Toymods » Cruises and Events » [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]]

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 28 December 2004 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps we should plan a bigger cruise, one that can involve all the gt-fours that wish to come wherever they may be in oz.... Uluru is about the same distance from everywhere Razz Let's all meet there.

Seriously though, we need some planning. If we can get the cruise details planned and mapped out - then we should look at a date. It's okay for locals to just show up but anyone travelling a bit of distance needs notice and details so they can book accomodation.

So is anyone putting up their hand to organise??
  Send a private message to this user    
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Thu, 30 December 2004 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I'm out for the 16th now
something let go in my gearbox
and I dont have any gears left Mad
dont know if the pressure plate collapsed
or the selector broke ( I was being gentle at the
time Rolling Eyes) but she wont go into any gear Sad
I did use the "get the f*ck in there" method to get it home
so I'm sure theres a few misplaced teeth in there now
might get to the dyno day as a passenger depending
on who's going

cheers Very Happy
wyldie
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Fri, 31 December 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't rule out blowing your clutch completely up!

LOL sorry to hear dude.. hope it doesnt' cost you too much
w_e_b_s_t_o_r
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Sun, 02 January 2005 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im out for the 16th Sad .

I also think we should plan this well.

A colleague of mine's brother is mates with the Editor of SPEED magazine.

Ill ask them for a favour, hopefully they'll be interested in a look.

I will let you guys know.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 03 January 2005 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wyldie wrote on Fri, 31 December 2004 11:54

Don't rule out blowing your clutch completely up!

LOL sorry to hear dude.. hope it doesnt' cost you too much

ta mate

It will be interesting to see what let go Mad

now where did I leave those matches Rolling Eyes
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 04 January 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not going OS anymore due to work commitments Sad

Someone say when and where!
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 12 January 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Troy,

If you still wanna go ill pick you up if you want Smile

my car is givin me grief at the moment, but I wouldnt mind the drive...

This is slightly off topic, but if anyone can help a fellow gt4 driver it would be greatly appreciated.

can anyone shed some light on this?? My engine starts pinging once the engine is well and truly warmed up unless i drive it like a granny. If i switch it off after a drive then start up again after a few minutes the pinging is at its worse, until im guessing the engine bay gets a bit of cool air so im thinking its heat related.

It also comes about anywhere about 20% throttle, and gets worse when im at boost pressure.

If anyone has any insight please let me know. IMO its either fuel or electrics, like there is a starvation of fuel, or the distributor is not providing the correct timing under load

information on my cars setup is in this thread:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=54603&start=0&rid=7399&S=8d501b6c574 843dbbeadf53f2b0783f8

If anyone has a fuel pressure/flow tester or any other diagnostic equipment that might help I would be very grateful If i could use it. Someone please tell me its not carbon buildup, thats freaking me a bit and I would like to compete at dyno day Confused
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Thu, 13 January 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks dave your a champion Very Happy

still undecided if I'll be there or not

thanks for the unbelievable offer Shocked
but I wont ask you to do it Smile

dont tell me your car is playing up now
did you speak to SAS about it?
hope you can sort it before the day

let us know what happens & I'll let you
know if I'll be there.

cheers Very Happy

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Fri, 14 January 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Before I found out my head was cracked, I might have been a chance at GETTING to a Dyno Day if not competing in one. Now she's in pieces once again, and I'm probably going to pick up another head. Sad
KNG_GT4
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 19 January 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dudes im from melb r there any GT4 cruise it would b good if i c other st185s with me 4 a cruise alot better then skyline and silvias Rolling Eyes
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 19 January 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 is in Vic and has an ST185 (with a little bit of modifying done... Wink)
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Fri, 21 January 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I take it this won't be happening this month?

[Updated on: Fri, 21 January 2005 01:43]

1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Fri, 21 January 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zasa wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 12:42

I take it this won't be happening this month?

one day it will happen Rolling Eyes
I dont think theres too many gt4's actually running
at the moment Sad
I know mine is going to have a shed holiday
for a while No No No

cheers Very Happy
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Fri, 21 January 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^LOL...mines in the same situation...
w_e_b_s_t_o_r
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Sat, 22 January 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will let you guys know what the speed editor says.

