Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Money Scam Email - Look what I just got!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Sun, 01 May 2005 13:03 Go to next message
hahahahah pure "outhouse" I know but I wanted to share it with you all

Dear Friend,

I am Lagutin Yuriy and I represent Mr. Mikhail Khordokovsky the former C.E.O of Yukos Oil Company in Russia. I have a very sensitive and confidential brief from this top (Oligarch) to ask for your partnership in re-profiling funds over US$450 million. I will give the details, but in summary, the funds are coming via Bank Menatep.

This is a legitimate transaction. You will be paid 4% for your "Management Fees".Write back by email and provide me with your confidential telephone number, fax number and email address and I will provide further details and instructions. Please keep this confidential; we can?t afford more political problems. Finally, please note that this must be concluded within two weeks. Please write back promptly.

Write me back. I look forward to it.

Regards,
Lagutin Yuriy.

[Updated on: Sun, 01 May 2005 13:05]

Send a private message to this user    
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Sun, 01 May 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do it Rob...do it...FOR SALE ST162 Razz...need funds to get share of $450M ....

LMAO...these guys never stop trying....i got a letter in the mail once saying I have inherited $40Million. from someone that has never existed in out family tree. RRRRIIIIIPPPPP , straight in the bin.

seriusly tho. ignore it. Smile

Karl
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Sun, 01 May 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ignored it .5 of a millisecond after I saw it. Very Happy

You mean I shouldn't follow through? Razz hehehehe

I just thought this was so darn funny.
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Sun, 01 May 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
follow through with and see what they say.
its calling for one of those P-P-P-Powerbook moments
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Sun, 01 May 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is funny.

I always seem to read these "nigerian" scam letters with a curry muncher accent in my mind.

But even when I saw it said russian, I still couldn't stop the accent. Very Happy

Another funny is it's supposed to be confidential, yet you're a complete stranger to them. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Maybe you should also just for shits and giggles, forward the email to yuko's oil (yes, it's a real company), and let them know some possible theft of their money is going down. Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Sun, 01 May 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah P-P-P Powerbook so funny. B

Apollo wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 23:48

Maybe you should also just for shits and giggles, forward the email to yuko's oil (yes, it's a real company), and let them know some possible theft of their money is going down. Very Happy

DONE Wink
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Sun, 01 May 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have an email saying, i am getting your emails in my account, i have a file saved for you with all your emails i received, i am scepticle about opening it Confused .
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Sun, 01 May 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 21:54

Ah P-P-P Powerbook so funny. B

Apollo wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 23:48

DONE Wink

BAHAHA

fucking GOLD!

just email them back every once and a while and waste their time or something...

Eldar.O.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Sun, 01 May 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i seem to be getting more of the western union scam letters (they send money into our account, you send it on via western union, they then reverse original transfer and western union does nothing to retrieve the money - or similar kind of scam)

to get around spam filters, they're now sending the text as a GIF file

gee.. i've always wanted to work for the international medical corporation - whose email address is actually: <fcoamwbchiyp@yahoo.com> or <tovkadqmatn@yahoo.com> who actually live at <as1-200-52-2-241.mtyxl.axtel.net> which is actually in mexico!)

fuken hilarious...

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Sun, 01 May 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 00:07

i seem to be getting more of the western union scam letters (they send money into our account, you send it on via western union, they then reverse original transfer and western union does nothing to retrieve the money - or similar kind of scam)

to get around spam filters, they're now sending the text as a GIF file

gee.. i've always wanted to work for the international medical corporation - whose email address is actually: <fcoamwbchiyp@yahoo.com> or <tovkadqmatn@yahoo.com> who actually live at <as1-200-52-2-241.mtyxl.axtel.net> which is actually in mexico!)

fuken hilarious...

hehe yay for headers! Very Happy
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Sun, 01 May 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob, imagine what 450 million dollars worth of mods could do for your ST162 Very Happy .

[Updated on: Sun, 01 May 2005 14:10]

jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Sun, 01 May 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i get these all the time. basically they want u to send them money so they can send you money. Razz
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Sun, 01 May 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 00:09

Rob, imagine what 450 million dollars worth of mods could do for your ST162 Very Happy .

it's already perfect! what could they possibly tempt me with? A Celsior perhaps? umm well yes actually Razz heheh

I wonder if I will get a reply from the oil company!? Will post it right up here if I do.

