Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 18R-C Engine Emissions Controls

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
78rona
Occasional Poster

April 2005
icon4.gif  18R-C Engine Emissions Controls Mon, 25 April 2005 02:38 Go to next message
Hey guys, just wondering bout the emission control system in my 78 Rona. I want to rip it out cos sum parts of it are startin to play up. If i take it all out, will the engine still run ok?? I guess i will need to get it tuned properly! In other words, do i need that junk in there and if not, will everything still run ok? Also, by means of emission controls, what should i rip out?? How far can you go? Does anyone have any pics of their R-C with this done so i can compare?? Thanks for your help!!

[Updated on: Mon, 25 April 2005 06:21]

Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 18R-C Engine Emissions Controls Mon, 25 April 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only thing to tune in an RC is the timing - and all you need is a 12mm spanner and a timing light

yes- by all means remove the emissions crap - it never really did much except run-on control when you switch off - keep the charcoal cannister setup otherwise you'll be venting petrol fumes somewhere.

if you unplug stuff, make sure there are no holes left sucking in air or venting exhaust fumes.

if the engine is approaching fubar-ness find an EFI replacement and waste no more money on the RC - in my opinion (and experience) it's not worth it.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 18R-C Engine Emissions Controls Mon, 25 April 2005 09:26 Go to previous message
if it has the air injection, you can just unscrew the plugs which go into the exhaust ports, take all tubes out and then weld up the plugs and put them back in.

then you can get rid of the air pump and all the crap that goes with it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HKS Hiper-D coilovers : who can tell me how to adjust, or knows of someone who does?
Next Topic:5ME Water pump/timing belt change
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 02:11:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051121711730957 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.