Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » IRA11Y 4AGE Euthanised!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Mon, 07 February 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm doesnt look too bad Razz

My personal opinion i dont like the look of the custom inst panel and console, but hell you must have put alot of work into those and i commend you, u did one hell of a good job compared to alot i have seen! Nod

Love the engine conversion work too. Damn that engine looks mint Smile and your engine bay looks so clean and OEM looking... I wonder if you could even just stick a 4KC sticker on the top and get away with it without engineering hehehe.

Your comment about an AE86 with a 4age being better than a KE70 with a 4age, wrong... the ae86 and ke70 are almost the exact same thing, same wheelbase, same (or ke70 lower) weight, and basically all the same mods can be done. Sure the KE70 has a slightly different shape, but if you put the exact same mods on both cars you will not feel much of a difference between them. Initial D hyped up alot of that. You must be referring to an ae86 that has had full suspension work etc compared to a ke70 with no suspension work. Trust me a 4age in an ae86 with no current suspension mods like yours would feel the same if not worse. The ae86 has major body roll when it is stock.

Anyway rant over, I love ke70s and ae86s alike so dont worry i am not suporting either cause. I have a ke70 at the moment and also plan to get an ae86 aswell.

By the way if I have missed something out of what you said and contradicted myself sorry hahaha, tired as fuck.
  Send a private message to this user    
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Tue, 08 February 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uhmm dude.... Ive owned 4 AE86's, two of them were rally cars my first one I bought when i was 19 and started rallying it in 1992

maybe im in no position to comment based on my lack of experience with them but in my opinion the KE70 has better control when sideways.. this is in part due to the additinal weight over the rear wheels, its easier to get back from low speed full lock and has less tendency to pendulum out of control at higher speeds.. I went to the KE70 after selling my last AE86 about 2 years ago.. a car which was sold to a guy in adelaide and has just recently been stolen.

most of the information and plenty of the misinformation accross these forums has come from my research via other peoples writing after talking to me.

In fact these days i find it quite amusing that when i first started the project I was one of only a few to consider the KE as a cross match to the AE86.. subsequent measuring and testing proved some of my beliefs in chasis similarity. funny how its spawned a whole new scene of cheap and driveable corolla's

just my opinion
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Tue, 08 February 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

My personal opinion i dont like the look of the custom inst panel and console, but hell you must have put alot of work into those and i commend you, u did one hell of a good job compared to alot i have seen! Nod

Its not meant to be pretty, although i did design it to look reasonably asthetic... it was a case of practicality, the std cluster couldnt give me the information i needed or hold the neccesary gauges to relay information I wanted.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Tue, 08 February 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my words in a different form... and much more experienced form, well said Smile

and yeah i understand about the dash, with mine i just jammed an AE71 tacho and digi clock in there and currently have a 2" vaccuum gauge in the place where the stock radio was and will be able to fit a 2" air/fuel ratio gauge and a 2" oil pressure gauge in there too, should look pretty shnazzy, and its all the gauges i want (boost guage may come later, still deciding on positioning).
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Fri, 11 February 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

my words in a different form

if you say so

your word...

Quote:

Your comment about an AE86 with a 4age being better than a KE70 with a 4age, wrong..

my word....

Quote:

in my opinion the KE70 has better control when sideways.. this is in part due to the additinal weight over the rear wheels, its easier to get back from low speed full lock and has less tendency to pendulum out of control at higher speeds..

yep sounds the same to me Rolling Eyes
~AZ~
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Fri, 11 February 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love it mate! Cool
You've done an awesome job
i still remember when u had the motor sitting in the garage in pieces...
Love the gauges, but didnt realise you were such a *bling bling* fan!
You have to take me for a drive one of these days Very Happy
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Fri, 11 February 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Az! where have you been!! i thought i saw you on old windsor a few months back but wasnt sure Smile feel free to come for a drive anytime.. ive changed address so give me a call and well meet up
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 02 March 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well the dash is all in and pretty much running, had a few little electrical issues at the begining but nothing some diodes and resistors didnt solve Smile

And the finished product....

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/DashCompleted.jpg
~AZ~
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 02 March 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice mate...and neat! Very Happy
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 02 March 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good work on the dash dude, looks great! Very Happy

cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Thu, 17 March 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice, dash looks very functional. is this still a road registered car? do you cop any attenttion from the police re the wolf handset on the dash? i though programable engine management was ilegal? (i know ppl still do it, just keep it hidden)
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sun, 27 March 2005 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes its road registered, suprisingly i dont get any adverse reactions but then i dont drive like an idiot either.

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/Toymodsevents/KiamatoRobertson/IRA11Y.jpg
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Mon, 28 March 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw it yesterday, and have to say very nice mate Smile.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Thu, 21 April 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anybody want to buy it Razz
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Thu, 21 April 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wanna buy it real bad. Sad
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Fri, 22 April 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if you have the right offer it can be yours easily along with all the spare parts.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Tue, 26 April 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well .....