Should I take out a hotmail account and reply to the dude? hmmm nah can't be bothered too much hassle
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Sun, 01 May 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 00:12

smt_007 wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 00:09

it's already perfect! what could they possibly tempt me with? A Celsior perhaps? umm well yes actually Razz heheh

I wonder if I will get a reply from the oil company!? Will post it right up here if I do.

Should I take out a hotmail account and reply to the dude? hmmm nah can't be bothered too much hassle

Yes get new hotmail account. Cool
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Sun, 01 May 2005 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get some hints from 419eater.com

Good for a laugh and how to deal with these types
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Mon, 02 May 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what you wanna do is get fake id's and everything and set up an account with no money in it, and new hotmail account etc, so when they try and fleece your account there is no money in it anyway, just for shits and giggles.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Mon, 02 May 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheh that sounds like a LOT of work Very Happy
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Mon, 02 May 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Listen to this file, its the funniest with a scammer talking to a guy making arnie soundfiles while talking to him Laughing Laughing :

http://419eater.com/images/martins_davis_050405a.m p3
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Mon, 02 May 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 23:29

I have an email saying, i am getting your emails in my account, i have a file saved for you with all your emails i received, i am scepticle about opening it Confused .

Thats a worm - delete it and do not open it.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Mon, 02 May 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 10:52

smt_007 wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 23:29

Thats a worm - delete it and do not open it.

open it at an internet cafe Laughing
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Mon, 02 May 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Can you actually find out where these emails are coming from?

I've got about 3,000-odd SPAM emails in my SPAM folder and I'd like to be able to send all these emails to the source.

It'd be amusing that for each SPAM email I get I send a few thousand SPAM back to them.

seeyuzz
river
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Mon, 02 May 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, tell him.."...No....you send ME the money and ill give YOU 450million"

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Mon, 02 May 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We got a nigerian scammer try to rip us off at work.

The guy enquired about a bunch of expensive products supposedly to be delivered to the US and then tried to order via credit card.

We promptly told him to get stuffed and send a bank cheque drawn on an oz bank.

He then sent a Wells Fargo cashiers cheque for 12,000USD... the stuff he wanted was only $8,000AU so he wanted change via T/T.
I banked the cheque and thought f'ck him he can wait until the cheque clears.

About a week later I get an email saying he wants the stuff sent to Nigeria.

The cheque cleared about two weeks after that and the bank offered our financial controller cash because it was a cashiers cheque but she just signed it over to our bank account.

I refused to send the goods despite our operations manager and financial controller telling me I should send them now.

About a month later the bank sent us a letter telling us that the cheque had been refused by Wells Fargo and that they had retracted the funds + interest + some BS fee's.

We got the cheque back and it had about 20 little stamps on the back showing all the banks it was routed through until it got to Wells Fargo.

Wells Fargo were the only ones to realise the cheque was fake and they claimed they knew because the spacing of one of the blocks of numbers down the bottom was about 3mm too far apart.
The cheque had a perfect watermark and was in special textured paper and everything.

We let the bank take the funds back but told them to shove the fee's and interest up their arse!

Amazing that a fake cheque can pass through so many banks before someone realises the cheque is a fake.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Tue, 03 May 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The scary part is that there are dumb-asses out there that fall for this crap.

You only need to watch ACA to see all the morons being seperated from their money by scammers like this. And then they cry to ACA about being ripped off! I would be too embarrassed to admit that I was that stupid and greedy Razz
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Tue, 03 May 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Mon, 02 May 2005 10:16

Listen to this file, its the funniest with a scammer talking to a guy making arnie soundfiles while talking to him Laughing Laughing :

http://419eater.com/images/martins_davis_050405a.m p3

That's just annoying dude.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Tue, 03 May 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 23:59

I had the sam thing, scanned the attachment, and to my suprise oh look, a worm virus, cant remember what it was called, but yeah, dont open it.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Money Scam Email - Look what I just got! Tue, 03 May 2005 06:03 Go to previous message
i wonder what happens when scammers send each other emails?

do they ignore each other?

or do they start talking to each other sharing tips etc?

Eldar.O.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:school yard pranks
Next Topic:Ridiculous "Ouote" of the Day!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 14:45:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071601867675781 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.