Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Weight and its Distribution in the KE70 and AE71

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
icon5.gif  Weight and its Distribution in the KE70 and AE71 Mon, 25 April 2005 07:12 Go to next message
Hi all,

Just looking at alternatives to the pricey AE86. I have read on these forums that the AE71 and KE70 chassis' are very similar to that of the AE86. Do the AE71 and KE70 feature near 50/50 weight distribution like the AE86?

Also, are the total weights of the AE71 and KE70 dramatically different to the AE86? What about chassis stiffness?

Thanks all!

DP
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Weight and its Distribution in the KE70 and AE71 Mon, 25 April 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this has come up a few times.

im not 100% sure of the weight distribution, but i rekon its damn similar if not better.

I also feel that the chassis is stronger in the AE71/KE70 thanks to the lack of the gaping hole in the rear section of the car...

The floorpan of the AE71 and KE70 is virtually identical to an AE86, so virtually ANYTHING you can do to an AE86, you can do to the AE71 or KE70....
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Weight and its Distribution in the KE70 and AE71 Mon, 25 April 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno about stock weight distribution, but with a little time you can have that KE70 weighing in at a lot less - there is a fair bit that can be removed!! And installing some stronger rear dampers will make life on the dirt a lot of fun Smile

Just have some spare front steering and suspension parts handy.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Weight and its Distribution in the KE70 and AE71 Mon, 25 April 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agree with witzl, sedan is stiffer
much the same as hardtop ae86

ke70/ae71 also 1/4 of the price

digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Weight and its Distribution in the KE70 and AE71 Mon, 25 April 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent, this is exactly what i was hoping for. Thanks for the quick response all, its much appreciated.

Info like this just goes to show how much influence initial d has over people. Rolling Eyes
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Weight and its Distribution in the KE70 and AE71 Mon, 25 April 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you arent wrong my friend Smile

if you need some info on 4age conversions into AE71... my member's ride thread has HEAPS. search for AE-71 in members rides
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Weight and its Distribution in the KE70 and AE71 Mon, 25 April 2005 07:52 Go to previous message
I will certainly do that. Thanks!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:5ME Water pump/timing belt change
Next Topic:ST Head, 16v block, twin carbies
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 18:32:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064740180969238 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.