30 dash work with JZA loom?
cheers
Matt
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Wed, 18 May 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The correct site was http://www.1jz-gte.us/92Supra6.html
sorry about that.

Hmm, I wouldn't bother about swapping dashes as you are not even sure if either of those would physically fit in. I think it is more trouble that it is worth personally.
Matt M
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZ install in GZ20 Soarer Wed, 18 May 2005 09:33 Go to previous message
they would probably fit! but as you said... more work. i can always get a "colour" kit put thru my gz one Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sealed beam => halogen conversion gone wrong....
Next Topic:Conversion from US 3SGTE (91) to JAP 3SGTE (94)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:36:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075950622558594 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.