Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4AGE pressure plate fits 2TG!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
4AGE pressure plate fits 2TG! Sun, 24 April 2005 07:29 Go to next message
whilst dreaming about possibilities of finding a heavier clutch for my 2tg/3t hybrid today, i thought ide check out the 4age at my houses clutch, i noticed similar stud pattern so took it off, and it bolts right up to my fly!
right diamater clutch plate and all, even the fingers extend from the fly the same distance, so just thought ide let everyone know as its a cheap way to find a heavier clutch, 4age clutch is exedy and looks much tuffer

now i need to decide, do i put on the 300 000 km old 4age pressure plate, or buy a new 4age pressure plate, or an aftermarket 2tg/3t one... Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 4AGE pressure plate fits 2TG! Sun, 24 April 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesseT18 wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 15:29

whilst dreaming about possibilities of finding a heavier clutch for my 2tg/3t hybrid today, i thought ide check out the 4age at my houses clutch, i noticed similar stud pattern so took it off, and it bolts right up to my fly!
right diamater clutch plate and all, even the fingers extend from the fly the same distance, so just thought ide let everyone know as its a cheap way to find a heavier clutch, 4age clutch is exedy and looks much tuffer

now i need to decide, do i put on the 300 000 km old 4age pressure plate, or buy a new 4age pressure plate, or an aftermarket 2tg/3t one... Confused

youve got clear gearbox + bellhousing? what difference do looks make mate? lol

buy a new 4age one Smile

Eldar.O.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 4AGE pressure plate fits 2TG! Sun, 24 April 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks much tuffer as in- looks to me like its a stronger clutch with more clamping pressure
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGE pressure plate fits 2TG! Sun, 24 April 2005 12:31 Go to previous message
Yes, they do interchange. I actually used a heavy duty 3TC clutch kit on my 4AGTE originally.

Just to be clear though, its only the early BLUETOP 86kw 4AGE that fits, not the later 100kw & 20 valves, as they are 1/2" bigger diameter.

I'm not so sure that the 4AG has more clamp though.... its always been a problem to build enough clamp into the toyota 200mm pressure plates... there's a bunch of "4AGE/TE clutch" threads posted previously. For an N/A setup though, i'm sure you'd be fine.

Cheers
Phil
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE92 Corolla Tape Deck Help
Next Topic:ST165 gearbox won't come off
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:21:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005281925201416 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.