Forums Junkie

October 2002

DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 03:25 Go to next message
i just saw that drifting is about to come on speedweek after the ads, go now
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i watched it was good, anyone watch the dutton rally on channel ten, there was a landcruiser competing that had 300kw at the wheels and was charging very hard, got it up on two wheels during one of the motorkhana stages.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good coverage of the drift once again, but those commentators need to liven it up a whole lot. It aint golf.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 14:01

Good coverage of the drift once again, but those commentators need to liven it up a whole lot. It aint golf.

yeh, get some over excited D1 competitors speaking really fast in japanese, they are funny as hell Very Happy

i didnt see the cruiser, but i have heard of it, it's a boosted 1FZ i think {same as MS-75's}

my sister saw the car park part, first car she saw was the AMG merc do a huge skid Shocked
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was a prius as well funny as fuck, the guy just ripped the handbrake and looped it around, understeered like a pig, otherwise
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the drift was excellent, great too see more and more coverage Smile

well done to the DA team!
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not enough toyotas Sad

DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep caught it, wasnt bad. fuck that cappa ute is like a bushfire.. Shocked .

what happened to beau yates and his 86???
, although he cracked in the rexy
JoELMaN
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i recon..musta got a good offer to drive the rex..but god he is a good driver..wrxs arnt light

awsome coverage..hopefully we see more, they said they got an good responce from last week so more than likely we will Very Happy
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh it was great

did anyone see the VN (??) commodore trying to drift??

ive never watched drift before but i could tell that heavy piece of shit commodore wasnt doin it to good Laughing

it looked like it couldnt even turn the bloody corners it was that heavy Very Happy

also, see that 17 year old?? he was doin pretty good (Y)

[Updated on: Sun, 01 May 2005 10:52]

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some dumb comments... the VN wasnt doing too bad on the day (i was there all weekend in person) and he can drive it pretty damn well.

also it weighs 1350 kgs... same as the wrx Wink
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brett_celicacoupe wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 20:15

ive never watched drift before but i could tell that heavy piece of shit commodore wasnt doin it Laughing

Lol, the driver is actually fairly deacent just that he didnt go too well those runs. Spose the little hachi getting away from him made it look worse. =/
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well he was doing okay i guess

although it just looked like the car wasnt the best to drift Confused

maybe i am wrong Confused
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

wrxs arnt light
Stock, no - but you'd be surprised how much you can get the weight down if you pour money into the preparation Very Happy
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn it - I missed this weekends Sad

I was out pulling bits off 1ggte....*shrug*

hope the drift becomes a regular feature on ten Smile
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL i didnt really pull away at all he was right there all the time but i did manage to keep up!

equation goes like this :-

commodore 1350 kg's : 500+ hp
pink sprinter 860kg's : 150 hp.

its not really very easy at all Confused

[Updated on: Sun, 01 May 2005 15:01]

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Sun, 01 May 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a shame about the tracks Josh the only one that resembles a tight course is Sydneys Driftland.. meaning it is more about power down here..
duskwolf
Regular

April 2005

Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Mon, 02 May 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2drift wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 23:00

LOL i didnt really pull away at all he was right there all the time but i did manage to keep up!

equation goes like this :-

commodore 1350 kg's : 500+ hp
pink sprinter 860kg's : 150 hp.

its not really very easy at all Confused

Here's an easier equation:

Commodore : Piece Of Shit
Sprinter : The Shit!
:D:D
brodiepearce
Regular

February 2005

Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Mon, 02 May 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grrrrrr Mad i keep missing these rare features damnit,,hopefully it'll be on speedweek next sunday so thats my weekend planned Laughing
yeah, i agree with bathurst-91, the drift tracks aren't tight enough, i remember goin to driftnats at willowbank, boring most of the time watching bloody skylines powerover through long bends, then watching the ae86s hug the curb on the hairpin on the back straight Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy whilst the rest of the S14s Rolling Eyes and skylines either drove into the dirt or went VERY wide, watchin tezuka and the D1 drivers was awesome though, he did a couple of dirt drop drifts (by accident i think) on the long bend in the laurel..

[Updated on: Mon, 02 May 2005 05:24]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Mon, 02 May 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRFT - 86 wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 17:35

I thought one of the rods is beau`s 20v exited the block in a big way.

Was in drift battle about a month ago.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Mon, 02 May 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 14:59

DRFT - 86 wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 17:35

I thought one of the rods is beau`s 20v exited the block in a big way.

Was in drift battle about a month ago.

yeah that happened in january during drift nationals at mallala, he had the car running again two weeks later Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Mon, 02 May 2005 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good footage Smile I taped it.

Don't forget to let SBS know that we like it people. It could be a SBS vs ch10 thing soon.
duskwolf
Regular

April 2005

Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Mon, 02 May 2005 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just thinking.. if anyone wants to record these, i can provide hosting for them, for anyone who does miss them (like me) and also for historical purposes Very Happy

I have a feeling SBS will jump on this one though.. what with the D1 possibilities, and they primarily deal in international events/low budget tv. but yea.. could be good to see..
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Tue, 03 May 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sbs did an awsome job of the coverage, hehe and my car is as we speak at the dyno, for some how shall we say.... fettling. we will see exactly how far my n/a setup can go by the weekend at oran park.....
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Tue, 03 May 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its being shown again on Thursday at 7:30pm on Speedweek on Foxtel. Although if its the exact same show as Sunday it will probably be more like 9pm Rolling Eyes
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Tue, 03 May 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks indi Laughing
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Wed, 04 May 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2drift wrote on Tue, 03 May 2005 11:46

thanks indi Laughing

Just want to say congrats on the presentation of the car! Looked great on the telly! The driving certainly made it look even better!... So i'm curious will you be at Oran this Saturday???
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Wed, 04 May 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats on @ oran?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Wed, 04 May 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IDA drift comp on saturday
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Wed, 04 May 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah sweet! thanks Smile
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Wed, 04 May 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.initialdrift.com.au/forums/viewtopic.ph p?t=2368

Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Fri, 06 May 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man - how damn good was Michael Spencer into turn one - pity his car broke Sad He was the only guy that (as far as I could see from the camera angles) was doing genuine 'scandinavian' flicks into the first turn. A couple of other people did some weaving before the corner, but nothing like a proper flick. I reckon he would have even topped Beau's effort if they'd been paired up.

(anyone who says 'inertia' drift will get their ass kicked).
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: DRIFTING ON SPEEDWEEK NOW, 1.23pm Fri, 06 May 2005 22:46 Go to previous message
UUP-46X wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 10:22

mr2drift wrote on Tue, 03 May 2005 11:46

thanks indi Laughing

Just want to say congrats on the presentation of the car! Looked great on the telly! The driving certainly made it look even better!... So i'm curious will you be at Oran this Saturday???

doesnt do it justice still, i'll try to take some "poser" shots at the may 21st meet
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Te27 a Go Go
Next Topic:double su help
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:48:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070359706878662 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.