Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » Ae86 Sprinter for sale SOLD ($1,500)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
ae86Sprint
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Ae86 Sprinter for sale SOLD ($1,500) Sun, 24 August 2003 03:27 Go to next message
aiks, so many ae86 on the market.... hope im not late, heres mine aswell.

1984 ae86 sprinter, stocka, white.
looking for $3k hopefully.

Market value of sprinters are dropping now, so need to get rid of mine before its too late, as i realise the project for a ae86 is too expensive (suspension, mags, engine, respray,lsd, bodykit etc..), and yeah im a initial d nut Confused this car is perfect for a project if u have the bucks.

PM me if anyone interested, im situated in Melb.

[Updated on: Fri, 29 August 2003 08:31]

Send a private message to this user  
Solo
Regular

May 2003

Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Sun, 24 August 2003 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics?

another sprinter on the market!!! I've already seen 4 this week in melbourne Evil or Very Mad , supply exceed demands! wow Shocked
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Sun, 24 August 2003 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't have said that Smile

depreciation you know Smile
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Sun, 24 August 2003 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone care to explain why the market value is dropping?

Poolshark
Regular

February 2003

Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Sun, 24 August 2003 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer i think the market is holding fairly strong
would be stronger if everyone wasnt selling but there is still a hell of a lot of demand
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Sun, 24 August 2003 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Initial D is dying off... version 2 arcade isn't doing to well... but with the new series comming out and a new arcade version planned... we could see it jump up again...
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Sun, 24 August 2003 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think that a 'new series' or new arcade game is going to boost prices or popularity. Because it's not really going to attract any NEW fans. It will only keep the interest of current fans alive.

I reckon that many people bought sprinters after seeing initial D (3 stages). These people expected it to be a good, reliable performer. However, these cars are old rattly, and underpowered. Requires a bit of repair. Performance parts and conversions are far and wide. What's more, it doesn't even have trueno pop lights, so it doesn't even look like takumis car.

I reckon a lot of people have given up hope, cause the cost of doing an 86 to be a reliable performance driver is the same price as some decent sports car (fc3s rx7, silivias/180, mr2 sw20). That's the reason why you see these cars for sale, and alot of them are bone stock or have half baked performance modifications.

rock on.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 August 2003 11:11]

Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Sun, 24 August 2003 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey there..got pic of your sprinter and full details on the condition on the car as well..

super_styling@hotmail.com

cheers
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Sun, 24 August 2003 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shcao wrote on Sun, 24 August 2003 21:10

I reckon that many people bought sprinters after seeing initial D (3 stages). These people expected it to be a good, reliable performer. However, these cars are old rattly, and underpowered. Requires a bit of repair. Performance parts and conversions are far and wide. What's more, it doesn't even have trueno pop lights, so it doesn't even look like takumis car.

rock on.

What the hell ? i have a prefect condition ae86 aus spec which i took to the track and it was soo bloody fun to drive even more fun then my other car which is actually quicker ... but being quick isnt always fun , other then being a joy to drive it stuck to the road like nothing and the brakes never faded at all. And to top it off i was clocking laps faster then late model civic's and lancers and was keeping up to a sprinter with 4age full disc brakes and LSD where i had none of those.

They handle well , are fun to drive and are simple to work on.

And just because i have a ae86 doesnt mean i own a tofu shop.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Sun, 24 August 2003 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Widowmaker,

People sometimes are fortunate enough to find good condition sprinters... such as yourself.
You trying to tell me that almost *ALL* sprinters is in the condition yours is in(!?!). I've shopped around b4 you know.

True being quick isn't always fun. That's why you can have fun on a pushy!
But people buy the sprinter on the notion of it being, or potentially being, a performance vehicle. Performance means speed combined with an all round suspension and brake package!

Anyways, if speed doesn't matter, why mention the fact that you were faster than civics and lancers? Pretty contradictory.

I'm suprised you managed to keep up with a 4age/lsd sprinter. The dudes at toyota really must've wasted their time and effort developing the 4age aye? What fools, twin cam/EFI technology is for suckers.
And who needs traction around corners? The jokes are on those idiots who wasted 2k on a sprinter T series diff right????

Quote:

I reckon that many people bought sprinters after seeing initial D (3 stages).

i said *MANY*, not all.
i said *MANY*, not all.
Besides, wots wrong with that? Initial D introduces drifting to many people for the first time. And just cause they buy an ae86, doesn't mean they want to be exclusively like takumi. They think the driving style is cool, so natuarally, they buy a vehicle which allows it. I reckon ID has also effected the sales of silvias/180sx, rx7s and skylines.

I know there is a large portion of you guys who were passionate about the ae86 before seeing initial D. But I also know there are many who've only considered one after seeing initial D. There is know shame in admitting it. The ae86 is an awesome car, and Initial D captures it's spirit very well. The ae86 was often underrated and underrepresented before the show. How are people meant to know about it if the car has had no exposure?

And since when did I incinuate that ALL sprinter drivers were tofu shop owners? Don't have to be so pensive.

Lighten up dude.
Sorry heaps about the thread hijack, but I felt like i had to speak up.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 August 2003 14:57]

Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Sun, 24 August 2003 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shcao wrote on Mon, 25 August 2003 00:37

Widowmaker,

People sometimes are fortunate enough to find good condition sprinters... such as yourself.
You trying to tell me that almost *ALL* sprinters is in the condition yours is in(!?!). I've shopped around b4 you know.

True being quick isn't always fun. That's why you can have fun on a pushy!
But people buy the sprinter on the notion of it being, or potentially being, a performance vehicle. Performance means speed combined with an all round suspension and brake package!

