Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corolli
Newcomer

April 2005
4age 20v Ae101 swap Sun, 24 April 2005 02:30 Go to next message
I have 95 corolla with a 20v 4age installed now i have to worry about wiring there are 4 plugs that come from the wiring harness from the engine that leads inside the car... 2 go to the ecu the other 2 hook up to the body harness the 2 that connects to the body harness does not have the wire pinouts in the right place. does anyone know what wires i should connect or were can i get this info so that i can do it myself. because i want to start my car and get it running.....need help thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
kewp
Regular

March 2004
Re: 4age 20v Ae101 swap Sun, 24 April 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those plugs have got power and signals for the dash and a couple of other things. I think there is a big fat white one for power, yellow for temp sens, red/yellow for alternator, black for tacho, blue? for oil press. I can't remember if that is all correct. You need to get the alternator wired properly, it gets 12V from the dash loom somewhere, and won't work without it.
Corolli
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: 4age 20v Ae101 swap Sun, 24 April 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure about these wires becuase im going to connect them myself. please tell me all the info you know on the connection of the wires....i appreciate this info thank you...
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 4age 20v Ae101 swap Sun, 24 April 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you send me the looms i can make u a loom that will plug straight in

to do the job properly takes about 5 hours

because u have plugs under the dash and you also have to do the wiring at the fuse box area

tryin to tell you what to do over the forums would take years

Corolli
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: 4age 20v Ae101 swap Mon, 25 April 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you want me to send you the engine harness from the 20v, did you already do this swap? where are you located.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 April 2005 00:07]

Corolli
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: 4age 20v Ae101 swap Mon, 25 April 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw your website $600 to wire it is way too much i could get it wired for $400 but i was trying to save money and to do it myself because i am running low on funds....if you can please help me out that would be great...
Corolli
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: 4age 20v Ae101 swap Mon, 25 April 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and im located in florida..
kewp
Regular

March 2004
Re: 4age 20v Ae101 swap Mon, 25 April 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did a blacktop 20v into an AE82 so it may not be the same, anyway here is how the body loom looked on mine

Black - tacho
big fat white - +12V
big fat black - starter motor
Black/yellow - +12V for Alternator
Yellow/white - Charge warning light
Yellow/black - oil press.
yellow/green - coolent temp
green/red - fuel pump relay
also there is +12V for injectors and +12V for coil, but i can't remember what colour they were.

The 20v is hard to wire if you have never done it before, better off getting it done proffesionally
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 4age 20v Ae101 swap Mon, 25 April 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
let me guess - there is a grey plug and a black plug??

these two are some of the wires which come from the engine and connect to the BODY LOOM of the car the engine originally came from.

They will have things like water temp, oil light, charge light, speedo signal, air con wires, reverse switch etc etc..... Im sure with a multimeter and a little time you can work just about all of them out.... i did.
Corolli
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: 4age 20v Ae101 swap Mon, 25 April 2005 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea the witzl thats exactly the plugs im talking about if you have done it can you tell me the color of the wires that connect to each other i will pay you to find out the info....
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 4age 20v Ae101 swap Tue, 26 April 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im more about freedom of information and giving people the opportunity to learn and better their skills.

Quite simply sit there with your friend and a multimeter with a continuity buzzer.
Set the multimeter to the continutity buzzer (this will make it beep when the two probes are connected via a wire) and start finding out where each of the wires go to in the loom.

Sit there with a note book and write down all the colour wires and pin locations and note where they go... much like i did here:
AE101 4A-GZE body-engine plugs
**note these wont be the same as the 20v, but might be similar.

They will simply go to things like the gearbox for the electronic speedo drive and reverse swtich, the top radiator outlet for the water temp, the block for the oil light, etc etc etc.... and from there you should be able to work it out by matching them up with similar wires that went to the original engine's corresponding sensors.
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4age 20v Ae101 swap Tue, 26 April 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate, I've got fairly well drawn diagrams for a B/top 20V which is pretty similar, along with the pinout's on the ECU, I can fax these to you... The colours vary from model to model ie AE101 B/top has completely different codes to AE111 B/top, which Differ to the AE101 levin S/top, Which Differ to My FX-GT Seca... Go Figure! So just follow the Pinout's and yes this engine is running fine.
Corolli
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: 4age 20v Ae101 swap Wed, 27 April 2005 01:46 Go to previous message
i dont think i can do this myself, i am going to proably save to get the wiring done $400.... Sad Crying or Very Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:axles for LSD'd 4AGZE
Next Topic:1JZ Gearbox
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 00:46:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057768821716309 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.