Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Sat, 30 April 2005 02:03 Go to next message
Hey all,

I've been slaving over this video, trying to get the size vs quality thing at an optimum. So i've ended up with a 20MB file thats watchable.

This is a clip of my dad's car going thru a qualifying session.
Duration - 11mins 26secs

http://www.abbeysound.com.au/gt40.avi

http://www.abbeysound.com.au/jnicol/gt40/rearleft.jpg

Enjoy!
  Send a private message to this user    
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Sat, 30 April 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not a bad video...

wat happened did he get tapped in the rear end n step out or just a lock up?

ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Sat, 30 April 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Porsche 911 ran down the inside of the corner and ran out of brakes. Hit him right in the wheel Crying or Very Sad
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Sat, 30 April 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow You've got a fast server...

And your dads got himself a fast car...
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Sat, 30 April 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The day after the video, some unfortunate business went down.

http://www.gt40s.com/ubbthreads/files/56140-GT40Damagebywfield001%28600x450%29.jpg

http://www.gt40s.com/ubbthreads/files/56144-GT40Damagebywfield015%28600x450%29.jpg

A clubman smacked into the side of him and busted a lower A arm and an upright. Also the wheel was damaged too.

So now for some crazy reason my dad has bought another motor for the car. So he will be back with more power....
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Sat, 30 April 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fark!!!

Too bad... I want another vid up here once the engines been changed!!!
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Sat, 30 April 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT40 = teH horn.

And I notice Dr Mort's MG passing your old man.

As they say, it doesn't matter what the question is, the answer is always more power. And lots of cylinders.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Sat, 30 April 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whaaaa.... por stiff car looks abit buggered...

wats the motor? v8 tt? Laughing

that would b insane
BIG RWKW!!!!
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Sat, 30 April 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great to see the video done, now just have to see the video Razz
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Sun, 01 May 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
h3ff44 wrote on Sat, 30 April 2005 19:42

whaaaa.... por stiff car looks abit buggered...

wats the motor? v8 tt? Laughing

that would b insane
BIG RWKW!!!!

Just a warm 302 windsor....
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Sun, 01 May 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what's the codec used by the video stream? i tried Quicktime 7 (just a few days after release) and windoez media player and even Mplayer but none of them (on mac) seem to understand the video stream ;(
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Mon, 02 May 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've never been a fan of the rear uprights on most GT40 replicas I've seen, so I'm not really surprised to see one break there. - looks like it won't be cheap to replace either. . . Crying or Very Sad

SERIOUSLY noice work packing the camera in-car though - KUDOS ! ! Very Happy It looks like it goes hard with the Windsor in there - what's your Dad going to be packing that goes harder? 351 Cleveland? Muhahahahahaa ! Evil or Very Mad

Might I suggest yo' papa keeps his hands on opposite sides of the steering wheel? I really can't work out how he was getting around that quick hanging both hands off one side of the wheel!!!
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Mon, 02 May 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 09:57

what's the codec used by the video stream? i tried Quicktime 7 (just a few days after release) and windoez media player and even Mplayer but none of them (on mac) seem to understand the video stream ;(

I used Windows Media Video 9 codec... I hope Microsoft has developed a codec compatable with Macs. If not, either find a PC or I might recompress the video into divx/xvid.

The new motor that going into the car is just a hotter 302. But its got a tough bottom end unlike the current engine atm. Hes getting a new intake manifold made up for it too. Thats about as much as I know at this point.

I'll have to watch the video again and take notice of the hands on the wheel Confused

Cheers,
James
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Mon, 02 May 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just looking at Natsoft for the results....
I presume your old man is Ross?

1:20 not bad!
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Mon, 02 May 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 11:27

The new motor that going into the car is just a hotter 302. But its got a tough bottom end unlike the current engine atm. Hes getting a new intake manifold made up for it too. Thats about as much as I know at this point.

I'll have to watch the video again and take notice of the hands on the wheel Confused

Cheers,
James

Trumpets! Trumpets! Trumpets! Trumpets! Trumpets! Trumpets! Trumpets! Trumpets! Trumpets! Trumpets! Trumpets! Trumpets! Trumpets! Trumpets! Trumpets! Trumpets!
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Mon, 02 May 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, my dad is Ross Nicol.

http://www.abbeysound.com.au/images/gt40inletm1.jpg

Thats the current manifold thats on the car, his new one has straight runners instead of these ones that put a 45deg angle in the air path.

http://www.abbeysound.com.au/motor.htm - build up pics of the current motor.

http://www.abbeysound.com.au/ross'scars.htm - the whole lot. Bit out of date now, but meh, have a squiz.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Mon, 02 May 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate, that's pure 24Karat GOLD

Is the Ferrari a replica or the real-deal?

I can cruise down to Franky-Town ANYTIME your Dad wants to take me for a spin in the GT40 ! ! ! ! . Is it a Roaring 40's kit? what sort of ballpark $$$$ did it cost him to get it on the road?
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: In-car video of GT40 at Sandown Mon, 02 May 2005 03:54 Go to previous message
begging for a couple of snails there, that would make it fun Evil or Very Mad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Defected but not, Police prove their uselessness once again!
Next Topic:Where to buy replacement greddy air filter
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 06:19:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004709005355835 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.