Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please,

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lobby69
Regular

January 2005
1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Mon, 25 April 2005 05:43 Go to next message
hey fellas,

im thinking of doing a 1ggte conversion into my 77 mx13 rona,

ive heard of the 7mgte conversions before but why not the 1GGTE's???

anyone on here have any info available oor know of any likns to help?

cheers all,

blake Razz Razz Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Mon, 25 April 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Because the car already has M-series mounts, probably making the swap a little simpler.
lobby69
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Mon, 25 April 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well ive been thinking.....

th mz20 soarers came out with the 7mgte in them and the 1ggte in them,

so i was figuring that the would both share the same engine mounts,

so i want to know what complications due u reckon would arise when trying t fit the i ggte into the rona?

what do u reckon?

cheers,

blake Razz
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Mon, 25 April 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey

are u the dude that bought the blue mx13 off my sister?
ide prefer the 7mgte as it would be a lot happier to pull along the old girl being a 3.0 over a 2.0
but im sure the 1g is doable!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Mon, 25 April 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1g ius ghey with aids...

go the 7M!
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Mon, 25 April 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you us the 7M, u can get a 5speed W50 (from early celica) and swap it with your 4 speed w40. it is a straight swap and you just use the mx13 bellhousing on the celica 5 speed box

lobby69
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Mon, 25 April 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah dude i bought the mx13 off your siss!

i was thinking off doing the 1j conversion but then i heard u have to do steering mods and have a custom sump made aswell,

also thinking of the 7mgte aswell, but the its a quite a few more $$$ over a 1ggte,

so brett, a 7mgte is pretty much just a boldt in coversion???

no major mods that u know of???

cheers fellas,

blake Cool

brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Mon, 25 April 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
i have never owned a mx13 or done any conversion on one but toyota law states that and M engine will fit where another M engine has been.
ie. all M series engines have same pattern to bolt onto gbox
and; all R series engines have same pattern to bolt onto gbox
and so on

i do know for fact that the W40(4 speed - one in your car) and the W50 (celica one) share the same bellhousing pattern (where bellhousing bolts to gbox) so you can use your bellhousing from your 4 speed on a celica 5 speed

i cant comment on the sump or mounts required for the conversion.....some one else will need to do that

brett

lobby69
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Mon, 25 April 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers thanks for that brett,

im stocked to start onj this conversion,

and want to know what trouble i am about to hit,,

anyone else know anymore?

bump,

cheers,

blake Cool
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Mon, 25 April 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
send a PM to "giantomato" off the forums

he is a mark II guru
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Mon, 25 April 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 7MGTE is probably going to be a negligible price difference over a 1G. Make things easy for yourself Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Mon, 25 April 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 18:00

1g ius ghey with aids...

how so? Smile
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Mon, 25 April 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 21:55

V8_MA61 wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 18:00

1g ius ghey with aids...

how so? Smile

haha, if it don't have push rods, or isn't a 7m blake isn't a big fan....he thinks my 1jz is gay Razz

Cheers
Wilbo
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Mon, 25 April 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A Celica W50 will be a direct swap but don't expect it to actually live behind a 7M. You will need a W58 at least, or preferably an R154.

The car would actually go quite well with a 1G in it, and you wouldn't have to worry about HG issues. I'd probably go the 7M though simply because I'm lazy. Also I'm not sure if the 1G twin turbo setup will foul the steering gear like it does with the 1JZ.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Tue, 26 April 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon you would be pushing your luck even with a 7M-ge behind a W50

i know of a person who has killed 3 W50's behind a bommadore V6

edit: W50 behind a 7M-GE Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2005 04:52]

Pure_In_Sanity
Regular

October 2004
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Wed, 27 April 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7MGTE is definately going to be easiest. The money you'd save on the half cut, you'd spend getting mounts made up + single turbo conversion etc etc.

The W58 would be the best fit, I think the R154 is a little too tight in the trans tunnel.

