Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 7MGE questions regarding temp sensors.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
7MGE questions regarding temp sensors. Sun, 01 May 2005 09:54 Go to next message
With the 7MGE (specifically MX83 7MGE) how many temp sensors are there?

The reason I ask is because my 7M doesn't like to start when it's at all warm. I am thinking that the ecu is sensing the engine is dead cold and loading it up with more fuel than it needs. The engine starts perfectly when left for 24hours and even better if left for longer.

Before you all suggest things...
I've replaced o2 sensor, replaced injectors, checked fuel pressure, replaced fuel filter, check spark and leads, checked cold start injector and idle speed control motor, check error codes (none logged).

The temp senders are the next step on the list but I need to know how many there are and where they are located.
  Send a private message to this user    
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 7MGE questions regarding temp sensors. Sun, 01 May 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they have a cold start injector

this injector works off a thermo sensor and should stop the injector workin over a certain temp about 30 or 40 degrees

so when its warm test to see if the cold start injecotr
is working

it should not work when hot
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 7MGE questions regarding temp sensors. Sun, 01 May 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how long do you reckon the engine could stay above 30degrees for if it's left to sit?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 7MGE questions regarding temp sensors. Sun, 01 May 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
easy way to check if problem is the CSI - unplug the lead going to the injector - see if problem persists

i would suggest testing the ECU temp sensor (and the CSI sensor)

although this manual is for 7mgte, the sensors should be the same

cold start:
<http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/fi/FI_1 12.html>

ecu temp sensor:
<http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/fi/FI_1 13.html>
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 7MGE questions regarding temp sensors. Sun, 01 May 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 21:47

easy way to check if problem is the CSI - unplug the lead going to the injector - see if problem persists

Tried that... and yes, the problem persisted. I gave it a couple of weeks with the lead disconnected.
cambelt
Regular

June 2003
Re: 7MGE questions regarding temp sensors. Sun, 01 May 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its annoying i know but its common with mainly series 1 mx83,s but ive seen a couple of late ones do it , it does seem they overfuel when starting, its get worse when when u make the head flow better and bump the comp up a bit, i have never looked into fixing it as u just crank it a bit longer and then they start. karmen vortex afm 7m,s dont have the problem which is nice
D
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 7MGE questions regarding temp sensors. Sun, 01 May 2005 13:57 Go to previous message
cambelt wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 23:45

its annoying i know but its common with mainly series 1 mx83,s but ive seen a couple of late ones do it , it does seem they overfuel when starting, its get worse when when u make the head flow better and bump the comp up a bit, i have never looked into fixing it as u just crank it a bit longer and then they start. karmen vortex afm 7m,s dont have the problem which is nice
D

Finally... someone who seems to know what I'm talking about! Surprised

I've lived with the problem for quite a while now but since I spent $3500 rebuilding the engine (plus the $1500 in injectors, 02 sensor etc...) it's really shitting me that it doesn't start like a brand new engine. If I hadn't spent much on the engine I could excuse some minor excentricities but for $5000 in 2 yrs I expect more.

what are these karmen vortex afm's? What is the difference between the early 7M's and the late ones? My car is a mid 1991 model and the engine was rebuilt to standard specs ie: no headwork.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:The Best Lock Nuts?
Next Topic:Are there super charger kits for the ST162?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 17:31:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045089721679688 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.