Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Hesitating 4ag Wed, 27 April 2005 14:13 Go to next message
my 4ag 100kw engine hesistates/poor acceleration when it reaches between 4000rpm to 5000rpm ...it lags between those rpm and the engine seems to be revvving but the car aint moving much.

anything i should look at besides its Timing?

also, WHERE is the clutch cable connected to in the engine bay as i would like to adjust the clutch level for shorter feel.

Last but not least, can someone explain about this baffle thingy on the fuel tank? i've seen some sprinter wanting to modify or change to a JDM ae86's fueltank..what's the difference?

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
bantech
Regular

September 2004
Re: Hesitating 4ag Wed, 27 April 2005 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You might want to confirm but I think you'll find the clutch is hydraulic - ie no clutch cable. So I'd start with bleeding it. Just check first. If there's a slave cylinder at the selector fork it is hydraulic.

Adding 2 and 2 together (and maybe getting 3) maybe a shagged clutch is causing the hesitation between 4 and 5k. Does it matter what gear you're in?
Satoshi
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Hesitating 4ag Wed, 27 April 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bantech wrote on Thu, 28 April 2005 06:28

You might want to confirm but I think you'll find the clutch is hydraulic - ie no clutch cable. So I'd start with bleeding it. Just check first. If there's a slave cylinder at the selector fork it is hydraulic.

Adding 2 and 2 together (and maybe getting 3) maybe a shagged clutch is causing the hesitation between 4 and 5k. Does it matter what gear you're in?

i'm sure there's a way i can adjust the clutch pedal for a shorter feel..no?

what do u mean add 2 to 2 together??

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Hesitating 4ag Thu, 28 April 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian (ae95) has pictures of both the inside of the JDM and ADM tank, ask politely, or search and youll find it.

as for choosing the clutch friction point, i wouldnt have a clue on a non-cable setup. screw/adjust something on the slave cylinder?!??!

as for your flat spot. could be timing, could be tune. i seriously doubt its your clutch seeing as you said it kicks back in above 5000.

best of luck.

Eldar.O.
Drew-AE86
Regular

August 2002

Re: Hesitating 4ag Fri, 29 April 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much fuel do you normally leave in your fuel tank?

If you are using the Australian spec fuel tank, i recommend always trying to keep it above 1/4 of a tank, as i used to have this problem at about the same rev range. It turned out to be the motor was being starved of fuel, fill up the tank, and wallah, problem solved!
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hesitating 4ag Fri, 29 April 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86 is hydrolic clutch..

Where the clutch bites has a lot to do with the pressure plate, how worn the clutch plate it, air in the system, etc. Master cylinder and slave cylinder sizes.

You can adjust the clutch freeplay at the peddle but this wont really change where the clutch bites unless you have shit loads of slack in the peddle before it pushes the master cylinder in.

sxr01r
Regular

November 2003
Re: Hesitating 4ag Fri, 29 April 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with the lagging, i have an ae92 sx and i sorta get the same prob but lower in the rev range. i get it around 3000-3500. its definately one of 3 things. fuel, ignition, or spark.
if u can get a timing light the ignition should be on about 10deg btdc however when doing my timing i found it went alot better and was more responsive at around 13-14deg on 98octane.
just check plugs as well and maybe have a look or get the injectors serviced.

as with the clutch depending on the box youve got there may be an adjustable bit on the fork although it is still hydraulic. its like a thread that joins the piston to the fork. also just because the friction point is high doesnt mean the clutch is shagged, the new clutch in the corolla is right off the floor and it new... go figure

anyways good luck finding the probs
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Hesitating 4ag Fri, 29 April 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is doing this, doesnt really take off until 6000 RPM, no idea what is wrong but there are a few things i need to change, and some sensors that i need to fit.

as for the clutch, do as joel suggests, but it will make a difference, just adjust it until it feels right.

The clutch pedal has a threaded hole on it that pushes a threaded pushrod that goes to the master cylinder. This pushrod is locked in place with a nut that is tightened against the threaded hole.

to adjust, loosed the nut and spin the pushrod to achieve the level of adjustment you want. the first time you do this it is necassary to lie on your back under the steering wheel, but after that you know where all the bits are and can do it sitting in the drivers seat.

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hesitating 4ag Fri, 29 April 2005 08:31 Go to previous message
When my clutchwas worn, I had my pedal adjusted to a really short throw - was great! Now I have to have the longer throw because I got a new clutch but it's all good - still works Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wiring up fuel pump
Next Topic:front mounting on ae92 --smaller radiator out of question?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 21:41:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051741600036621 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.