Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What Seat Covers do you have ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 01 May 2005 10:19 Go to next message

Brand[ 78 vote(s) ]
1.Nos 1 / 1%
2.Snap on 10 / 13%
3.Kmart / Other 19 / 24%
4.None ! 48 / 62%

Hi guys .. What brand / where do you get your seat covers from ? Oh and how much ?

Im looking for some Nawwwwz, snap on etc.. decent seat covers .. how much for the pair generally ? Are there places on line htat you can get them ?

Im gonna chek out ebay now

[Updated on: Sun, 01 May 2005 10:33]

Send a private message to this user    
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 01 May 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wheres the none option? Razz
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 01 May 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOS covers attract ricers Razz and snapon attract theives Rolling Eyes , i know of people with snapon seat covers having their car broken into within 1 week of putting them in.

[Updated on: Sun, 01 May 2005 10:29]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 01 May 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no shit ???

hmm may have to reconsider ...

ok let me add that option
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 01 May 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seatcovers are so uncomfy.

cant understand people with race seats or nice luxury seats and put seatcovers on them. especially those snapon, so expensive yet i've never seen a car with snapon which wraps the seat clean, they tend to be all slopping around

i can understand for people who work in dirty environment and drives the car to and from work, still i'd take them off on weekends

i find floormats uncomfy aswell, and dont use them. though my carpets are starting too rip
CLEEKA
Regular

April 2005
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 01 May 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have real sheepskin ones, came with the car from Very Happy
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 01 May 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 20:21

seatcovers are so uncomfy.

cant understand people with race seats or nice luxury seats and put seatcovers on them. especially those snapon, so expensive yet i've never seen a car with snapon which wraps the seat clean, they tend to be all slopping around

i can understand for people who work in dirty environment and drives the car to and from work, still i'd take them off on weekends

i find floormats uncomfy aswell, and dont use them. though my carpets are starting too rip

Because snap-ons are throw overs dude.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 01 May 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh snap on seat covers = teh rice I cant believe how shite they look,none seem to fit correctly.I guess thats cause they were originally meant for mechanics who test drive cars and keep the seats clean Rolling Eyes RICE i tells ya!

If you have to have some cause ur seats are mangy you cant go past some Kmart ones that are espacially fitted tour your model seats...just my 80 bah

[Updated on: Sun, 01 May 2005 11:23]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 01 May 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAH

yeah they are throw over seat covers and are not meant to fit snog .. and yes they are rice, but i want them because i hate finishng playing basketball and sweating on the seats and making them smell .. like sweat .. !
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
icon14.gif  Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 01 May 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Velour baby.

though black velour in a car without aircon or sunroof wasn't my smartest move.... but its soooo soft. specially the back seat which dont get sat on too often - MZ Soarer and all, not much back seat action of any kind going on back there. but the ladies love it. well they say they do Confused not to good for after basketball though. so suggestion, play a real mans sport like.. full contact origami! fark yeah
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 01 May 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i need seat covers Confused
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 01 May 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have snap ons' for the passenger, nothing for driver coz they're buckets!! so according to this thread......the car is rice!!!!!

but.....

the car is of Asian origin......th owner is of the same.......sooo Razz Razz Razz why not
ae80
Regular

August 2004
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Sun, 01 May 2005 20:26

NOS covers attract ricers Razz and snapon attract theives Rolling Eyes , i know of people with snapon seat covers having their car broken into within 1 week of putting them in.

Agreed, when i was on My L's, i had those AXS slip on Seat Covers, Didnt have them for very long, maybe 2 or 3 weeks, and then i woke up One morning to find them gone! Thats all i had in my Car too..

Generally They are about $40 each, for Slip ons.. Sheepskin ofcourse abit more, and Kmart ones abit less.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seat covers are teh ghey.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've seen sheepskin covers for like 400 bucks!
RollaGurl
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine are AXS, they do me just fine.......
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not gunna use seat covers, not on your life.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I run those beaded seat covers like Taxi drivers use, real nice Laughing

Quote:

Seat covers are teh ghey.

