Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Removing 4AGZE intercooler completely...how safe?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
icon11.gif  Removing 4AGZE intercooler completely...how safe? Fri, 29 April 2005 11:18 Go to next message
Yo ppl,
Has anyone just plumbed the supercharger outlet straight into the intake manifold? (ie removed intercooler)

How safe is it on ZE's?

Im assuming it would be ok if ambient temp was below 30 degrees and you don't cain it too hard...

Cheers
-daniel-
  Send a private message to this user    
boog
Regular

April 2005
Re: Removing 4AGZE intercooler completely...how safe? Fri, 29 April 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant see y it would hurt it . alot of the commodore and ford blower and supercharger systems dont run a cooler at all ????? just run it on a gas anilyser to make sure the mixture isnt leaning out to much ???? the gze engines are shit hot and hell strong so you shouldent have to much problem......
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Removing 4AGZE intercooler completely...how safe? Fri, 29 April 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt recommend it for a permanent or even semi-permanent solution... but it is possible to do.

dont thrash the engine though.. the cooler is there for a good reason.
nick.parker
Regular

January 2005
Re: Removing 4AGZE intercooler completely...how safe? Fri, 29 April 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,
If you've ever searched and found 'Bigmike' on the internet, he was running a 'super hot' SC14 setup without an intercooler. He said he had a '3 stage methanol and water' injection system and the engine was more responsive without the intercooler, and claimed 270hp..hmmm...I'm sure his car was good but 270???
He was running a high comp ZE, very fancy TED exhaust, cams, na inlet manifold, big throttle, re-done piping etc.... His 'G-Tech figures' were 0-60 in 5.8 seconds and he could redline the car in top gear at 150mph apparently. Car was an AW11 SC.

I looked, but I'm not sure what happened to his website....otherwise I'd give you a link.

Cheers, Nick.
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: Removing 4AGZE intercooler completely...how safe? Fri, 29 April 2005 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is no way i would endorse that, farout... the temps existing the sc12 reach the region of 130degrees after short boosting. sure it will be more responsive, but it will see an early grave for sure.

the stock GZ cooler is a PEICE OF SH*T, upgrade it, with anything.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Removing 4AGZE intercooler completely...how safe? Fri, 29 April 2005 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy the cooler ae95 has for sale Smile

Eldar.O.
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: Removing 4AGZE intercooler completely...how safe? Fri, 29 April 2005 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, the only reason i ask is i need a temp solution until i can front mount....and i don't want a give-away bonnet scoop.
also Adsport : the stock intercooler looks like it flows really well...or am i wrong in thinking that?
It looks like pipework is going to be an absolute bitch unless i change my radiator (get a a less-wide one) so i can easily run pipes to the front bar.

What do you guys think of laser tx3 turbo radiators? Look like that will fit well, and they are shorter! Surprised

Or are there any known standard radiators that are shorter in width that are still adequate to cool a serious ZE?

Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Removing 4AGZE intercooler completely...how safe? Fri, 29 April 2005 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You'll be fine. Sure I think its a BAD idea, but it won't harm anything. I know of a few guys who thrash their non-intercooled ZEs and they seem to still be running.

Gemini radiators suit perfectly (and they come in two or three core). I run one of them and a two inch pipe fits past the end easily without cutting the radiator support panel. A two core one handles 110rwkw and constant thrashing unless its 30+ degrees (and I mean constant thrashing).

Hen
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: Removing 4AGZE intercooler completely...how safe? Fri, 29 April 2005 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Henn!!!!!
Corka! I'll go a 3" core Gemi radiator for sure mate *with aussie drawl accent*

but seriously : cheers thats sounds perfect for my application.
How much did it cost you to get one in decent condition?

-daniel-
Smile
Hilux_1j
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Removing 4AGZE intercooler completely...how safe? Sat, 30 April 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This may sounds stupid.. but I would hate to drive my GZE with no cooler.. even though the stoick GZE one isn't the best, it is better than nothing!!
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Removing 4AGZE intercooler completely...how safe? Sat, 30 April 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$40. However I have no idea if it was a decent one. It just went straight into the car. Not sure exactly which model of fulsik Gemi its out of either.

Henn
Adsport
Regular

December 2003
Re: Removing 4AGZE intercooler completely...how safe? Sat, 30 April 2005 12:18 Go to previous message
"also Adsport : the stock intercooler looks like it flows really well...or am i wrong in thinking that? "

Hell yes

"It looks like pipework is going to be an absolute bitch unless i change my radiator (get a a less-wide one) so i can easily run pipes to the front bar."

heres a piping job i did myself for a mate, vr4 cooler (not mounted by me) the piping isnt as bad as you think.

http://www.members.westnet.com.au/adsport/gzecapiping.jpg

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Soarer 1JZ Exhaust, Cat back worth while?
Next Topic:CA18DET+AE86 help!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 19:38:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059559345245361 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.