Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corolla-Germany
Newcomer

April 2005
4E-FE to 4E-FTE??? Help needed Sun, 24 April 2005 09:45 Go to next message
hello,

in germany no many people start to put an turbo or complet Enginge-swap at Corolla e10. Iàm planing to fit an turbo ftom VW/audi at my engine...Biggest problem here in germany is, to get sparepart for orignial Toyota-Turbo, we have no 4E-FTE, we must import everything, So i want to fit an part which is easy to get.

My bigget Problem is the e-management, the original Toyota-ECU can'b be programmed, so what can i use to programm the ecu? A completely free programmable ECU is very expensive
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4E-FE to 4E-FTE??? Help needed Sun, 24 April 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
japanese companies like gReddy and HKS make "piggy back" computers, which help the ecu manage turbo boost by controlling fuel. This would be your cheapest option without going for a stand-alone computer, the cheapest which still go for AUD$1k+
Corolla-Germany
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: 4E-FE to 4E-FTE??? Help needed Sun, 24 April 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at www.gtn.ch i can buy an e-manage unit, link:
http://www.gtn.ch/gtn2/gtnprod.nsf/(luw_infomailpr oduct/B3E81F7800352DCFC1256FED0037182A?EditDocumen t

would this fit?

nex problem is the compression rate, how can i get the original compression from 9.6 down to 8.2????

My idea: put in the 4e-fe an piston from 5e-fe..I think this one is not so high, so i can reduce de compression? but it's big work to put in nuw pistons.
Or can i bye an other head-gasket??

[Updated on: Sun, 24 April 2005 10:47]

digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: 4E-FE to 4E-FTE??? Help needed Mon, 25 April 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why not go for the 4A-GZE block and turbo it? The wider heads will yield more power than the 4A-FE narrow heads.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4E-FE to 4E-FTE??? Help needed Mon, 25 April 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
because 4E to 4E is basically bolt in.
4E to 4A will require much more fabrication
Corolla-Germany
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: 4E-FE to 4E-FTE??? Help needed Tue, 26 April 2005 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
next problem why i don't swap to 4agze is, i would get no "TÜV"...its an institution which check the car after tuning..an the have very hard conditions..the only thing is to make 4e-e to 4E-FTE, becaus the power...the original brake system is only to 120HP usable...

next problem is the emission, it is also ruled in germany, an car which is tuned is not allowed to getworst emission the original car...an with an 4agze this would be the bigest prob.

Got anyone Idea how to reduce the compression rate?? selfmad head gasket?? which material? Copper?

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2005 21:04]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4E-FE to 4E-FTE??? Help needed Tue, 26 April 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best way to reduce compression is to change your pistons. 4e ran 9.6 compression, 4e-fte ran 8.2, so you need to drop it by a fait margin (although not all the way to 8.2)
Corolla-Germany
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: 4E-FE to 4E-FTE??? Help needed Wed, 27 April 2005 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@draven
If i use other pistons, they must be neuw, i must drill out the bore. a new piston cost nearly 65¤... I think selfmade gasket is less expensive
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4E-FE to 4E-FTE??? Help needed Thu, 28 April 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah ok, I wasn't sure how much of a budget you were on
10sec_rx7
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: 4E-FE to 4E-FTE??? Help needed Thu, 28 April 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my stock 4efe makes 178hp at the tyres, totally stock internals on 15psi boost with my td04l turbo kit and water to air intercooler

i do plug in microtechs for the 4efe, no wiring required,

as for the gze making more power than a 4efte, i have a customer that makes 348hp at the tyres with no gas, i reciently fitted a gas kit but the clutch cant handle it on any more than 12psi boost,

dont lower the compression, leave it stock, keep the boost under 17psi with a good tune and you will have no problems

dale

Corolla-Germany
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: 4E-FE to 4E-FTE??? Help needed Thu, 28 April 2005 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leave compression at stock?? never...i would kill teh engine... 17PSI this are nearly 1,3BAR..normal turbo runs with 0,8bar... so I couldn't believe this

I reduce kompression with copper-gasket...and i think at driveing with 7 Psi at max...
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: 4E-FE to 4E-FTE??? Help needed Fri, 29 April 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think some of the Audi turbos run 10:1 compression ratio, so with the mild amount of boost you want to run (7 PSI), the stock compression ratio would be fine as long as you had a decent intercooler system & a good tune.

HKS make a turbo kit for the Mitsubishi FTO, which runs the MIVEC (like Hondas VTEC) & has 10.5:1 compression ratio. They just made sure that the boost was kept under 10PSI & had a largish intercooler.
Corolla-Germany
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: 4E-FE to 4E-FTE??? Help needed Sat, 30 April 2005 14:34 Go to previous message
got anyone an used MAP-sensor an one used knock sensor from 4efte...in germany i couldn find...

which boost I later would drive, don't know....we will see

[Updated on: Sat, 30 April 2005 14:35]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone know anything about KYB "super streets"?
Next Topic:Engine conversion for Toyota Corolla AWD wagon
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 13:36:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004957914352417 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.