Nod
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got AXS style from Tempe Tyres, $35 each.

there not gay they keep my seats clean.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sheepskin ones are uber comfy but seat covers are a bandaid option get a bucket seat
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DITTO!!!!!!!
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bought these cloth/mesh seat covers from k-mart, they are pretty good.
ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have none, seats are to be sat in Very Happy

I hate having stuff on them

[Updated on: Mon, 02 May 2005 08:46]

Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seat covers are boring.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
covers are ghey

although i wouldnt mind some of those taxi driver beads for a long trip! mm massaging.... lol
brodiepearce
Regular

February 2005

Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont have a car (not old enough, no job) but we have sheepskin covers if that helps lol,,was thinking at one point would be kool to have them made to fit a racing shell lmao,,,mmmmmmmmmmmm comfyyyyy
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a warning for all you seatcover lovers... take the suckers off once in a while and give the seat a good vacuum.

My old man had sheepskin seatcovers in his XR6 since brand new.

He went to sell it 2 years later and the seats were absolutely stuffed.

The dirt etc. falls through the seatcover and eventually gets ground into the seat itself... once it gets like that only a mega steam clean would clean the seat up properly.
duskwolf
Regular

April 2005

Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What Toobs says is very true..

And heres my 50 cents worth.

My mate runs a set of those mesh-esque "Dragon" covers on all seats of his lancer, theyre pretty nice, but only if your skin isn't in direct contact with the covers... you get this really nasty friction.. like trying to hump sandpaper. :S teh ghey.

And never put covers on leather seats.. that defeats the purpose.. (Saw a Lexus driver doing this.. found myself wondering if his covers were rotting from sweat cause by the seat warmers, but if he can afford a lexus, he can fix it too.)

Personally, buy what you like the look/feel of.
After all, your the one whos gotta sit on it, right?
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you just need to get some good leather seats. from a celsior/soarer/etc. something luxurious. then just wipe them down after you get home from bball.
plus theyve got electronic adjustment Smile
duskwolf
Regular

April 2005

Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 02 May 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exactamundo Razz

Speaking of Celsiors... saw a very pimp one goin around perth the other day... anyone responsible? Razz

Or.. if you want sports.. go to a Soarer or MR2 Razz Very Happy

Or if you wanna do it on the cheap, word on the street is those nasty Hyundai Coupe things with the all leather fit into most toyotas like a charm Wink Razz

[Updated on: Mon, 02 May 2005 12:26]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Wed, 04 May 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i might use bed sheets ...
AEeightysix
Regular

January 2004
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Wed, 04 May 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a set of AXS ($50) and snap-ons ($100)for sale open to offers

Now that's riced up takumi tax!

[Updated on: Wed, 04 May 2005 05:18]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Wed, 04 May 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
j00 is teh ghey sometimes Les! Surprised Razz

Covers lix teh ahnu5..
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Wed, 04 May 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just use a big t-shirt to cover the back rest, then you can have mad logos like nike, fubu, adidas etc fkn sik Laughing
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Wed, 04 May 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 15:33

j00 is teh ghey sometimes Les! Surprised Razz

Covers lix teh ahnu5..

thats funny, joo HAHAAHAHAHAHAH

fckin spat my drink back out when i saw that !! Laughing
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Wed, 04 May 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have spoken with an upholsterer and seat covers are not a good idea.

Cloth seat cover on a cloth seat = sandpaper effect. So when you think you are extending the life of your seat, you are actually committing it to an early death.

Have fun kids
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Wed, 04 May 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on leather ?
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Wed, 04 May 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe oh no
cloth on cloth is bad.
cloth on leather is good. For the leather i mean
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Wed, 04 May 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why not use the showers after the game? Rolling Eyes
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Thu, 05 May 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 19:46

hehehe oh no
cloth on cloth is bad.
cloth on leather is good. For the leather i mean

if the guy has such a problem with soaking his seat in sweat, wont the leather rot/grow things if the covers are left on?

you should just buy a bath sheet sized towel to put on the seat, and take it with you to put in the washing machine when you wash your bball gear.

///problem solved\\\
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Thu, 05 May 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Why not use the showers after the game?

