Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
icon4.gif  MA61 (5M-E) Overheating - No Explaination Mon, 16 December 2002 09:05 Go to next message
Hey All.

From my previous posts i have have stated that i have overheating problems. But now i don't know what to do.

I have replaced the fluid couple fan, fan, Radiator and fluid. My car doesn't sound like a lawn mower and the oil and radiator fluid is not mixing into each other...

What could it be? When i run the car idle, I am getting air bubbles appearing without the radiator cap on, though there is no oil or foregn debris mixed in the fluid appearing. When i run the car i fill the overflow bottle in no time considering it was empty initally when moving.

Also it overheats when when caught in traffic.

Does anyone know...

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
suprav8
Regular

May 2002
Re: MA61 (5M-E) Overheating - No Explaination Mon, 16 December 2002 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude.....could have a head gasket prob?......If not have you had the cooling system flushed??Don`t bother trying to do this yourself!!.....You may have a build up of crap in the water passages in your block.....I had this done once and was amazed at the amount of crap that came out of the engine block,and it fixed my overheatimg probs!
just an idea.
cheers
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: MA61 (5M-E) Overheating - No Explaination Mon, 16 December 2002 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon your problem is due to a pipe that runs around the engine.. i don't think many people know about this and i only found out when i got a new engine.

it's a pipe in a U shape that runs around the engine and has several hoses coming off it. i'm not sure if you can even see it looking down on the engine.

Mine was rusted out to the shithouse. i had to keep refilling my radiator every 2nd day just to be safe i wouldn't overheat the engine.

You can only buy this part genuine and i don't know how much it costs.

My opinion get this looked at first.. you might have to drive into toyota personally and get them to look over your car. it might cost you that little bit extra but i'm preety sure this is whats wrong with it.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 (5M-E) Overheating - No Explaination Mon, 16 December 2002 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the advice.

I have had the radiator flushed a month or so ago. I could be since the increase in flow of the radiator fluid it could have dislodged some debris but doesn't explain the air bubbles and also the car runs like normal.

Cheers.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 (5M-E) Overheating - No Explaination Mon, 16 December 2002 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraBOY wrote on Mon, 16 December 2002 20:43

it's a pipe in a U shape that runs around the engine and has several hoses coming off it. i'm not sure if you can even see it looking down on the engine.

Where would this "U Shape pipe" be on the block. I can't see where it would be.

Cheers.
suprav8
Regular

May 2002
Re: MA61 (5M-E) Overheating - No Explaination Mon, 16 December 2002 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm.....supraboy may be onto something there!
You say you had the radiator flushed but did you get the engine block itself flushed?
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 (5M-E) Overheating - No Explaination Mon, 16 December 2002 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah. My brother sent the car for the flush out. It was a complete job with the radiator and block done.

Cheers.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 (5M-E) Overheating - No Explaination Mon, 16 December 2002 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still reckon you have a BHG - take your car to the mechanic and get a CO test done on the radiator water. This is cheap, reliable and can rapidly determine the problem.
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: MA61 (5M-E) Overheating - No Explaination Tue, 17 December 2002 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
honestly i don't know where this U shaped pipe is.. i'll have a look today and get back to you later this afternoon. I know its there somewhere, but i only saw mine when it was out.

but i had the exact same symptoms as you. bubbles, loosing water.

I dont' think it is a Head gasket, if it was you would sure know about it as the engine would stutter.

SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: MA61 (5M-E) Overheating - No Explaination Tue, 17 December 2002 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this pipe runs right underneith the exhaust manifold.

look at the engine from teh drivers side of the car and you should see it under the manifiold running all the way around the back of the engine with a few pipes connecting to it.

might be difficult to see with the standard manifold, but easy to see with extractors.

hope this helps.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: MA61 (5M-E) Overheating - No Explaination Tue, 17 December 2002 03:15 Go to previous message
Cheers SupraBoy. I'll have a look at it... though i don't think it is my problem because i am not loosing water except that going into the overfill bottle and out on the road.

I do think i have a Blown Head Gasket but i hate it because no one can touch my car until the middle of January Crying or Very Sad to work on it...

Merry Christmas Everyone...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mini gas turbine powered turbo (theory)
Next Topic:LSD corona
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 22 18:36:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050299167633057 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.