Im thinkin early February is good.

Looks like theres alot of interest, will be an awesome day.

Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Sun, 23 January 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KNG_GT4 wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 17:54

hey dudes im from melb r there any GT4 cruise it would b good if i c other st185s with me 4 a cruise alot better then skyline and silvias Rolling Eyes

theres a few guys on www.ozcelica.com with GT-4's in melbourne
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Sun, 23 January 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
re gt4 thing - dont think its going to happen in a hurry at this rate ..

Why not tie it to say the toymods easter event ? All meet at that or something - At least if we get minimal GT4's there will still be somethign to do ..

Sound logical ?
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 07 February 2005 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good, but let's just hope everyone that's expressed an interest so far is ready. Easter is still a way off, but it gives me plenty of chance to get mine running and eventually tuned too!! Very Happy
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 07 February 2005 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
easter does sound good
but I still think I'll be pushing mine there Razz
you never know Rolling Eyes
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 07 February 2005 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if you need a hand to push, let me know.. Very Happy
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 07 February 2005 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a plan andrew Smile
how fast do you reckon we'll get
it going down moonee monnee bridge Rolling
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 07 February 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon if we don't hit at least 160km/h, we gotta start working on leg muscles... Laughing Razz
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 08 February 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i can get rid of this bloody ping id be there with bells on...but so far no matter what i do seems to have little or no effect.... Sad
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Thu, 10 February 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hopefully my car can be the start of a return of sick & unwell GT4s to the road... cos after an extensive period in the workshop, my car is finally back on the road for the first time since christmas!
Repaired steering mount, fully recoed gearbox & new clutch make my car feel like new! Cool
In a world of frustrated GT4 owners where success stories are few & far between, I wanna hear some upbeat stories people! Smile

All GT4s should be sold with free money trees... Confused
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Thu, 10 February 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats great news man!!!

today was a fucken great day for me!! my quarter pannels arrived, 3 week wait from japan and here they are!

http://img151.exs.cx/img151/2213/dsc0227medium7fy.jpg

Probably a month or two away from being on the road Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 14 February 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooooh big boxes hehe...thats good news dude!

yeah seems as though the GT4 ranks have been a bit under the weather, well mine goes back to SAS on thursday for some retuning and hopefully the end of my engine problems, if it is, then ill be more upbeat than Richard Simmons on Prozac! Laughing

without the homosexual connotations...ahem. Surprised

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2005 07:35]

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 14 February 2005 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finally a good-news story. Very Happy

Mine got back on the road after head repair work only last week. Now she's running cooler than a cucumber, but the engine still feels damn hot! Shocked Need to get my new tacho wired in, give the engine some time to settle itself so I can put the Power FC back in and get it tuned. I had a base map on the Power FC, but this was when the head needed work and it was running exceptionally hot. I think this will need to be re-done, and following that I'll have to get my bitch booked into Southern Motorworks for a top-end tune and power run. Evil or Very Mad
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 14 February 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dream of a time when my gt4
is on the road for more than a
year Very Happy
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 15 February 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh, I'd like to be problem-free with my ride for more than a WEEK! Evil or Very Mad
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 15 February 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RAV-GT4 wrote on Tue, 15 February 2005 11:25

Heh, I'd like to be problem-free with my ride for more than a WEEK! Evil or Very Mad

here here! Laughing

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Tue, 15 February 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, I'll be inSydney on Sturday 19/2 to Thursday 24/2ish (departure date not confirmed yet). Provided I can sort the ST185 out that I'm going over there to buy, I'll be up for a meet, if not, I call shotgun with someone!

Anyone got two beds spare for those dates too, my mate and I need somewhere to stay ?!?

