Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Wed, 27 November 2002 11:45 Go to next message
Alright, time for a history lesson people.
Early next month we will be cruising to Kurnell, the very headland where Captain Cook landed in Australia! I bet you're excited now aren't you? Very Happy

Time: 8:00pm sharp. That's right, another night cruise. I'm sure there's people out their with crappy radiators out there that owe me one. Smile
Date: Friday 6th December
Meeting at: Homebush Bay, at the carpaek just off Australia ave, right near the station.

Route: down Australia ave, right onto Homebush bay Drive, which becomes Centennary Drive. Turn right at the Hume Hwy & follow SW for about 3-4Kms, then turn right onto Stacey St.Follow Stacey street as it changes names a couple dozen times until Menai, where we turn left onto Menai rd.
Follow Menai rd as it changes to river rd then right at linden st. Turn left at the highway, and follow that up through 3 sets of lights & turn right at the 4th, the Boulevarde.
Now we stick to the Boulevarde as it changes to Captain Cook drv & follow it all the way to Silver beach where we'll find somewhere to stop & get some pics.

On the way back we can make a stop at Tom Uglys bridge for another picture opportunity (this is where my avatar pic was taken) depending on how we feel. Either way we'll head back up King Georges rd & find a suitably sized fast food outlet to fit us all in (depending on how many of us there are).

As usuall, bring your CBs & tune them into channel 16.
Hope to see you all there!
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Wed, 27 November 2002 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only question is... which car do i take??? Shocked

yeah joel, you will see me there im pretty sure! hopefully by then i can operate my feckin camera!
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 28 November 2002 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why not stop at Maccas at Sylvania before heading to the Bridge.
87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 28 November 2002 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depending on damm work, will be there... and should have a complete car this time, even if it is a heap of different colours
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 28 November 2002 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awww.. I'll be without a car...
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 28 November 2002 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Gary, only reason is because I don't know the area and the suitable stops. Smile
Let's make that they new plan, straight from Kurnell to Sylvania Maccas, then those keen for pics can head to the bridge.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 28 November 2002 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there...

Can we PLEASE go to Tom Ugly's Bridge for photos!!!!!!!!! I want some of my beast...

[Updated on: Thu, 28 November 2002 08:05]

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 28 November 2002 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah sorry ben, we'll only be taking photos of our cars, you can take photos of your beast at home in private! Razz
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 28 November 2002 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohhh, why not...

Hehehe... Sweet man...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 28 November 2002 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This sounds good Joel - So long as nothing conflicts i should be there. Nod
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 28 November 2002 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet kurnell nice and close passing through menai my home town! Very Happy

hopefully my car is up and running by then and will just meet yas down there.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 28 November 2002 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there an alternative food source to sylvania maccas.. i really have been put of EVERYTHING bar coke from maccas after the shitty thickshake last week.
Anyway, this should prove to be fun. Perhaps Mr Rolly the CSi will appear Shocked
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Fri, 29 November 2002 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been trying to get to a cruise with you guys for about 3 months now and this one would be perfect as I live in Menai.

But I'm going to be on freakin holidays then aren't I.

(wow.... never thought I'd be mad at being off work)

This is starting to piss me off Mad
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Fri, 29 November 2002 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate.. i take sundays off work to get to Toymods events!!

and you sometimes have to drive a lont way to get somewhere... so? Cool driving is fun Razz
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Fri, 29 November 2002 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it still on now it's raiinng?
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Fri, 29 November 2002 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remedy you in menai? im actually in Illawong have to catch up sometime.

and Witzl yea theres menai maccas instead of sylvania if you like =]

we have a subway if you prefer too Wink
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Fri, 29 November 2002 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugman wrote on Fri, 29 November 2002 16:23

is it still on now it's raiinng?

Luke,

Youre in the wrong thread, this cruise isnt till next week.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Fri, 29 November 2002 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh cool.. thought it was tonight.. Smiley =
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Mon, 02 December 2002 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your a dumbass beavis! Laughing

ill even take my own car i think this time Joel!
87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Mon, 02 December 2002 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god damm it.... working Sad
Bounty
Regular

May 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Tue, 03 December 2002 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might show up if weather is better than last friday.....
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Tue, 03 December 2002 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll come, if my car is in working order by then =]
The water pump died on me and its pissing out water. The sc12 needs attention.Rolling Eyes
Otherwise i'll ride shotgun.
Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 05 December 2002 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will this still be happening, seeing as though most of those places are on fire at the moment. If not to these specific locations, im open to other locations.
Bounty
Regular

May 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 05 December 2002 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah doesnt look very good with all the fires, is there gonna be any changes? Roads are being closed off from what Ive heard on the radio. Poor people loose their home before christmass tragic. Sad
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 05 December 2002 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this still on?
Since Joel's unfortunate mishap ?
Crying or Very Sad
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 05 December 2002 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edit:
oops
double post

[Updated on: Thu, 05 December 2002 13:48]

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 05 December 2002 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No official decision has been made on this, but I hope everyone will understand if I don't make it. Sad

Whether the cruise goes ahead is up to everyone else, people can follow the route I mapped out or they can head off in their own direction.
I feel pretty bad ditching the thing at the last minute, I imagine there are people planning on being there that might not read this before then.

Personally I don't see why a cruise should be canned just because I can't be there, but if the fires down that way are really bad then a change of destination would be a good idea.
I'd also feel better about anyone that may be unaware of these changes not having wasted their fri night turning up to a non-event. Smile

So sorry, I won't be able to make it, but don't let that stop you from cruising.
You could dedicate the night to my car! Razz
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 05 December 2002 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am willing to drive from the coast and go for a cruise, depends on how many people are gonna turn up and if the Freeway stays open !
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Thu, 05 December 2002 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i will still be turning up tonight, will try to get a few other blokes together and see what can happen.

If anyone still wants to go that would be awesome! Have no idea about the closures and fire conditions of the roads being taken, so ill have a look today and check it all out. I am also open to changing to route to suit whatever people feel like...

we'll see what happends when we get there tonight ok dudes!
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Fri, 06 December 2002 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heya Guys,

Joe and I will both still be going tonight. Smile

The destination may change depending on the roads and if anyone knows the way. We can decide that once everyone is there perhaps a trip to Harry cafe de Wheels or Manly for Icecreams ???

See you there at 8pm. Smile

And Joel give me a buzz if you need a car for a few days.. I have the Wagon spare for a week or so whilst Scrote is in QLD Smile I can bring it for you tonight if you want ?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Fri, 06 December 2002 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What have I missed here???

What happened to your car Joel???

I'll be there...
Bounty
Regular

May 2002

Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Sat, 07 December 2002 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was a nice night shame abt the turn out, I sorta took my own route to harrys and got there b4 the lot of ya Razz Then just done my regular city bondi etc run. Few cars out saw some custom airbrush work cars, seems to be more around these days. Ne ways hope the rest of yas had a good cruise. Smile
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Late Notice Cruise: Friday Night, 6th Dec. Mon, 16 December 2002 12:36 Go to previous message
How'd the cruise go?
Shame as i wanted to go.. it was my 18th bday
to bad i was in hospital and wont be driving for a few weeks Nope
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Any of you coasties get to the Woodport?
Next Topic:Southport Car Park Sat 14th dec
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:52:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069088935852051 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.