Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
OS Giken Twin Plate Parts Wed, 27 April 2005 13:07 Go to next message
Ok guys, I have an OS Giken TS2B Twin Plate to hopefully go behind my 1JZ. The catch is the plates are shagged and also bent (I suspect someone decided to put them in the wrong way once, it wasn't me btw...*sigh*), and the pressure plate is also shagged. The 'B' in the TS2B means that I'm after 204mm disks as well in case your weren't familiar with OS's naming convention.

I believe that the flywheel and intermediate plate will machine up ok, and also believe that my existing top cover/diaphragm is usable as is.

To enable me to rebuild the clutch (with out selling one of my kidneys to buy an OS Giken rebuild kit!), I can use my unsprung center plates and have them re-rivited onto new 5 puck clutch centers and then shim the pressure plate cover....if I'm going to all that effort I would really like to find someones shagged SPRUNG center plates that I can butcher.

Also if someone happens to have a set of plates and the pressure plate in new/good condition I'd be interested. *cough, yeah right, sif I'm that lucky :P*

I don't like my chances but I thought I'd ask Smile

in case anyone is wondering the bellow link shows pretty well what the setup looks like Smile
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl? lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.osgiken.co.jp% 2fpro_clutch%2fclutch%2fts2b.html

Cheers
Wilbo
  Send a private message to this user    
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: OS Giken Twin Plate Parts Wed, 27 April 2005 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow,300 for a clutch disc!!!! surely there must be a cheaper source.Makes me wonder what the HKS twin plate parts cost.
Good luck Wilbo,still have your starter.cheers.Pete. Smile
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: OS Giken Twin Plate Parts Thu, 28 April 2005 00:53 Go to previous message
Yep genuine OS stuff is *cough* a little out of my price range!

As it is I can use my shagged disks to make new disks, and the total cost of that is $150 per disk, and in future they could be reco'd for $110 (thats my only quote to date tho, I hear Direct clutches are cheaper than Nicks Clutches who I talked to yesterday...not a bad price really)...the thing is if I use my disks, I still won't get sprung centers....and I'd much rather have sprung centers!

Edit: oh yeah, starter motor! I should pick that up one day! lol

Cheers
Wilbo

[Updated on: Thu, 28 April 2005 00:54]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE70 Rack and pinion stearing with cross member
Next Topic:365cc 4agze injectors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 19:41:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037379264831543 seconds