Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » how is a db test suposed to be done??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
how is a db test suposed to be done?? Mon, 02 May 2005 08:02 Go to next message
i just got defected for my exhaust so i got a brand new muffler put in and the guy tested it about a foot from behind the muffler and it is still 2.55db too loud.

how is the test suposed to be done??
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: how is a db test suposed to be done?? Mon, 02 May 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/us_spec/subaru/exhausts/noise_test.gif

@ 75% of peak power RPM wise.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: how is a db test suposed to be done?? Mon, 02 May 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, it varies from state to state.

Call your Transport Department.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: how is a db test suposed to be done?? Mon, 02 May 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what cruzsida has put up is the correct way by NSW standards im pretty sure that is rather universal though..

if they used the "about a foot" measurement take your right boot and place firmly up testers backside as thats about as useful as dyno testing with the handbrake on.

regardless of any state to state variations they MUST be getting out the tape measure/ruler/marked stick or some form of measuring device and getting the measuring location correct.. aditionally they have to be a certain distance away from thigns that could casue reverbaration such as walls, other vehicles etc etc
$800-RA40 Celica
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: how is a db test suposed to be done?? Mon, 02 May 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know that the legal limited is 92 Db in NSW...My mate has a lancer with 4g63B in it, at 7000rpm the exhaust Db is just on 92, which isn't that loud inside the car or outside...But when it idles, its really loud...Its the same with my sisters boyfriend Mazda Familia GTR is like over 110 but hasn't had many problems with cops or RTA...lilcrash whats done to your car?Does the exhaust have the baffle plate?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: how is a db test suposed to be done?? Mon, 02 May 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
legal noise limit for post 1986(iirc) is 90dB at 75% of peak power rpm. so unless the mitsu is peaking power at 10k whilist kudos if it is, i doubt.

if your mate has a 110dB familia id be more worried about deafness then cops perhaps ? 110db is bloody loud.
$800-RA40 Celica
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: how is a db test suposed to be done?? Mon, 02 May 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate it is fuckin loud, I used to get woken up at 2am when he come to drop off my sister,then the turbo timer is just going for 2 minutes... Confused You proably seen it crusin around newi toof, its silver...But otherwise the Mitsu has 145kw at the Front wheels,I'm not sure what my mate has done to it..But he said his exhaust is just on the limit and has been tested and passed...Most of the work was done up at thorton at RX engineering...

lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: how is a db test suposed to be done?? Mon, 02 May 2005 21:36 Go to previous message
my exhaust is extractors-muffler(dont know wat sort, but it is a real big one)-cannon(i only bought it cause it was all i could afford at the time. i have now made a baffle out of a old exhaust tip so it should pass now. i will go and se wat they say today.

laterdays
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wanted - Work Experience in Spray Shop (Perth)
Next Topic:MUCH ADO ABOUT CELICA'S
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 12:54:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003903865814209 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.