4M sump & pickup can probably be swapped to the 7M with minor mods + addition of some baffles & a windage tray if required.

Depending on the engineer, I would suspect suspension and possibly brakes would require attention.

Cheers
-Phil
lobby69
Regular

January 2005
icon10.gif  Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Fri, 29 April 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all,

i was told that the 4m sump and pick up can be modified to suit the 7m,

anyway, what do u reckon a 7mgte half cut would cost me???,
i had a look in an import magazine (for a auto 1/2 cut it was $3200)

has anyone bought one for that $$$?

or know what they shoud be?

cheers,

blake
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Fri, 29 April 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lobby69 wrote on Fri, 29 April 2005 11:56

anyway, what do u reckon a 7mgte half cut would cost me???,
i had a look in an import magazine (for a auto 1/2 cut it was $3200)

blake

thats a bloody rip off

ring central victorian auto parts and talk to Andrew he sponsors the club and can fix u up

otherwise do a quick search for SSS automotive u should be able to find a thread with a list of importers and their phone numbers.

also where in syd are u at

you are eligable to join the MK II Mafia
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Fri, 29 April 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lobby69 wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 15:43

I've heard of the 7mgte conversions before but why not the 1GGTE's???

Drive a GZ20 Soarer. It's a bit lacklustre - that's why. It would be OK but when there are 7MGTEs out there with oodles of torque and literally just bolt in, why bother?

I would recommend a 7MGTE. The big old 3 litre allows excellent off boost drivability but can really haul ass when you wind it up. A couple of friends have some down here and they rip off consistent 13 second quarters and one snuck down into the 12s. There are some inherent problems however so do a search - it's all been covered.

Otherwise if you are after a more complex conversion, go the JZ or UZ series. They have all been done or are being attempted as we speak. I am aware of a 1JZGE in one, I have a 2JZGE and I have stood around watching someone shoehorn a 1UZ into one (you better finish it soon you know who!).

lobby69
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Sat, 30 April 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah,

ive been doing a bit of research today, found a 7mgte complete with loom, auto box and turbo, for $1250!!!

yeah!!!

am i going to die over wiring the pig aswell?,

cheers for all the help, dont stop either!!!

blake Very Happy
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Sat, 30 April 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, wiring it is relatively simple. You'll need to hook up a handful of wires to power to make it run. www.sixworks.com.au has ECU pinouts.

Use the sump from the Mk2 and you'll need to modify the oil pump pickup slightly. If you have airconditioning in the thing, you won't have much room for an intercooler, however even if you limit boost to 9 psi, you'll be down into the low 13s anyway.

I would be, at a minimum, retorquing the head bolts to 72 ftlb before you start the motor. If the budget allows I would just plan to do the head gasket preemptively.
TT_50AR
Regular

April 2005
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Sat, 30 April 2005 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i say go the 1ggte Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
can get 1 for half the price of the 7m
get a 1g for like $600 or cheaper
lobby69
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Sun, 01 May 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
head gasket is a must!!!,

ive been doing a bit of research and yes, before she goes in she will be sent to the machine shop and have the block and head machined to suit the metal head gaskets,

while she is apart i might aswell do the cams aswell, then highflow turbo manifold,

she should be rather nice,

just need some more $$$ atm!

will the stockie head studs do, or should i go for some upgraded ones aswell?

cheers, Very Happy
Pure_In_Sanity
Regular

October 2004
Re: 1ggte in a mx13 corona...help please, Sun, 01 May 2005 06:06 Go to previous message
If using the auto trans, You may have some issues with vehicle speed sensor wiring as the sensor picks up off the back of the speedo head in the MA70 (i recall reading this when struan from classicrown put a 7m in his Ms55)

However i'm sure there are ways around this - I would assume the 1UZ had a similar setup G.T?

These engines come with head bolts stock, For higher boost applications it is probably a good idea to fit some ARP Studs
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:???? Gearbox Question ????
Next Topic:BOV echo ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 20:03:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083868503570557 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.