Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Do you get picked on by the cops?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
Meetch
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 00:59 Go to next message
I was just wondering if anyone here gets picked on for having a nice, loud or fast car?

especially P platers!

Cheers.

mitch
  Send a private message to this user  
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
every car ive ever owned! Very Happy
nothing worse than being pulled over in a done up car, thats 100% legal when the guy beside you, has rust holes the size of a tennis ball, and they leave him alone!
Mad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nup they don't like the rona that much, never been pulled over in it, on the weekend i passed plenty of cops driving to eastern creek and back but not one attempted to pull me over.

Meh must be the fact they i am an accoutant, i exert an odour of boringness so they just wave me threw. Honest i wanna get pulled over for an RBT just for fun, breaks up the trip.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/rsturzen/hazzld.jpg

Oh, I have a "Cops are Tops" sticker on the back window of my car, so I never get hazzl'd.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2005 01:09]

Meetch
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha! That's the only thing im worried about when im on my P's coz i know they hate P's and hate good looking cars lol

just hope the cop is a car fan Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
never got hassled in my old supra.
now that it has rims, I'm expecting a whole lot more attention (tho I must exert some kind of "don't fine me" aura, for all the times I've got off assorted infringements)
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
urgh not one of these threads again No No No

lets just clear up the issue for all of the n00b school holiday p-plater kids out there who like to spam out all of the hard hitting issues. Assuming cause they cant see any mention of it in the most recent 5 threads on the page that it has never been discussed before.

so here we go:

yesss da copz r afta all P-platerz cuz dey r jel0uz 0f yor r1dez...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have a rather eloquent way with words rob.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob you are funny bloke.

Personally i have never had a problem from the cops, even driving other ppl's cars and Astra SRI, my dads SSS my mums camry touring, my sister's corolla, my bothers echo. Personally i think it all just comes down to luck or maybe the way you drive, chromies probably help a bit too, just stick some stockers on there you'll be right save you some money to.

I drive quite a fair bit, but generally don't go cruising per se, but even on my own at night i have never been touched, might be the areas where i drive as i just head south from cambo for about half an hour turn round and come back just to give the car a run.
The fact is though no matter what age you are you drive a car thats sticks out and theres a higher chance of being pulled oevr. though i am surprised that driving an older car they haven't tried to defect me or atleast an emissions test, anyone that has sat behind my car can vouch that is hardly a greeny.

Honest you get from the cops what you give to them, be a smart arse give lip etc they'll throw the book at you, also having a car full of mates and just driving around pointlessly doesn't help either.

I know plenty of cops and they are all good ppl, just remember its just a job, and they could of copped some shit from ppl earlier so are pretty pissed, be polite it will do you wonders, and as rob said its been covered before and isn't a good image for the club.
At the moment p-platers are the centre of the media so guess what live with it i have, shit happens so what you got pulled over by the cops if you ain't got nothing to hide why are you concerned.
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
despite having a 114db car with several possible defects i don't get picked on by cops, i've never even been booked in this car, despite being pulled over for several breathalyser tests

i'd like to think it's something to do with the fact my car isn't stupidly low or really that modified looking (no stupidly big wheels or sik mate bodykit or yuleh bro colored lights) and i don't drive like a cock around other people and i always have plenty of tread on my tyres
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i don't drive like a cock around other people

Amazing how much of a difference this can make to getin' hazzl'd. More people should try it.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2005 03:10]

BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i once got hassled and defected off the road because i was flashing people because of an up coming speed camera when i coppper saw me doing it. he didnt like it very much and got me for
- wheels
- exhaust
- pod etc
really not a fan of them anymore, took em like an hour just to give me the ticket.. he was a wank though. im sure theres good ones (maybe)
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wosto get picked a lot when i had the gti,
This was for alchool testing
Cop said:

your not supposto have a sticker in the front windscreen(small sticker saying:Cyborg motorsports),

you shouldent have your fog lights on(give me a good reason why),

and the sticker at the back(small alpine sticker that came with the amp)

you can't have the exhaust pipe facing the ground( it wasent facing all the way)

Your lucky where doing breath tests(with a pissed off look)

Man, when they mean stock, they mean it Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my exhaust faces the ground and its stock and so do the echo's
Willis
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i haven't been pulled over for anything except a pre-setup breath test on the side of the road thingy outside orange grove maccas since i got my st162 celica.

Got pulled over a decent amount of times in my ke55 corolla though. Don't know how that figures!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 13:53

I wonder why, oh, maybe cause they blind oncoming motorists?!

You're not one of those tools who drives around urban and suburban areas with their fog lights on, are you?
Super Jamie
Regular

On Probation

December 2002

Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with the flashing oncoming motorists of police presence, and i do it all the time. it makes people slow down if they are exceeding the speed limit, which is what speed cameras are all about... isn't it? this is the argument sydney radio stations presented to their "camera report" segments, and publically, nsw police couldn't deny the truth in it. of course, we all know they're just revenue raising.

illegally driving with fog lights on, no wonder they pulled you over, i would if i was a cop. and give you a fine. he would have had to have had his Traffic Infrigement Notice with him if he was doing breath tests

you're allowed to have stickers on the front windscreen, as long as they are X amount from the top of the windscreen and no more. cbf looking the measurement up atm, it's on the rta website in the tinted windows bit. tho why you need stickers on the windows of your car at all is beyond me Razz

droop tips are cool yo Very Happy
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 14:24

bubbles wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 13:53

I wonder why, oh, maybe cause they blind oncoming motorists?!

You're not one of those tools who drives around urban and suburban areas with their fog lights on, are you?

Ditto. Can't stand those people, especially when you get blinded by their stupid foggies. I wish cops fined more people for this Mad
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine are angled toward the ground.

i got told last week to turn them off when i was cruising down a 2 lane dual carraigeway highway, at 1:30am with no cars anywhere on it and no streetlights (one of those dark out of the way highways).. annoying, but it gives them an excuse to pull you over to analyse your ride up closer..
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=65929&rid=821&S=135aedf56a1d8b35e9822584 fcac5f6d&pl_view=&start=0#msg_618538
one such incident
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stop being a whiny little bitch Jag i gaurentee put a silver set of rims on your car and your hassle rate will go down.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 17:27

stop being a whiny little bitch Jag i gaurentee put a silver set of rims on your car and your hassle rate will go down.

my rims are "silver".. they are polished alloy.. not chrome or any bullshit
he asked if you get picked on, i produced when i did with minimal effort..
so stfu
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you lose the Mr Plow intercooler look might help too Razz
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Do you get picked on by the cops? Tue, 26 April 2005 08:09 Go to previous message
here we go....

so far toymods has been rather void of the bitchiness associated with ca rclubs, which makes me proud to be associated with it.

take for example, silviaWA, the bitchiness on there is quite unbeleivable...

People disagree, its normal, what isnt, is to insult people.

Fog lights blind people, its a fact, if you have them on, you will get hassled by the cops because AFAIK they are illegal.

same with BOV's, having your car too low, having excessivly big rims.

cops dont pick on your car because it looks like that, they pick on it because it is, illegal, and what they do is enforce the law..

although they do take it out of hand when they defect people for not having water in their washer bottles and such.

Eldar.O.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Don't buy petrol at MOBIL OR BP!
Next Topic:WSID 23/4
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 02:56:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00534987449646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.