[Updated on: Tue, 15 February 2005 02:38]

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Sat, 19 February 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No beds here mate, but I'll be keen to hook up with you later on tonight. Smile
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 02 March 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well to keep this thread, and the dream of loads of gt4's all in one place tearing up the tarmac im posting an update on my baby's progress

She's been living at SAS while they cure the case of the knocks my car has developed. Its been a bit convoluted, but i think we see the light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully its not a train!

since i have a km quota to make up when i get my car back on friday ill be road trippin interstate on the weekend. If anyone wants to meet up or hang out in QLD or thereabouts let me know and ill see if i can drop by. Very Happy

If anyone can provide a yard to pitch a tent in or a place to crash that would be even better hehe

Cant wait to drive her again!! Guys, post up your cars condition and dates within the next few weeks that you think we could get a cruise happening, im free any weekend this month
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 02 March 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm still good for a cruise, although I'm saving to get the rest of the tuning done.
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Thu, 03 March 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still broken Sad
Hawk
Regular

August 2003
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Thu, 03 March 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Silverghost, let us know what your destination plans are for the weekend and I'll try and free up a couple of hours.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Fri, 04 March 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car is still goin strong ! but im a bit worried after hearing all the story of troubles... I have one tiny rattle but its comin from the engine bay so im a little worried. What does pinging sound like? mine rattle on and off between 2000 and 3000rpm. Also im workin all weekdays so if a cruise it happenin its gotta be a weekend for me. Cheers,
Bill Very Happy
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 07 March 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few of us from the ACT are organising a photo shoot on the 17th of April. if we get enough interest there is the possibility of Neal Bates turning up and then a tour of his work shop.

here is the link to the thread about it

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=60520&start=0&rid=8417&S=12f206589a4 f23d8f5d4e2e6687cb0f9
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Mon, 07 March 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really?! Wow, I'd come down to Canberra for that...
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Fri, 11 March 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Hawk,

Sorry for the late reply, just been snowed under at work...hadnt actually gotten the car back until today. but its all good and behavin itself now so it will probably be next week that i come up that way. Will keep you posted

goin for a cruise down canberra way tonight...probably be there around 11:30 if anyones keen....shoot me an email. dvsxf@hotmail.com
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Fri, 11 March 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Bill,

pinging sounds like a high frequency metallic tapping noise that comes from your engine under load.

you usually hear it from idiots driving manual econoboxes like excels etc who forget to downchange when exiting a corner and try to accelerate away in 5th...
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Sat, 12 March 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi SilverGhost

If I had found out you were coming down earlier I would have met up next time your looking at coming down give me some warning

Cheers
YGT

WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Thu, 17 March 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SilverGhost wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 18:20

Hey Bill,

pinging sounds like a high frequency metallic tapping noise that comes from your engine under load.

you usually hear it from idiots driving manual econoboxes like excels etc who forget to downchange when exiting a corner and try to accelerate away in 5th...

Thanx dude, my car makes the noise whether its movin or standing still so it does it even when the engine is under load so im hoping that means my car isn't pinging. Thanx,
Bill
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Thu, 17 March 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your car pings at idle, you got problems. What's your warm idle speed?
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Thu, 17 March 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The noise could be anything from just something rattling in the engine bay, to maybe something like noisy tappets caused by worn shims. Take it to a friendly mechanic who you trust & get him to listen to it. Smile
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Thu, 31 March 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey my car went into a car dyno tune this week and they said the rattle sounded like a loose heat shield or somethin of the sorts so doesn't seem to be pinging.

EDIT: warm up idle speed is bout 800rpm and it doesn't actually rattle at idle it just makes the rattle when revved to around 2500rpm and up when stopped sorry didn't clarify too well

[Updated on: Thu, 31 March 2005 05:41]

sly83
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 06 April 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there,
I just picked up a nice condition red GT4 last week and i love it. Been watching this thread with some interest as it would be very unique to get many cars of this type together.

I'm from QLD but if the timing is right i am definitely down for a cruise somewheres. I'll call it a road trip Very Happy

Peace out..
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 20 April 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump

im still keen
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Wed, 20 April 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So am I
ralfross
Regular

On Probation

April 2005
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Thu, 21 April 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lets go.
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: [[[[[[[[ GT-Four Cruise ]]]]]]]] Thu, 28 April 2005 08:04 Go to previous message
lets get started then

I think it should be on a long weekend

some where central to most people coming
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EAST COAST TARGA 2005
Next Topic:Toymods APRIL Event - PUTT PUTT! Sunday 24th April
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:18:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011189937591553 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.