Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » 1G Performance valve springs

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
680OST
Regular

August 2004
1G Performance valve springs Thu, 28 April 2005 00:59 Go to next message
Hey guys, due to the fact that the group buy thing was unfortunately squashed, I had actually gone ahead and arranged buying the springs I was going to get you all, and as such couldn't pull out of it. I did however grovel like hell over the price and got the 10 sets for $2000, so $200 a set. This is purely rediculous, as retail is $480, and I even paid $350 for mine when I picked them up myself, and didn't ask for a receipt. They fit all manner of 1G's, and have around 50% higher base pressure. I rev my engine to 9800rpm with 28psi and no valve bounce, I have also had my cams out twice in 1000 odd K's and the lobes are perfect, so bascially all thumbs up from personal experience.

So, basically, this is not a group buy, nor do I want to make anything from them, I just can't afford to have 10 sets of springs sitting around here that I have no use for, and that were originally bought in good faith for fellow toymodians. So, if you'd like a set, give me a call on 0410 730 598, I'll express freight them for $12,(think the big bag costs $11.80) but would prefer to do like 5 at a time so I don't have to go to the post office like 10 times.

Cheers.................6BOOST
  Send a private message to this user    
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: 1G Performance valve springs Thu, 28 April 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd be keen for a set. wouldn't be able to get them for at least another 2 weeks or so.
Assailant
Regular

"Cørønå ƒreåk"

May 2002

Re: 1G Performance valve springs Thu, 28 April 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im keen....Very Happy.. even though i already ordered mine for my custom cams...
cambelt
Regular

June 2003
Re: 1G Performance valve springs Thu, 28 April 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would they fit a 7mg
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 1G Performance valve springs Fri, 29 April 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are these duel springs?

With the discount that you get for being a member of the Toymods Car Club my 3S-GTE springs from performance springs were $85 delivered. They really do look after our members.
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1G Performance valve springs Sat, 30 April 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would be a bit weary of the performance springs at $85 ,you get what you pay for ,even ferrrea valve springs are in the mid $400 to $500 a set TRD and TODA are into that area as well
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: 1G Performance valve springs Sun, 01 May 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Performance Springs http://www.performancesprings.com.au/ are a sponsor of the club and make truely high quality springs. These have been used in some really high demand situations by toymoders let alone all of the other people who have bought them retail over the years. These springs are retailed by a variety of stores all over the country.

The reason why they were $85 is that Toymods Car Club members get the springs at trade price straight from the manufacturer rather than having to pay someone like Rocket etc to gett hem retail. You also aren't paying for a name, which is what you're doing with the ferea springs in my opinion.
680OST
Regular

August 2004
Re: 1G Performance valve springs Tue, 03 May 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trade price for these springs are $380, that is what I paid for my springs. I have no idea why your springs are so cheap, but maybe they are a very common spring, the bigger the batch they get made, the chepaer each set will be, these springs are specific to only 1g's, and some form or magna engine apparently, hence the high price. The price is only just above what he paid to have them manufactured, and the reason they are so cheap, is that I bought the last 10 sets he had left, gone, no more again.

Have 4 people so far that are keen, anyone else want to amek up the 5 to send off the first sets??

Cheers..................6BOOST
Oh, and please sms me or call me about them as I'm really busy at the moment and may not get back here often to chack if your keen for them.
680OST
Regular

August 2004
Re: 1G Performance valve springs Thu, 05 May 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still only have 4 people guys?? No one else interested??
1G-GTE KE70
Regular

December 2004
Re: 1G Performance valve springs Wed, 18 May 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man I might buy some. I dunno yet but
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G Performance valve springs Thu, 19 May 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Next month, June 15th, I'll buy a set off you
PM me to remind me that I said I would.
Just keep on my case, because I'll forget about it.
But I'll buy one set for my 1g.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1G Performance valve springs Wed, 25 May 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 11:08

Performance Springs http://www.performancesprings.com.au/ are a sponsor of the club and make truely high quality springs.

The reason why they were $85 is that Toymods Car Club members get the springs at trade price straight from the manufacturer rather than having to pay someone like Rocket etc to gett hem retail. You also aren't paying for a name, which is what you're doing with the ferea springs in my opinion.

Just to correct that, Toymods members actually get them at Wholesale price ! IE Fuckall over cost ! Allan will also be able to tell you what boost/rpm and cam lift they actually suit and at what seat pressure and suggested install heights. Most engine builders can't do that let alone people on these forums. But hey its your money ! If you want to pay for a name, import tax, customs duty,international shipping, multiple loacal freight, trade and retail markup over an above a proven Australian made product then buy all means enjoy. Personally I buy mine direct from the manufacturer !

Also please keep in mind the springs Josh got for $85 are NOT for a 1GGTE. If you want to know how much they are you need to contact them Smile Just please don't waste his time !

6BOOST, Do you know the springs specs ? coilbind, Seat pressure at standard installed height, pressure on the nose (Standard Cams)and do you have the factory spring specs to compare them ? That sort of info would allow people to make an informed decision and you may have more luck Smile

Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G Performance valve springs Fri, 27 May 2005 01:00 Go to previous message
I have contaced performance springs themselves and was given specs and trade price for 1ggte uprated springs, and the price was $304 at trade, though the perhaps lowest price i was told was to be about $250 odd, you might be able to get them cheaper, but im not sure. So all this seems to make the offer of them from 680OST at $200 each a decent price.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EOI : 3sge out of 1988 SX Celica
Next Topic:4age 100kw, C52 trans and parts for sale (SOLD)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:41:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052230358123779 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.