Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Soarer MZ20 Sun, 24 April 2005 10:28 Go to next message
How easy is it to get replacement parts for it? Also are there any parts that they share with another toyota?? Need some advice also on suspension upgrades. Knowing that the Soarer Z2 isnt that popular, I'm just worried about parts that need changing. Also stuff like LSD. Can anyone also recomend a workshop in Melbourne?
  Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer MZ20 Sun, 24 April 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shares the same suspension with *A70 supras.

Get the LSD from a JZA70 supra.
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer MZ20 Sun, 24 April 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, anyone knows where i can get the front, rear and side skirts for the MZ20?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer MZ20 Sun, 24 April 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check out the soarer owners dedicated thread Smile

Soarer owners dedicated thread

as for the bodykit well they are hard to come by unfortuately Sad but you can try and look for them sometimes they pop up Smile
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer MZ20 Sun, 24 April 2005 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still thinking twice about the Soarer Z2. I am also considering an AE86. Anyone can help make up my mind? ARgghH!
Rossco
Regular

June 2002

Re: Soarer MZ20 Sun, 24 April 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soarers and sprinters are not even in the same class of cars

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Soarer MZ20 Sun, 24 April 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rossco wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 09:10

soarers and sprinters are not even in the same class of cars

Correct.

Shit tin bottom of the line corolla or 3rd from the top of the line soarer (behind crown and century).

Work it out for yourself.
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer MZ20 Mon, 25 April 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm from Malaysia and i've just moved to Melbourne. So i need to know a couple of stuff about workshops here. Need a few recomendations and also how do they charge? I hear that they charge by the hour or something like that?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Soarer MZ20 Mon, 25 April 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah. Everything is by the hour here unless you know the mechanic.

And dude, since you're from Malaysia, why would you bother getting a Sprinter?? Coming from a country where they charge you more on road tax when you have a bigger displacement engine, you come here to get a 1.6ltr? Get a 2.5 litre or 3 litre dude and enjoyyyyyy Razz
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer MZ20 Mon, 25 April 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do u know bout the charges on road tax in Malaysia?? Anyways, yeah i think i'll get the Soarer! 3 litre turbo is giving me the excitement!! hahaha! Any workshop recomendations?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Soarer MZ20 Mon, 25 April 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was born there and parents are there. But I live here and have been for the last 11 years. Plenty of us around mate if you look properly Surprised . Me and bigb3n are malaysians (well we're the 2 that immediately come to mind) and in Melbourne.
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer MZ20 Mon, 25 April 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool! Maybe we can meet up sometime. Can you recomend any performance workshops??
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Soarer MZ20 Mon, 25 April 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, just check out the Vic cruise section. There are always BBQs and such where a lot of us meet up. Great way to meet new people.

As for performance shops, I'm not particularly sure. So far I've done the work myself or let my mate do it. Can find out for ya though.

Yian
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer MZ20 Tue, 26 April 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone else has a workshop to recomend?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer MZ20 Tue, 26 April 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dunno about the workshop but defenitly check if the car has a blown head gasket as the mz20 soarersa are prone to them , would even be better if the car u buying has alredy got a new head gasket , and yeah most of the suspension and interior bits re inetrchangable with the gz20 soarers ,, also interchangable are the suspension and wheels from ga70, ma70 jza70 supras

if u want a drift car then buy the sprinter , otherwise for all other reasons , soarer is better
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer MZ20 Tue, 26 April 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How come no one knows anything bout workshops??
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer MZ20 Tue, 26 April 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kikaider wrote on Sun, 24 April 2005 18:28

Knowing that the Soarer Z2 isnt that popular

youre kidding right.. i see twice as many M/GZ20's on the road than JZ/MA70's.. theyre everywhere!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Soarer MZ20 Tue, 26 April 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wrong side of Australia maybe? I havent really noticed many around in Melbourne. Couple maybe. There is definitely more MA/Ga70s around here in Melbourne.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer MZ20 Tue, 26 April 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they seem to be really popular in WA and adelaide in SA...

but ive NEVER seen another Z20 on the roads around here where i live, or on my sporadic adventures to sydney

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough Smile
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer MZ20 Tue, 26 April 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah theyre hell common here hey. cant go a day without seeing at least one or two..
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Soarer MZ20 Tue, 26 April 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a few more popping up in sa being one of only a handful of decent cars still available underthe new 15 year rule and i guess they will keep coming in, but it hurts me too see absolutle cooner spec Z20s around, mine is filthy at the moment and it pains me too see that but there are some that are driven around for weeks with dirt and crap all over them...people CLEAN YOUR CARS FFS

/end rant
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer MZ20 Tue, 26 April 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So when i buy a car from a private seller. Should I be paying the full ammount once i've signed the transfer papers?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer MZ20 Tue, 26 April 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kikaider wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 23:47

So when i buy a car from a private seller. Should I be paying the full ammount once i've signed the transfer papers?

that's what i did

keys for cash after rego papers are signed

Smile

make sure you check out engine numbers and all that caper, and remember to do a REVS check to make sure it's not encumbered
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer MZ20 Tue, 26 April 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude if u are that concerned about a good mechanic take it to toyota and service it there Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer MZ20 Tue, 26 April 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
??

who said anything about a mechanic?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Soarer MZ20 Tue, 26 April 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kikaider wrote on Tue, 26 April 2005 17:39

How come no one knows anything bout workshops??

u need to check before asking such questions

theres a few more in the beggining of the thread lollllll
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Soarer MZ20 Wed, 27 April 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ask for cong from C&D sunshine. can't remember the workshop number but its in duke st, look in the white pages under "C & D motorworks, duke st, sunshine"

I had this quote from a fellow forums member, he's sposed to be a Toyota Master Technician of some sort. Doubt he'd be cheap with that kinda credential, but worth a shot eh?

Yian
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer MZ20 Wed, 27 April 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do i do a revs check? What info do i need?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer MZ20 Wed, 27 April 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.revs.nsw.gov.au/default.htm

explains everything you need on there

unless you're in a diff state to nsw, in which case ignore this, probably doesnt apply.

still, it may... dunno
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer MZ20 Wed, 27 April 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, i'm in Victoria dude.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Soarer MZ20 Wed, 27 April 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just noticed. Wow, I'm on a roll this thread! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Check Out http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au

and http://www.egov.vic.gov.au/pdfs/VicRoads.pdf

Might be useful Smile

cheers
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Soarer MZ20 Wed, 27 April 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I read it but dont really understand how it works.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Soarer MZ20 Wed, 27 April 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should be a phone number you can call to quote them the VIN number and engine number etc to make sure the car isn't still encumbered and to check whether or not its had a major accident history...
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Soarer MZ20 Wed, 27 April 2005 23:23 Go to previous message
indian wrote on Wed, 27 April 2005 06:56

dude if u are that concerned about a good mechanic take it to toyota and service it there Smile

Who unfortunately will charge like a wounded bull and will have just as little understanding as anyone else. Find a decent mechanic who is willing to learn what needs to be done and stick with them.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HKS coilovers : who can tell me how to adjust, or knows of someone who does?
Next Topic:Toyota offers to go easy on US rivals
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 20:16:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066258907318115 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.