Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Petrol Prices for the future?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: Petrol Prices for the future? Mon, 18 April 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Mon, 18 April 2005 18:38

its retarded, mind u alot of australia's vehicles are diesels, Land Cruisers, Hi-Lux + all military vehicles and trucks etc etc are all diesels so maybe its gone up cause of the number of vehicles that require it!

not to mention all the farmers and their equiptment aswell, mind you its getting Pretty F#ucking dusty out here and nothing is growing anyway so that means you have to sell the stock so with fuel prices like they are (to bloody high) its making things difficult for alot of farmers
  Send a private message to this user    
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Petrol Prices for the future? Mon, 18 April 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very true
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Petrol Prices for the future? Sun, 24 April 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is $1.01 per litre in townsville hehehe Very Happy

probly average of $1.03

fark, its pretty high down south

i would think that high prices would just encourage people to walk or ride to work. So, they would probly make more money from fuel taxes if they lowered it slightly to get people back into driving.

brett
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Petrol Prices for the future? Sun, 24 April 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why the politians don't care about the price of petrol is... Who Funds the Petrol for their government cars? *Cough* Taxpayers *Cough* and who pays for the parking? We do of course!

So there you have it... the Government covers one eye as they look after themselves and don't care about the average man trying to make an honest days living...

*End of rant*

Cheers.
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Petrol Prices for the future? Sun, 24 April 2005 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you poor guys, I feel so sorry for you.
especially when im paying only 1.27 Eu per litre (2.125 AUD) per litre. Mad

If you think youve got it bad now, and wonder how high the price will go, you are reading correctly. As of 24th april purchasing of regular fuel here in finland, ( which is cheaper than france and switzerland) was equiv of 2.12 AUD per liter. Enjoy it while its cheap boys, and if you dont have a good job, go buy a swift 1.3 and try not to think of how likely you are to get reamed by a mum in a landcruiser.

But seriously though, John Howard is a pherets bunghole.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Petrol Prices for the future? Sun, 24 April 2005 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the average wage of a person working over there where you are JAZE?

Cheers.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Petrol Prices for the future? Mon, 25 April 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i find it really fucked how oz mines the oil from bass strait sells it over seas and imports out sourced oil
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Petrol Prices for the future? Mon, 25 April 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phrozen_Death wrote on Tue, 19 April 2005 09:36

its retarded, mind u alot of australia's vehicles are diesels, Land Cruisers, Hi-Lux + all military vehicles and trucks etc etc are all diesels so maybe its gone up cause of the number of vehicles that require it!

not to mention all the farmers and their equiptment aswell, mind you its getting Pretty F#ucking dusty out here and nothing is growing anyway so that means you have to sell the stock so with fuel prices like they are (to bloody high) its making things difficult for alot of farmers

ah noo farmers pay fuck all for their diesel because of the governemnt rebate, so the change is prices don't affect them to much.
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Petrol Prices for the future? Mon, 25 April 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
average pay after tax is about 9 or 10 Eu per hour after tax. Working as a chef (qualified) for a bit i was getting about 8 Eu per hour after tax.
'
And yes, that is very crap about aus selling the oil from bass straight and not using it here.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Petrol Prices for the future? Mon, 25 April 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually australia provides 70% of its own oil, but due to agreements that have to sell it to the refineries at the world oil prive set by the arab cartels. So even if the aussies supplied all their own oil we can't sell it any cheaper than market price how fucked is that. And the aussie oil is produced a fair bit cheaper to, but don't forget that most of australia's supplies are natural gas not oil.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Petrol Prices for the future? Tue, 26 April 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hear LPG calling!
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Petrol Prices for the future? Tue, 26 April 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 18:25

i hear LPG calling!

No, I think I will just stay with premium unleaded,when LPG becomes more & more widespread you can just bet the price on that will rise to.
I just do less driving and with the blower turned off (unless it's needed).
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Petrol Prices for the future? Tue, 26 April 2005 08:39 Go to previous message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 14:41

Phrozen_Death wrote on Tue, 19 April 2005 09:36

ah noo farmers pay fuck all for their diesel because of the governemnt rebate, so the change is prices don't affect them to much.

actually - the rebate covers very little these days - if you use diesel in the farm ute or a power generator, the only way to claim on it (legally) is as a business expence, not a fuel rebate.

most small acerage farmers are screw'd over on diesel prices.

badly.

fwiw: partner's parents used to own (until 2003) 1600acre sheep farm towards Glen Innes - monthly fuel bill (diesel power, ute, water pumps and tractor, ULP for car) was >$1000...

not much fun when your total farm income drops to $80k when the rain doesn't come.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Depression getting the best of me WANT TO DIE
Next Topic:One for all you ppl with office jobs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:18:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050621032714844 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.