Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Ae101 4agze into ae92 conversion - wiring issues Sun, 24 April 2005 05:35 Go to next message
Hi

Im doing a 4agze conversion into a ae92 and i have come across a problem. The loom for the motor seems like its part of the body loom...when i did my bros ma70 supra the engine harness just went through the firewall and pluged onto the computer...so im kind of confused....sorry if this is a n00b question but i need some advice

cheers

Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Ae101 4agze into ae92 conversion - wiring issues Sun, 24 April 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well yeah, you will have 1 or 2 plugs that will go into the body loom, these are usually things like senders for guages, fuel pump, wires drawing for the ignition, power supplys to lights, etc.

Do you actually have a question?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Ae101 4agze into ae92 conversion - wiring issues Sun, 24 April 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes there are two plugs (black and grey) from the engine loom which connect to parts of the body electrics. Tpyically things like guage signals, fuel pumps and relays, a/c stuff etc etc etc.

I have drawn diagrams for most of them... what is your question?
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Ae101 4agze into ae92 conversion - wiring issues Mon, 25 April 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i just need someone to tell me how to go about wiring up the new motor without ending up with 2 fuse boxes....im pretty crap with electrics and dont even know where to start....

there is a bunch of wires which go through the firewall to the ecu....and there is a whole lot of wires that run in a loom around the perimiter of the bonnet....with like 24 or so plugs that run off it....for abs and lights and indicators and all that crap...

now im guessing that we dont need all that stuff as the car the engine is going into already has it.....therefore i dont know where to cut the harness or how to mate it with the one from the ae92....

so plz dont treat me like a moron, its completly unnecesary, im just asking as i dont know and dont want to go to an auto electrician because like every1 else on toymods im here to learn... Rolling Eyes

also witzl where are these diagrams u have drawn and would it be possible for me to d/l them

cheers

Adam
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Ae101 4agze into ae92 conversion - wiring issues Mon, 25 April 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the gze conversion i did, i ONLY used the loom from the front cut which started at the ECU with the two ecu plugs, and those two body loom plugs i mentioned...... this is the engine loom.

Now yes some parts are connected to other bits in the engine bay... simply unplug these and note where they came from.

Of course you also need the 3rd ECU plug... i separated this from the body loom so that it came with the engine loom (this plug has some wires from engine, and some from body.

Now just label everything. The bits of the engine loom which connect to the body are only simple things like alternator power output, IGN (via EFI main relay, you can still use the one in your car), and one or two other things.

I have the pic, but its from my dodgy scrap book which usually only i can understand.... (note 800k pic)

http://www.witzl.com/tech/body loom plugs pinouts.jpg
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Ae101 4agze into ae92 conversion - wiring issues Thu, 28 April 2005 16:35 Go to previous message
thanx for ur help...and your right i couldnt make anything out of that pic... Rolling Eyes getting the wiring done by a mate tommorow....gave it a shot today and i give up...i suck at electrics

cheers anyway

Adam
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ma61 wiring pin out. anyone got one?
Next Topic:going back to carbs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 12:52:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052130222320557 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.