I think he is banned from showering with the other lads Laughing
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 09 May 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any one know where you can get the stahlwille ones from? there just black with a the stahlwille logo. im over getting in the car covered in sawdust etc. and getting shite everywhere. (im a carpenter)
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 09 May 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where's the AXS option???

I got them Smile Smile Smile ...
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 09 May 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg just sit down and shuddup Razz
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 09 May 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got AXS aswell, 50 bucks each, dark green to match the car, lol. i love em
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 09 May 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't complain getting a brand new set for $30 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ... Thats the only reason why I bought them...

Thanks to the Toymods classifieds section... hehehe...
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 09 May 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what happened to the good old "pat down" before you get in the car?

my dads a ceiling fixer + flusher, as a result both he and i get covered in fine dusty shit.

just whack the shit out of your clothes before you get in the car, and clean it like you should every weekend.

problem solvered.

and the sweaty man? take your shirt off before you get in the car and wipe yourself down with a towel and bung a clean shirt on, it'll hold out till you get home

whatever you do, dont have the a/c on, or the window down while your hair is wet.

youll be a sick as a mule the next day

peace,

Eldar.O.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 09 May 2005 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 01:15

whatever you do, dont have the a/c on, or the window down while your hair is wet.

i did that last night, and im not Razz
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Tue, 10 May 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Picked up some black Aunger ones to protect the seats until I get the windows tinted... which is being done today. Very Happy
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Tue, 10 May 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The New England Journal of Medicine covered this a while ago Rolling Eyes I think it was followed by a paper on "Don't go in the rain or you will catch a cold" Laughing

Someone should get their Nanna to knit them some seat covers, perhaps in their favourite footy team colours. Then take a pic and show us all.

Here is a pic of my seat covers (note matching seat belt pads):

http://www.shearcomfort.com/seatcovers/images/products/gallery/leopard-gold4.jpg

I get a lot of positive comments about the seat covers, usually young people yell out "nice seat covers mate!" and they laugh and look so happy when they say it that I know they must like them.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2005 02:27]

Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Wed, 11 May 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like those leopard ones, should match the cressy nicely when I get it. Where are they from? Here are the ones I have in the MX6:

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/seatcovers.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 11 May 2005 06:43]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 15 May 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 11:56

Quote:

Why not use the showers after the game?

I think he is banned from showering with the other lads Laughing

get bum jacked man ... i play at auburn !
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 15 May 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 12:24

Quote:

The New England Journal of Medicine covered this a while ago Rolling Eyes I think it was followed by a paper on "Don't go in the rain or you will catch a cold" Laughing

Someone should get their Nanna to knit them some seat covers, perhaps in their favourite footy team colours. Then take a pic and show us all.

Here is a pic of my seat covers (note matching seat belt pads):

http://www.shearcomfort.com/seatcovers/images/products/gallery/leopard-gold4.jpg

I get a lot of positive comments about the seat covers, usually young people yell out "nice seat covers mate!" and they laugh and look so happy when they say it that I know they must like them.

Are u a pimp ? and are those seatcovers in a shagin wagin ?
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 15 May 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have bright pink seatcovers that have a picture of a white kitty cat and say 'glamour' underneath . When I first bought them my boyf refused to drive my car saying that I'd made it girly -- duh that was the point. I'm so over guys looking at girls in cars and assuming they don't own them.
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Sun, 15 May 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have bright pink seatcovers that have a picture of a white kitty cat and say 'glamour' underneath . When I first bought them my boyf refused to drive my car saying that I'd made it girly -- duh that was the point. I'm so over guys looking at girls in cars and assuming they don't own them Mad
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Mon, 16 May 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on guyyyyys and gals

where can i get the snap on type of covers and how much are they ?

Antojoy in Castle Towers are selling AXS for $45 each .. personally I dont want AXS .. i want snap on or Nawwwz .. help ?

what are some places that sell theses "decent" seat covers .. and no not leopard skin or sheep skin shit
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What Seat Covers do you have ? Wed, 18 May 2005 04:37 Go to previous message
auto bahn repco
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dyno / Light tune recommendations... BRISBANE
Next Topic:what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:41:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01766300201416 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.