Anyways, if speed doesn't matter, why mention the fact that you were faster than civics and lancers? Pretty contradictory.

I'm suprised you managed to keep up with a 4age/lsd sprinter. The dudes at toyota really must've wasted their time and effort developing the 4age aye? What fools, twin cam/EFI technology is for suckers.
And who needs traction around corners? The jokes are on those idiots who wasted 2k on a sprinter T series diff right????

Quote:

I reckon that many people bought sprinters after seeing initial D (3 stages).

i said *MANY*, not all.
Besides, wots wrong with that? Initial D introduces drifting to many people for the first time. And just cause they buy an ae86, doesn't mean they want to be exclusively like takumi. They think the driving style is cool, so natuarally, they buy a vehicle which allows it. I reckon ID has also effected the sales of silvias/180sx, rx7s and skylines.

I know there is a large portion of you guys who were passionate about the ae86 before seeing initial D. But I also know there are many who've only considered one after seeing initial D. There is know shame in admitting it. The ae86 is an awesome car, and Initial D captures it's spirit very well. The ae86 was often underrated and underrepresented before the show. How are people meant to know about it if the car has had no exposure?

And since when did I incinuate that ALL sprinter drivers were tofu shop owners? Don't have to be so pensive.

Lighten up dude.
Sorry heaps about the thread hijack, but I felt like i had to speak up.

rock on

You seem to think that everyone who has a ae86 has one because they want to drift and be like Takumi and i was making a point of it.

And i said its not always about speed which it isnt, but then you said that the stock ae86 aus spec was shit i go on to say that it can still hold its on against car's 20 years on , now could you say that for an excel in 20 years time ?

And perhaps your right maybe they did waste money , but then again maybe they did such a great job with the aus spec that its still can be as good as a jap spec depending on the driver.

Notwithstanding step off your high horse and face some facts that just because people watch the simpsons doesnt make them want to become Homer , and the fact that the ae86 aus spec is a fairly decent car.

LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Sun, 24 August 2003 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Initial D will still make the car even more popular when the dubbed american version comes out onto cartoon network [This will no doubt create new fans, as some don't know it exists due to it being japanese]. Just think what it'll be like as a popular anime for westerners.

I doubt the unpopularity or vice versa of the arcade game would make a difference. I mean, the people who play those games either can't afford one [which is why the play the game], or are one of those honkies who buys a brand new sti or is200.

Hey could you email me your ph. no ae86sprint asap? @ mic@4age.net
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Mon, 25 August 2003 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe mic... have u seen the review for the american dubbed ID? its so funny to read... they bag it non-stop...
sprintin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Mon, 25 August 2003 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man I'm onto my second ae86 and I love them. I haven't seen ID and I probably never will. Ae86's are cool and unique because they are a rare 2 door RWD and are as reliable as anything. My first ae86 had 350,000k's on the clock on the original motor and it will easily get to 400,000. Easy to work on and are fun to drive.

Man good luck with the sale. Ae86's are an awesome unique car and have become a lifestyle..

Cheers..
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Tue, 26 August 2003 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with the above,
Ive been a fan of the sprinter and its variants since my older bro picked one up when i was about 15, im now 23 and they still kick ass even though their not the quickest thing out there, they sure are fun!

If your a true lover of the ae86, mod it to wat you want from it, not just wat the trends seem to be at the time.

anyway, hopefully one day i will have the budjet to find a nice straight example and make itb an all round weapon!
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Tue, 26 August 2003 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Widowmaker the aus sprinter isn't really anything much in stock form, I know mine was stock once too Smile
Yes I did have fun in it, but any rwd car could do the same.
It doesn't really resemble anything of what its like when a little more hp gets under the hood, doesn't need to be huge but the 4age makes it so much better and some better suspension is put on it then is when it starts to shine.
Either you are a great driver or the other guy was crap, cos there is no way a stock sprinter could keep up with a 4age with suspension done.

Basically get a sprinter and mod it Evil or Very Mad
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Thu, 28 August 2003 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86Sprint...U got a PM!!
ae86Sprint
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale Fri, 29 August 2003 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry for the late reply guys & sorry to the ppl i havent replied to, been busy, but finally got a buyer, sold it for $1,500 Very Happy oh well better than nothing.
Truzeno
Regular

February 2003
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale SOLD ($1,500) Fri, 29 August 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wanna cry!!! I so would have bought it for that price or even upto the original 3G. Waaaah
r_simpson19
Regular

April 2005
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale SOLD ($1,500) Sun, 24 April 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone have a sprinter for sale??? im looking for something of average condition.. around the $2000 mark.

please let me know ASAP

r_simpson19@hotmail.com

SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale SOLD ($1,500) Sun, 24 April 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
r_simpson19 wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 14:57

Does anyone have a sprinter for sale??? im looking for something of average condition.. around the $2000 mark.

please let me know ASAP

r_simpson19@hotmail.com

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale SOLD ($1,500) Sun, 24 April 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh good this noob only dug up a 2 year old post, they are getting better!
r_simpson19
Regular

April 2005
Re: Ae86 Sprinter for sale SOLD ($1,500) Sun, 24 April 2005 13:02 Go to previous message
Shut up man!

Im only new to this forum thing.

EAT ME! I would use more lude language, but that would make me lower than you!- looks like a limbo move tuff to make.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:SOLD: KE20 Corolla
Next Topic:ae82 twincam hatch 100kw
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:20:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072550773620605 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.