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/carstripped5.jpg

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/carstripped3.jpg

guess its time to strip the old girl then Sad

[Updated on: Tue, 26 April 2005 03:21]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Tue, 26 April 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What the hell.
What are you doing?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Tue, 26 April 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it still looks sexy Razz
ae86levint
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Tue, 26 April 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Y??
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 27 April 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Y??

because no one wants to buy it so i may as well start stripping it down
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Wed, 27 April 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stripping it down for paint i hope ur saying??? i herd somethign about flares, are u getting bolt ons?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sun, 15 May 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MMMM roof chop

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/APOAJ.jpg
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y's AE70 Hybrid Sat, 21 May 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now with added flares*

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/Flares1.jpeg

[Updated on: Sun, 22 May 2005 03:48]

SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: IRA11Y the poor mans AE86 Mon, 23 May 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coming together nicely
u collecting these tyres or do you want me to throyght them up 2 u
that car needs a nice set of white compomotives to go on it
hint hint Embarassed
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: IRA11Y the poor mans AE86 Mon, 23 May 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow roof chop thats awesome. Keep us posted
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y the poor mans AE86 Mon, 23 May 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah sadly those compomotives still wont be the right offset.. actually now ill have to go and get even wider rims with the flares

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2005 08:56]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: IRA11Y the poor mans AE86 Mon, 23 May 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get some 15X8 superlights with grey centres. Cheap and hot.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y the poor mans AE86 Mon, 23 May 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much is cheap? ill have to paint them anyway as they wont suit my new colours
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: IRA11Y the poor mans AE86 Mon, 23 May 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Approx $290 a set. The look hot without they gay centre cap they come with. Mate has 15x8 with 0 off set.

Should make it look like thses puppies...

http://img263.echo.cx/img263/1475/te7120012mc.jpg
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y the poor mans AE86 Mon, 23 May 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan can you send me a PM as to where you are getting them for 290 a set? I am very interested, especially considering that is a quater the price of new superlites that ive been quoted

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:17]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: IRA11Y the poor mans AE86 Mon, 23 May 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
email these dudes directly and you woldn't get the mark up of the guys like Bob Jane or Argies

http://www.performwheels.com.au/super_lite_wheels. htm

Make sure its the charcoal centred ones Wink

See the gay centre cap they come with. Chuck that ugly shit out and they look like watanbes
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y the poor mans AE86 Mon, 23 May 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i went tru them directly and they wanted over $200 a corner, is it just because they are charcoal?

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:30]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: IRA11Y the poor mans AE86 Mon, 23 May 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh.. let me go and clip my source over the head for the wrong info lol sorry mate.
They would still look hot Smile
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: IRA11Y the poor mans AE86 Mon, 23 May 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh bolt ons!
love them, whered you pick them up? i didnt even bother looking for some bolt ones i thought there would be no chance, please dont tell me they were cheap!
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y the poor mans AE86 Tue, 24 May 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theyre not actually specifically to suit the KE70, I think the guy said they were off a mazda or something ( astina? ) for one half and something else for the other half.. not completely happy with the rear set but well see what happens

cheap depends on your perspective, it was $300 the set.

actually the rear set would probhably suit the T18 better than the KE70, they seem to flow back at a much more shallow angle under the gaurd than suits the KE's old squareish lines, but i think ill just live with it for a bit Smile
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: IRA11Y the poor mans AE86 Thu, 26 May 2005 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
always wanted to take this approach with a ke70-ae71-te72 since mid 90s when i owned my first yota being an ae71 auto
then saw glen geake's ke70 @ vrious shows in various stages of mods each time i saw it
now im set on getting the below and takign a similar approach as youve taken
would love to see this in rl Smile
http://img131.echo.cx/my.php?image=ae722js.png
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y the poor mans AE86 Mon, 13 June 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the car is once again for sale.. this time its going one way or the other!!!, please see the cars for sale wanted section for details
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y 4AGE KE70 For Sale Fri, 17 June 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
please refer to the parts for sale section for anything you may want to buy from the car, thanks to all those who have given incouragement and advice and a friendly hello over the years of build this and my previous cars.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: IRA11Y 4AGE KE70 For Sale Sat, 18 June 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it for sale or are you selling off all the bits?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y 4AGE KE70 For Sale Sat, 18 June 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
selling all the bits now, not enough serious offers to warant waiting around another 6-7months to sell it
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: IRA11Y 4AGE KE70 For Sale Sat, 18 June 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What a shame, seriously.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: IRA11Y 4AGE KE70 For Sale Mon, 20 June 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well shes pretty much all gone now, thanks to everyone for thier lovely comments over the years, guess its time to say goodnight little rolla and give her the big injection Smile
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: IRA11Y 4AGE KE70 For Sale Mon, 20 June 2005 10:46 Go to previous message
http://www.angelfire.com/country/mamabear/CartoonSigs/smile_sad.gif
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Well here she is.... my conversion
Next Topic:sleeker162's GT2 project **UPDATED PICS**
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 22:46:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077660083770752 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.