Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » F/S 3sge BEAMS Blacktop

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
charliemr2
Regular

February 2005
F/S 3sge BEAMS Blacktop Mon, 25 April 2005 08:22 Go to next message
for sale 1998 3sge beams engine complete with computer and engine wiring harness .Not interested in idle chit chat just want to sell the engine $2500.00 not negotiable located in melbourne, Shipping to most states costs approx $150.00 Call 0411288027
  Send a private message to this user    
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: F/S 3sge BEAMS Blacktop Mon, 25 April 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the Power output etc!?!?
Any specs!?!?
How many Km's on it!?!?
Is it setup for a MR2 or Celica!?!?!
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: F/S 3sge BEAMS Blacktop Tue, 26 April 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm this is yummy. will let friend with celica st162 know tonight and get back to you ASAP.

and photo's would be awesome.
charliemr2
Regular

February 2005
Re: F/S 3sge BEAMS Blacktop Tue, 26 April 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lt,s currently in my AW11 mr2 but i,m going to put a 1MZ V6 in it instead ..
AE86 Levin Melbourne
Regular

May 2002
Re: F/S 3sge BEAMS Blacktop Tue, 26 April 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how hard will it be to put in a Sw20 mr2? do i need a different gearbox too?
charliemr2
Regular

February 2005
Re: F/S 3sge BEAMS Blacktop Tue, 26 April 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it is the same bolt pattern as every 3sg motor so it will just bolt in
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: F/S 3sge BEAMS Blacktop Tue, 26 April 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just providing some info,if your thinking of putting it into an sw20 then please check out the mr2oc.com website and search for beams.Here it has some info on previous beams installs into sw20's.They will bolt in,but from what ive read,the manifolds have to be changed and the ecu wiring is a bitch.Oh and aren't these engines dual variable valve timing,which makes aftermarket computers a difficult choice.On the positive side these babies make 210hp,roughly 145-150kw.Just piss off the valve timing,whack in some cams and adjustable cam gears and those turbo boys wont know what him'em Very Happy

Cheers Aj

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2005 12:11]

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: F/S 3sge BEAMS Blacktop Tue, 26 April 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tell me, how difficult was it to put a beams 3s engine in the place of a 4A engine with the AW11 Mr2??

My cousin will also want that engine! i'd say you have a garanteed buyer dude! Was there alot of hardwork getting the beams working in the AW11? do tell!
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: F/S 3sge BEAMS Blacktop Wed, 27 April 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look i know you don't want idle chit chat, but you gota answers my questions! and i want them answered immediatly. Razz

What gearbox do you need to use for the beams 3sge to work in a AW11 MR2, Is this a bolt in affair or tricky dicky stuff like custom driveshafts etc. If i can find out this stuff i can tell my cousin who at the moment has $5k ready for an engine upgrade for his AW11. He was going to go with a 160Hp blacktop. But Beams 3SGE has got him all excited. And i'm partly to blame when i told hiim how much power the beams puts out, and that there is a guy in melbourne selling one out of his AW11.

any other details do please share!
oh and how many K's?

[Updated on: Wed, 27 April 2005 01:53]

charliemr2
Regular

February 2005
Re: F/S 3sge BEAMS Blacktop Wed, 27 April 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Aj sorry to burst your bubble but you dont have to change anything on the engine to fit it to a sw20 lv,e got mine in a aw11 and had to change nothing ,obviously you must be talking about fitting an Altess Beams engine which is rear wheel drive as apposed to the one that l have which is front W drive and the wirring is not that hard do work out ,plenty of info available on the net and some logical thinking worked for me thanks Aj for you illinformed input .
Regards Charlie

[Updated on: Wed, 27 April 2005 08:09]

charliemr2
Regular

February 2005
Re: F/S 3sge BEAMS Blacktop Wed, 27 April 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI ALL YOU NEED IS A SW20 NON TURBO GEARBOX AND DRIVE SHAFTS
THE TOP GEARBOX MOUNT HAS TO BE CHANGED TO A 4AGZE ONE AND THE FRONT OF ENGINE MOUNT HAS TO BE CUSTOM MADE (NOT MUCH EFFORT ) FOR MORE INFO CALL 0411288027
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: F/S 3sge BEAMS Blacktop Wed, 27 April 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charlie-no worries,i was mistaking yours for the altezza beams.So did yours come from a celica or was it actually from an mr2.Do you know if you have to change ecu's from a normal 3sge to a beams ecu,even if you have fully programable aftermarket engine management??

I only found out about these engines a lil while ago,and on paper it seems a viable alternative to dropping in a 3sgte in my sw20
charliemr2
Regular

February 2005
Re: F/S 3sge BEAMS Blacktop Wed, 27 April 2005 09:36 Go to previous message
hI AJ THIS ENGINE WAS OUT OF A CALDINA SOMETHING LIKE OUR CORROLA , ABOUT THE ECU ,IT DEPENDS ON WHAT AFTERMARKET ECU YOU HAVE L KNOW THAT A MOTEC AND A WOLF WILL RUN THE VVTI I,M NOT SURE ABOUT OTHER BRANDS ,HOPE THAT HELPS YOU
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Used TRD heavy duty clutch for AE86
Next Topic:4AGE 20V HALFCUT(SILVER TOP) AUTO $1500
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 06:10:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063240528106689 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.